Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Burstfire ostwehr strat  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
Burstfire ostwehr strat
« on: March 13, 2014, 06:33:48 PM »
Hope to see a the strat forum blossum so i'll help it abit. So far i've had the most success vs soviets with a strat that resembles volk, volk, mg, sniper in the start. Most soviets i've met until now blob en mass T1 into TankHall anti-inf.

The strat is quite basic but here we go. Just for fun, might not work well against better opponents.

Build 1 extra sturm early and have the two you start with building T1.
secure all fuels you can possibly get ASAP.

support pool, Landser, Sniper, T2, Mg, Landser, Modernized support in T1.

From here you got choices as Another HMg, Landser, Sniper or mortar. if you are taking the offensive you can even get an LMG from T2.

If it's even T3 ,if you own all fuel points T4.

Now explain:

why sniper against SU? O_o.
because ostheer sniper is only 300mp and SU commandsquad is only 4 men. Do not attack conscripts with the sniper, hit only commandsquad then inginery.

at the time your sniper is out you gather your 3 sturmpios, the landser and sniper vs his Commandsquad, conscript and maby even an inginery. Get in good cover at a point he really needs to start the fight.

keep your sturms in front, followed by landser and sniper. focusfire his commandsquad and if he charges your sturms will destroy him, if not, you can just snipe away until he retreats. during this fight one of your pios should have been retreated and build T2. HMG is your third unit and it hurts.

the modernized support upgrade gives your sniper burst shot. this is good vs conscripts because when low enough the MG and even sturms can insta kill the whole squads earning loads of experiance. (if you use elite army doc left side u get even more vet!)

this is good because you dont really want to kill 1 conscript at the time, its useless. Your enemy will have to get T2 to take your sniper out also, delaying his armor. Get panzergrens against shocking armor.

My first guide for newcommers ever. yay, enjoy :) hope it's viable.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:48:24 PM by Monos »

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Burstfire ostwehr strat
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:37:35 AM »
If the OH newbies keep playing this strat I will enjoy playing SU for awhile, tee hee.
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Monos

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 06:15:29 PM »
Newbies is plural form, i'm just one nub.  :)

Offline Codename "Tiger"

• Balancer
  • Guard
  • Ostheer for Victory!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel (German)
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 10:08:43 PM »
But this is one of the base-strategies. Should work very well against the classical Su Gameplay.
But watch out...be prepared for any soviet light tanks (T70 eg)
and watch out for Russian Artillery...

good luck man :P