Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Changes for the next version!  (Read 54403 times)

Offline Campaigner

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: Changes for the next version!
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »
I really like asymmetry and thus soviets lacking an MG was nice, but if you say it's absolutely needed then OK.

Can't you explain what all those weapons are good for?   If squad x gets MP44 and squad y gets Gewehr 43s what does it actually mean?   Can't you do it like this: "Panzerjagers get MP44 (Assault Rifle - same damage at all ranges, medium damage and superb penetration)" cause I have no idea what all those shortenings mean and especially for soviets.

I see you have some focus on realism with only using units that were actually used on the eastern front. So most importantly, is Eastern Front fun to play as it is now?

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »
Ef is always fun to play ;) And why should we use "ahistorical" weapons? There is a big arsenal available and we picked out what we needed.
About your weapon question:
Well. First of all this is a standard CoH system. So rifles and carbines will always be good on long range and submachine guns on close range.
Test and play with CoH and get a feeling for the weapons.
May the force be with you.

Offline Sotahullu

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 09:46:09 PM »
How the Bombadier unit works by the way? Granatbüchse 39 is big grenade lobbing Ex-AT rifle but how that works ingame?

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2014, 10:01:09 PM »
How the Bombadier unit works by the way? Granatbüchse 39 is big grenade lobbing Ex-AT rifle but how that works ingame?
Works similar to british Rifle Grenades, but still different.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2014, 06:00:28 AM »
Works similar to british Rifle Grenades, but still different.
Will the accuracy of the grenades be adjusted? Because the British rifle grenades tend to miss the target and almost always land several meters behind the target. The accuracy is so bad, I've yet to see british rifle grenadiers hit an enemy target smaller than a big building or a King Tiger.

chaosval3

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2014, 10:33:17 AM »
Ofcourse. You'll have to just wait and see for yourself. Personally, I am a great fan of the granatbüchse.

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »
Ofcourse. You'll have to just wait and see for yourself. Personally, I am a great fan of the granatbüchse.
That's great to hear. I'm very interested in rifle grenades which are currently extremely underrepresented in video games, and I was extremeply disappointed in that lazy-ass work Relic did implementing those useless british rifle grenades.

Offline Dann88

• Soviet Commander
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2014, 11:21:22 AM »
Well, make a beta patch then, I'm nearly done with redownloading the CoH, can't wait to play EF again after a long time
I'm drunk now, I'm outranked you in philosophy.

Offline Codename "Tiger"

• Balancer
  • Guard
  • Ostheer for Victory!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel (German)
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2014, 12:11:10 PM »
And the Panzerbüchse is a good defense weapon too :P
There are very strong combos possible, e.g. MG and Granatbüchse :P
They have an "accuracy" ability, means then they are stationary but perform better.
Its an really nice unit ;D

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2014, 01:53:24 PM »
Will the Landsers still be able to use Gewehrs?
I like to use them as long-range killers, together with a sniper and one or two MGs, and i'd hate to see that go

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2014, 02:23:06 PM »
Will the Landsers still be able to use Gewehrs?
I like to use them as long-range killers, together with a sniper and one or two MGs, and i'd hate to see that go
I don't think so. It looks like Panzerfusiliers and Landsers swapped roles: the former is now a long range suppression fire team with an MG-34 and the latter move in for the close range kill with their MP-40s. You know, I'm OK with it.
Also, the G-41s are now given to upgraded Sturmpios, so you can use them as a long-range squad.

Offline Flash_KOTI

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2014, 02:50:21 PM »
Since it was brought up, what kind of role will the SU-122 have?  In one of the older versions of EF, I vaguely remember it being a soviet version of the Wehrmacht's StuH, ie an anti-infantry short-range mobile artillery piece.  But the real-world version was also a capable tank destroyer, so it could conceivably be a replacement for the SU 85/100.

Offline Codename "Tiger"

• Balancer
  • Guard
  • Ostheer for Victory!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel (German)
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2014, 04:27:13 PM »
Duke is right,
Landers have their standard Kar98 rifles, but they can now upgraded with Mp40 or with Panzerbüchse (AT).
The Panzerfüsiliers are now more defensive, they can be upgraded with LMG 34 and G41.

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2014, 06:45:10 PM »
Duke is right,
Landers have their standard Kar98 rifles, but they can now upgraded with Mp40 or with Panzerbüchse (AT).
The Panzerfüsiliers are now more defensive, they can be upgraded with LMG 34 and G41.

I'm sorry, but wouldn't that make the Landers a OP early-game SMG-squad?
Or does the MP40 upgrade require a expensive research, like the Mkb42 (H) in the current version?

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
Duke is right,

I'm sorry, but wouldn't that make the Landers a OP early-game SMG-squad?
Or does the MP40 upgrade require a expensive research, like the Mkb42 (H) in the current version?
Yup, unlocking mp40/pzb requires teching of course.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.