Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Wehrmacht Strategy Involving Defensive Doctrine  (Read 3707 times)

Offline irik

• Guard
    • View Profile
Wehrmacht Strategy Involving Defensive Doctrine
« on: September 06, 2014, 05:47:41 PM »
What strategy and build order can I do as the Wehrmacht against the Allied Factions?
Guards of the Red Army. Today, the German Reich is done away with!

Offline panthertank67

• Balancer
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Wehrmacht Strategy Involving Defensive Doctrine
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 03:20:55 AM »
Well I dont have much experience using it against the ruskies but, against USA I usually would build 1 additional pioneer then T1,volks,mg,volks,volks,(get Med bunker ASAP)T2Pak...then it really depend on situation on what to build next. The defensive strat help the bunkers be stronger and lets you reinfoce beside them(once you get it on command tree) which really can help. You need to put the med bunker close to front lines but in a area it can be protected. But once you medics get fallen soldiers you will soon have a army of zombie-grenadiers which you can arm with mgs or panzerschrecks. Hope this helped :P
Tiger: Like a hot knife through butter................... T-34 destroyed.

Offline Campaigner

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »
2x pioneers, bike, mg and Volks.

Pioneers cap and build stuff.
Bike must harass engineers and Rifles and get repaired by a pio.
Volks and mg must be used together. Volks have longrange firepower that got a hard time bleeding while the mg wait behind for when the engineers and Rifles close in. Try and place the mg so it covers a possible flank.

From there on out you're on your own :p   If he goes T2 with Snipers, mgs and mortars then it's T3 that is for you. Blitzkrieg to get StuH 42s are always feared.

If you go 3x Volks then he WILL counter with BARs and flamerengineers and you WILL lose immediately!   It has happened to me and I was powerless to stop it....

Against soviets, you must stop the cappingpower of the conscripts and ingeneery. I would use a bike or two to harass the hell out of'em. Bleed them dry!
If they go longrange firepower and stay back --> mortars.
Should they go closerange and charge --> mg to support your stuff.

Brits, I hate the Brits and just refuse to with or against that stupid faction. Should you face them however, Snipers!   Britsquads are the most expensive in the game so killing individual models are extremely powerful. Snipers to kill and an mg to save the snipers are needed. Pios and Volks cap.

Offline irik

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 11:25:16 PM »

Do you mean build 2 more pioneers, or have two pioneer squads by the time I receive my Motorcycle?
Guards of the Red Army. Today, the German Reich is done away with!

Offline Campaigner

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »

Do you mean build 2 more pioneers, or have two pioneer squads by the time I receive my Motorcycle?

Have two pio squads.

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 06:23:31 PM »
At least 2/3 Pio Squads, where 1 to build and 1 to capture + defense, and set up a bunker immediately on the important point, and usually go for snipers or MG/ Volks (vs Brits).

Get the Defensive upgrade ASAP so that you can reinforce and defend at the same time with bunker. And then one or two Pak when you are into T3. 2 Volks squad + bunkers in T2 is good enough for map control, and easy to annihilate units. If they happen to have MG, use a sniper in your roster too :D