Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front ver. 2.3.0.0  (Read 46506 times)

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front ver. 2.3.0.0
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 11:03:36 AM »
I wanted to try this new version, but the game cannot be lanuched. I've got an error which says that my CoH product cannot be recognized and try to lanuch the game from Steam. Any ideas how to fix it? The game is installed in fine location.

I just noticed that when I want to play EF, in Steam it writes I'm playing TGW 1918 mod. I tried to uninstall it and it still writes that I'm playing TGW when I want to try EF.

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 01:45:39 PM »
I wanted to try this new version, but the game cannot be lanuched. I've got an error which says that my CoH product cannot be recognized and try to lanuch the game from Steam. Any ideas how to fix it? The game is installed in fine location.

I just noticed that when I want to play EF, in Steam it writes I'm playing TGW 1918 mod. I tried to uninstall it and it still writes that I'm playing TGW when I want to try EF.

I had exactly the same problem.
Solved it by deleting all the coh1 files in steamapps and then reinstalling both the game and mod.
Would seem the mod files conflict?

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 02:14:32 PM »
I had exactly the same problem.
Solved it by deleting all the coh1 files in steamapps and then reinstalling both the game and mod.
Would seem the mod files conflict?

Thanks! Going to test that later.

Offline Shiggythor

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »
Hey, cool new patch guys, i really like the way the ostheer got cleaned up.
A few bugs/strange things i noticed from playing the first few games:

- [german version] Tooltip for IG-barrage missing
- [german version] Tooltip for Elite-Doctrine Arty-strike missing
- [german version] Outdated tooltip for Landsers
- [german version] Left and Right Tree for fortress doctrine dont have names
- medic vet seems to be gone (assuming that the thing with a crane as a symbol and the medic tooltip is logistic. Else medic does not give medikits)
- [german version] Logistic vet uses tooltip for medic vet
- Panzerfussilers cant dig holes anymore?
- Landsers dont seem to get a Mkb42 from the update, as stated in the update tooltip

Offline LCH98

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 03:00:15 PM »
Hey, cool new patch guys, i really like the way the ostheer got cleaned up.
A few bugs/strange things i noticed from playing the first few games:

- [german version] Tooltip for IG-barrage missing
- [german version] Tooltip for Elite-Doctrine Arty-strike missing
- [german version] Outdated tooltip for Landsers
- [german version] Left and Right Tree for fortress doctrine dont have names
- medic vet seems to be gone (assuming that the thing with a crane as a symbol and the medic tooltip is logistic. Else medic does not give medikits)
- [german version] Logistic vet uses tooltip for medic vet
- Panzerfussilers cant dig holes anymore?
- Landsers dont seem to get a Mkb42 from the update, as stated in the update tooltip

-Army Support Doctrine Luchs call-in still has the Pz 38t / wespe description in the doctrine tree
-Army Support Doctrine JU-87D-5 bombing run still has the JU-87G-2 (twin 37mm cannon run instead of the bombing run) description in the call-in menu

All I've really encountered in my first two matches

EDIT:
The Ju-87D-5 bombing run constantly spawned from the enemy spawn point, and got shot down by T-90s every time i called it in and negated the use of it in-game entirely.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 03:02:30 PM by LCH98 »

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 05:04:30 PM »
Whoohoo! Finally, the long-awaited patch! New changes are awesome. Great job, guys, I've always beleived in you  :)

Seeing how people report oddities of the new update, I'd like to throw in my 5 cents.
A whole lot of bugs about Shtrafnie:
- If the commisar is killed and then the Shtrafnies squad is reinforced, the guy who takes his place is a simple conscript, and not an officer. Maybe WAD, I don't know.
- They seem to lack the building animation: when I give the order to build sandbags, they just stand in a group and watch the sandbags being magically laid by themselves  ;D
- If the squad suffered some casualties (including the officer model), reinforced and fully healed, the squad's health bar will always be not full. This is probably because the commisar model has a bit more HP then the cons, so when a conscript replaces the officer (see n.1 in my list), a small portion of health is considered "lost", hence the not full HP bar.
- For some reason, when turning the Conscripts into Shtrafnie, the squad's icon does not change from rifle to a small square, so it's really hard to differentiate your Cons from Shrafniki.
- When idling out in the field and not in combat, they make the animations the soldiers usually perform only in the base sector. Well, I described it a bit fuzzy, still, to understand, try moving a Shtrafnie squad and, say, a Strelky squad out in the field and look at the soldiers. While Strelky will try to crouch, take cover, scan the horizon, look out for the enemies, the Shtrafnie will just stand tall and straight as if they are in the base sector.

Also, I concur with people above: many tooltips in the English versions are messed up, and some text is missing with BLANK written instead. But I'm sure it's all going to be fixed.
I hope all this helps. I'll probably find some more stuff later.

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 05:55:13 PM »
We can probably release a hotfix to patch up all the bugs

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 09:37:13 PM »
How is the ostheer commanding officer squad w/ 3 men? Are the 2 KCH bodyguards just like the regular knights cross except with rifles?
Yes, the Officer has two knight cross holders as bodyguards who are armed with g43 rifles. The unit itself is pretty good in long range combat and buffs nearby allied units in a defensive manner, depending on the assault pool/support pool choice.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 10:16:43 PM »
Yes, the Officer has two knight cross holders as bodyguards who are armed with g43 rifles. The unit itself is pretty good in long range combat and buffs nearby allied units in a defensive manner, depending on the assault pool/support pool choice.
Speaking of bodyguards, I understand that this is only cosmetic stuff and you devs should probably do something more important, but here I was wondering, could you guys do something about the bodyguards' models? Make their unifroms, I dunno, a bit darker and less shiny, maybe a bit more dirty? It's just this contrast between them with their perfectly clean uniforms for parades with all the shiny silverish details, medals and stuff, and the officer, with his dark mud-covered coat, dirty cap and a moody look on his face... I guess after serving on the Eastern front, his bodyguards would look more like him and less like they're just from a great parade in Berlin  ;)

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 11:34:33 PM »
Speaking of bodyguards, I understand that this is only cosmetic stuff and you devs should probably do something more important, but here I was wondering, could you guys do something about the bodyguards' models? Make their unifroms, I dunno, a bit darker and less shiny, maybe a bit more dirty? It's just this contrast between them with their perfectly clean uniforms for parades with all the shiny silverish details, medals and stuff, and the officer, with his dark mud-covered coat, dirty cap and a moody look on his face... I guess after serving on the Eastern front, his bodyguards would look more like him and less like they're just from a great parade in Berlin  ;)
Agree. We already have a different model/skin for them, however the implementation caused buggy behavior. The model will be updated in the future. For now we'll keep them :D

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 04:05:46 AM »
The bodyguards themselves look as if they hold a higher rank than the officer (medals, binos, officer cap, etc)

So they do as much damage as panzer grenadiers with the g43 upgrade? With KCH health?
My personal favorite

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 08:31:22 AM »
Whoohoo! Finally, the long-awaited patch! New changes are awesome. Great job, guys, I've always beleived in you  :)

Seeing how people report oddities of the new update, I'd like to throw in my 5 cents.
A whole lot of bugs about Shtrafnie:
- If the commisar is killed and then the Shtrafnies squad is reinforced, the guy who takes his place is a simple conscript, and not an officer. Maybe WAD, I don't know.
- They seem to lack the building animation: when I give the order to build sandbags, they just stand in a group and watch the sandbags being magically laid by themselves  ;D
- If the squad suffered some casualties (including the officer model), reinforced and fully healed, the squad's health bar will always be not full. This is probably because the commisar model has a bit more HP then the cons, so when a conscript replaces the officer (see n.1 in my list), a small portion of health is considered "lost", hence the not full HP bar.
- For some reason, when turning the Conscripts into Shtrafnie, the squad's icon does not change from rifle to a small square, so it's really hard to differentiate your Cons from Shrafniki.
- When idling out in the field and not in combat, they make the animations the soldiers usually perform only in the base sector. Well, I described it a bit fuzzy, still, to understand, try moving a Shtrafnie squad and, say, a Strelky squad out in the field and look at the soldiers. While Strelky will try to crouch, take cover, scan the horizon, look out for the enemies, the Shtrafnie will just stand tall and straight as if they are in the base sector.

Also, I concur with people above: many tooltips in the English versions are messed up, and some text is missing with BLANK written instead. But I'm sure it's all going to be fixed.
I hope all this helps. I'll probably find some more stuff later.
The first one was difficult, because for some reason it refused to work in the right way but it is fixed now. It is odd but it used to work in the internal version in the past, I wonder if the last Relic patch screwed it :\.

So far the only thing missing is the builder animations for the Squad, but the squad as it should be able to show it. I'm not sure what's wrong and why they aren't using it. The translations are more or less ready, but they still need to be uploaded to our DB and translated by our comrades translators and that will take some time.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline LeL

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 08:35:30 PM »
Realy great job :). love the new units. But I noticed that WM Grens cant get any vet or the vet icons are missing???

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 09:14:22 PM »
Realy great job :). love the new units. But I noticed that WM Grens cant get any vet or the vet icons are missing???
aaaaaaaaaaaahhh crap... That's an error on my part. I played with some alternate, better looking vet icons for the Wehrmacht and USA. But it didnt work out well and I reverted it. However, I justed checked the files and well... There's a little error: I placed a "/" at a point where I'd needed to place a "\" instead. That's why the icons are not shown. It's only optical, the vet boni are still applied. Will be fixed with the next version.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »
We will fix everything you guys report and release a patch soon. Perhaps in two weeks or less, depending of the feedback and the bugs needed to fix.

@LeL
Somehow it seems the Grenadier vet icons are not the right ones, but yes, they earn vet.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...