Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: 2.300 Bugs  (Read 25263 times)

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
Re: 2.300 Bugs
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 06:16:43 PM »
[...]
0 The Medic Upgrade for Landsers (and perhaps other infantries) are not available. I upgraded to Vet 2 and 3 and I still cannot see the medic bag.
0 The Sector Heal for Army Fortress (The the doctrine beside Panzernest) does not work, and the sector is not shown in green when you have Panzernest/ Field Hospital (except the HQ).
[...]
These were removed on purpose, so they aren't bugs.

I see, so it also means that the medic upgrade is no more for Ostheer except you choose the first doctrine right?

Hope there will be a temporary patch as the reinforcement bug for field hospital might affect gameplay a bit.

I also found some bugs:

- Snowman Grenadiers and Grenadiers (Wehr) has bug, where the first aid station produces grenadiers and the barracks provide snowman grenadiers, and grenadiers has no effect on the vet upgrade in Kampkraft Center (but the snowman does XD)
- Soviet's Katyusha sometimes cannot barrage, it shows that 'Ability is active' but it is not firing. (1 out of 4 Katyushas)

Hope it helps :>

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 06:27:53 PM »
The grenadiers have vet, just that the icons are barely visible. The Katyusha not firing is a bug from Relic's engine. We can't fix it and it happens when firing on uneven terrain.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
[...]
0 The Medic Upgrade for Landsers (and perhaps other infantries) are not available. I upgraded to Vet 2 and 3 and I still cannot see the medic bag.
0 The Sector Heal for Army Fortress (The the doctrine beside Panzernest) does not work, and the sector is not shown in green when you have Panzernest/ Field Hospital (except the HQ).
[...]
These were removed on purpose, so they aren't bugs.

I see, so it also means that the medic upgrade is no more for Ostheer except you choose the first doctrine right?
Medic vet is gone. It's replaced by supply vet, which lowers reinforcement costs and ability costs.
The field hospital heals allied units when you build it in your base sector.
Hope there will be a temporary patch as the reinforcement bug for field hospital might affect gameplay a bit.
Which reinforcement bug?

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 10:00:23 PM »
So, the field hospital no longer can reinforce, that's new to me. I thought it was a bug.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Lutzow

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 11:37:34 PM »
So, the field hospital no longer can reinforce, that's new to me. I thought it was a bug.
Seriously? Why was the reinforcement canceled? Pls put it back  :P

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 12:37:06 AM »
The reasoning in a nutshell is:

"Ostheer is an offensive faction, and as such it doesn't require field hospitals to help them push enemies because they are already good on that. Besides, there is not a single buildable structure that retrieve wounded soldiers (US medic tent, CW CCS) that gives such feature, not to mention it cannot be damaged by small arms like a Wehr bunker and this building requires an upgrade to retrieve wounded and a Command Tree upgrade to make it reinforce infantry and it is a defensive faction which of course, Ostheer is not."

Although I can't help but agree on that line of thought. Ostheer should focus on the offensive and it becomes some sort of defensive when using fortress tree.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 07:24:08 AM »

Medic vet is gone. It's replaced by supply vet, which lowers reinforcement costs and ability costs.
Which reinforcement bug?
Medic station/ Field hospital will be able to reinforce or not, seems it is a bit confusing on the descriptions too.

I think without the field hospital option, it makes it is not useful as offensive, as your reinforce option is only the halftrack, compared to Soviets (outpost upgrade outside base), US, Wehr, PE (barracks upgrade and halftrack), Brits (moveable HQ). PE is also offensive but seems that they have more reinforcement and healing options when it is compared with Ostheer.

Ostheer infantry is not that tough as PE in early to mid stage and with very limited reinforcement ability it makes that using Ostheer need to be a very advanced player.  The logistic upgrade will be less useful if there is no halftracks for them. My 2 cents :>

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 11:38:37 AM »

Which reinforcement bug?
Medic station/ Field hospital will be able to reinforce or not, seems it is a bit confusing on the descriptions too.

I think without the field hospital option, it makes it is not useful as offensive, as your reinforce option is only the halftrack, compared to Soviets (outpost upgrade outside base), US, Wehr, PE (barracks upgrade and halftrack), Brits (moveable HQ). PE is also offensive but seems that they have more reinforcement and healing options when it is compared with Ostheer.

Ostheer infantry is not that tough as PE in early to mid stage and with very limited reinforcement ability it makes that using Ostheer need to be a very advanced player.  The logistic upgrade will be less useful if there is no halftracks for them. My 2 cents :>
Hmm, you got a Point there. The reason why the reinforcement Option is gone is because the medic Emplacement works like the Wehrmacht bunker. On top it offers healing (in base) and an option to reinforce from it. Wehrmacht Needs fortify the Perimeter from def doctrine to do that. So, we concluded that the non-doctrinal Ostheer medic Emplacement is too useful compared to the bunker, and the reinforcement Option got scrapped. Especially since the Ostheer can push more compared to Wehrmacht earlygame and thus secure territory easier - especially in teamgames. In 1v1 this isnt that much of a Problem (also the maps are much smaller).

I'll roll up the Topic internally once more, maybe we'll find a suitable solution for this.

Greetings

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »
And also don't forget he OH can now upgrade civilian buildings into forward barracks. Although this can be not useful on maps with no/few suitable buildings.

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 01:26:02 PM »
And also don't forget he OH can now upgrade civilian buildings into forward barracks. Although this can be not useful on maps with no/few suitable buildings.

Yes, I also noticed that when I play a new game. If this option is available then it will be OK so that the reinforcing ability is at least on par with other vanila factions (but might be removed as mods said that OH is offensive except you are choosing Army Fortress). Suggestion: OH can have the ability similar to Soviets and perhaps using Opel Mauliter as reinforcement option since it also secure territory, as it is more into offensive play that is like Soviets where Soviets use the infantry tide strategy with this XD

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 02:18:24 AM »
noticed when i tried to crew the zis AT gun with my landsers, the crew died immediately
My personal favorite

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 07:04:14 AM »
Thanks, it will be fixed for the next update.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Tom

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »
noticed when i tried to crew the zis AT gun with my landsers, the crew died immediately
booby trapped zis gun. filthy russians :))
knowing what you want is half the battle

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 01:46:41 AM »
sometimes the sturmpioneer with the g41 upgrade will glitch. Sometimes I noticed they have 2 G41 and 1 MP41 when there should be 3 G41s and 0 Mp41

The skirmish squad from ost doesn't seem to benefit or atleast get an icon when the ability "Dig in" from the fortress doc is chosen.

Marder II does pitty damage against the GAZ (soviet scout car)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:28:19 AM by Enrique 'Blackbishop' E. »
My personal favorite

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 06:17:43 AM »
I can't answer for the lack of the Dig in bonus in the Skirmish squad because it might be a balance decision, but I'll fix the others.
Mors Indecepta