Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: OST Nerfed?  (Read 7186 times)

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: OST Nerfed?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 06:33:02 AM »
aside from the nerfing of the landsers and the brandenburgers, some units buff the faction such as the new rifle grenade unit, the skirmish commander, and the extremely powerful jager squad.
My personal favorite

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 12:59:49 PM »
rifle grenade? you mean the bombadiers? haven't found a use for them playing only against AI so far, i tend to go fortress as having the panzernests saves you running round like a headless chicken.

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 01:56:36 PM »
Bombardiers work well in halftracks, buildings, foxholes and cover in General. They're also good against troops in buildings.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 02:30:32 AM »
They are also very effective when grouped with 3 or 4, especially against the soviet faction. Their main troops conscripts and some inginery are very vulnerable to the rifle grenades due to their extremely low health per man, making the grenade very deadly. Imagine all 7 conscripts blobbed behind one small wall, they'd be dead if the rifle greenade hit dead on.
My personal favorite

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 11:32:03 PM »
aside from the nerfing of the landsers and the brandenburgers, some units buff the faction such as the new rifle grenade unit, the skirmish commander, and the extremely powerful jager squad.
Yes, a lot of power was shifted from Landsers to other units, making them less op and giving more options to the Ostheer player. It now requires more tactical choices to play sucessful compared to before.
They are also very effective when grouped with 3 or 4, especially against the soviet faction. Their main troops conscripts and some inginery are very vulnerable to the rifle grenades due to their extremely low health per man, making the grenade very deadly. Imagine all 7 conscripts blobbed behind one small wall, they'd be dead if the rifle greenade hit dead on.
Exactly. However, it requires some experience to use them - therefor they're pretty efficient if used correctly.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 01:58:24 AM »
the sturmpioneers with the upgrade seems lacking for 75 munitions. I know it helps increase defense but g41s are still low in terms of dps compaerd to other uprade ssuch as the mkb42 from the jagers.
My personal favorite

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 08:21:40 AM »
the sturmpioneers with the upgrade seems lacking for 75 munitions. I know it helps increase defense but g41s are still low in terms of dps compaerd to other uprade ssuch as the mkb42 from the jagers.
Yes, I've also noticed that and have to agree - most likely the cost will be lowered to 50 ammo instead for the next patch.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 11:49:29 PM »
keep them at 75 munitions, just give them better rifles like g43's with the same DPS as panzergrenadiers, except 3 G43 instead of 2. That would make for a better squad.
My personal favorite

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2014, 08:41:31 AM »
keep them at 75 munitions, just give them better rifles like g43's with the same DPS as panzergrenadiers, except 3 G43 instead of 2. That would make for a better squad.
g41 are just as good as g43, but they're different. There are some bugs with the upgrade atm, too. So after the fixes they'll be more useful.