Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Skirmish commander weapon slot  (Read 6339 times)

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Skirmish commander weapon slot
« on: October 06, 2014, 11:42:09 PM »
Hello,

I wonder why skirmish commander lacks weapon slots. He has to gain experience to become useful later, and his KCH bodyguards with rifles cannot earn enough XP for him. The ability to pick up eg. MG42 or Panzerschreck would increase his combat capabilities, especially when SU command squad has a weapon upgrade AND free weapon slots.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:01:01 AM by Xenobane »

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Skirmish commander weapon slot
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 04:08:50 AM »
Since this squad is perhaps one of my personal favorites in the mod, how about adding an increase squad size by 2-3 men which could be unlocked from a variety of ways (veterancy OST vet is extremely difficult to obtain), requiring all buildings, certain tiers/upgrades, etc so it becomes more involved in the faction.

make them one of the units that make the faction unique and more powerful, perhaps they later on can upgrade to the infamous mkb42 once they reach ace status for all 2-5 KCH members (the officer will have to fire his red 9 though still)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:11:48 AM by 132 »
My personal favorite

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 02:30:13 PM »
Hello,

I wonder why skirmish commander lacks weapon slots. He has to gain experience to become useful later, and his KCH bodyguards with rifles cannot earn enough XP for him. The ability to pick up eg. MG42 or Panzerschreck would increase his combat capabilities, especially when SU command squad has a weapon upgrade AND free weapon slots.
Actually, this is more of an oversight. We'll give them a possiblity to pickup a weapon.
Since this squad is perhaps one of my personal favorites in the mod, how about adding an increase squad size by 2-3 men which could be unlocked from a variety of ways (veterancy OST vet is extremely difficult to obtain), requiring all buildings, certain tiers/upgrades, etc so it becomes more involved in the faction.

make them one of the units that make the faction unique and more powerful, perhaps they later on can upgrade to the infamous mkb42 once they reach ace status for all 2-5 KCH members (the officer will have to fire his red 9 though still)

The idea behind the Skirmish commander is not that he's a one man army, but a Support unit for weapon Crews instead, and he's a defensive unit, not an offensive. That's why he has got command auras that help nearby weapon Teams, and by his unique abilities. We'll tweak the necessary experience for the squad to Level up in the next patch to make him scale better. But Overall, no weapon Upgrades are planned or other offensive type changes.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 03:37:42 AM »
Are there any units that are 1 man army like? Like the hero units from the Tales of valor assault operations or the 82nd paratroopers baker able squad? perhaps you can make a similiar unit for either a EF or ostheer faction if there are any for a reward? Like make a badass one man army guy or squad that is endgame unit but is one time call in with massive drain on manpower (such as jagd or kingtiger callin)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:30:25 AM by 132 »
My personal favorite

Offline jonarus_drakus

• Strelky
  • MG42: 1200 rounds of fun for the whole family!
    • View Profile
    • Mediterranean Mod Sub-forum
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 05:23:02 AM »
I doubt EF are ever going to do any sort of 'actual' 1-man army units. The closest I see them getting is what they already have - The Soviet 'Sniper Hero'.

This is all 'multiplayer list' based thinking mind you... The possibility of an 'enhanced' sniper type unit for single-player is still possible (iirc, one of the planned mini-campaigns is a 'sniper dual' type set-up ala 'Enemy at the Gates' (which is an awesome movie btw)).

Admittedly, this does bring up one interesting question... Will EF ever include support of ToV's "operations"?

~JD
~ MedMod Dev

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 08:40:07 AM »
I doubt EF are ever going to do any sort of 'actual' 1-man army units. The closest I see them getting is what they already have - The Soviet 'Sniper Hero'.

This is all 'multiplayer list' based thinking mind you... The possibility of an 'enhanced' sniper type unit for single-player is still possible (iirc, one of the planned mini-campaigns is a 'sniper dual' type set-up ala 'Enemy at the Gates' (which is an awesome movie btw)).

Admittedly, this does bring up one interesting question... Will EF ever include support of ToV's "operations"?

~JD
Unlikely, to put it short. We're busy enough with reward doctrines and creating patches for regular EF. Only Thing that's in the works is a new Fortress game mode, made by robotnik.
Are there any units that are 1 man army like? Like the hero units from the Tales of valor assault operations or the 82nd paratroopers baker able squad? perhaps you can make a similiar unit for either a EF or ostheer faction if there are any for a reward? Like make a badass one man army guy or squad that is endgame unit but is one time call in with massive drain on manpower (such as jagd or kingtiger callin)
No, at least not anymore. We're no fans of 1 time call ins anyways. That's why KV 2, ISU, Elefant etc. are able to be called in more than once.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:43:08 AM by Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S. »

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 06:30:54 PM »
Well, the most strongest 1 man army unit I could possibly think of getting is a vet 3 Airborne American Paratrooper squad equipped with 4 bars. Not the strongest upfront but very durable and deadly with the ability to be reinforced anywhere which is a game saver.
My personal favorite

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 11:46:36 PM »
Sounds pretty OP to me. Campaign stuff :D

chaosval3

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 02:29:07 AM »
Lol, indeed. Giving power to a single entity...Sounds familiar, doesn't it? *Cough* Hitler/Stalin *Cough*

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 05:07:01 AM »
Lol, indeed. Giving power to a single entity...Sounds familiar, doesn't it? *Cough* Hitler/Stalin *Cough*

There needs to be some sort of ability in the game where it allows you to go first person shooter mod in the game so you directly can help the war out. Be that one engineer on the field that guns down a dozen of knights cross holders from a sandbag call of duty style. They can't hit anything even if they tried
My personal favorite

• Administrator
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 08:33:28 AM »

There needs to be some sort of ability in the game where it allows you to go first person shooter mod in the game so you directly can help the war out. Be that one engineer on the field that guns down a dozen of knights cross holders from a sandbag call of duty style. They can't hit anything even if they tried

Didn't Spellforce 1 & 2 have this feature? Like going into one dwarf mage, or elf archer and start Shooting stuff from first Person view?

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 01:01:50 AM »
Not sure if Spellforce 1 or 2 did since I have never played the game or even heard of it before. But my point is, we could have a doctrinal unit that we could use to directly aim it ourselves via an ability such as direct fire. I don't think there is a unit out there that has this ability yet but I could be wrong.
My personal favorite

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »
Does anyone know how to use an Avatar in skirmish other than the Templates? Any help is welcome.

-Thanks in advance
Ähm. Sorry? What are you talking about? Wrong thread?
May the force be with you.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 05:02:22 AM »
Probably a bot. Banned anyway :D!
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...