Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ostheer Halftrack cover  (Read 4160 times)

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
Ostheer Halftrack cover
« on: December 11, 2014, 02:51:01 AM »
Unlike the infantry carriers such as the Bren and Panzer Elite Halftrack, Infantry inside the Ost halftrack take damage. Not only that, but they don't seem to fire 360* if not at all, since I remember hearing that the only spot to shoot from was the rear. I would prefer it would be the same like the PE halftrack, especially since the halftrack does not have to transporting capabilities that the Wehr HT has.
My personal favorite

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Ostheer Halftrack cover
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 06:25:37 AM »
Last time I checked infantry inside the OH HT doesn't receive damage nor can be sniped, just as the PE HT and the CW Bren carrier share the same feature. I guess Relic changed this in a previous patch because they not used to be like that.

And about the infantry, they do fire at 360°, just that they do not rotate and that's a known issue ;).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 04:13:10 PM »
You were always able to burn out people out of the PE Halftrack afaik...
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline ATL

• Ingenery
  • Fear the Sturmpanzerjäg... whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 12:05:10 AM »
From what I remember, infantry in these type of transports could be shot down by any decent AoE weapon, being flamethrowers, tank guns and even mortar shots if they happenned to land nearby, a direct hit is quite crippling, yet uncommon. So they're only immune to small weaponry. Anyways it was a long time without seeing in action these transports for me, maybe this has changed.
Amateur player and statistics maniac
"Deep understanding of the gameplay mechanics and skill is better than mere skill"

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 12:07:58 AM »
From what I remember, infantry in these type of transports could be shot down by any decent AoE weapon, being flamethrowers, tank guns and even mortar shots if they happenned to land nearby, a direct hit is quite crippling, yet uncommon. So they're only immune to small weaponry. Anyways it was a long time without seeing in action these transports for me, maybe this has changed.

Yah, same for me. The PE Halftrack spam with double shrecks went out of fashion :P.

chaosval3

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 12:16:07 AM »
Oh man, I remember those days. Never again lol.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 02:16:04 AM »
PE Halftracks and CW Bren carriers have a boolean flag to allow passengers to get damaged, if set to "true" they are damaged by everything that can pierce the armour I guess... but it also depends of the modifiers of the host given to the riders. However, now by default this flag is set to "false", so they behave the same like the US and the WH Halftracks where garrisoned infantry units do not receive damage until the vehicle is destroyed :-\.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 11:57:03 AM »
[...] However, now by default this flag is set to "false", so they behave the same like the US and the WH Halftracks where garrisoned infantry units do not receive damage until the vehicle is destroyed :-\.

Set it to true for the OH Halftrack, cause the WH and US Halftracks do not have actual slot markers, only gunners if garrisoned.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »
I see, thanks to this topic I think I see what's the problem. I'll fix it then.
Mors Indecepta