Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Third reward command tree: Hungarian Support  (Read 19075 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Third reward command tree: Hungarian Support
« on: July 18, 2015, 10:10:30 PM »

Hello comrades,

This weekend we have to show the reward tree that was supposed to come last week; this time is for the Ostheer faction and replaces the Army Elite Troops tree. The internal name we have for the tree is "Defenders of Budapest". Enjoy it!

LHS - Germany's Endgame

2CP - Burn them out!
Grant multiple Ostheer units access to incendiary ammunition. Panzerwerfer gains incendiary ammo, Sturmpios can throw brandflasche(molotov), LeIG 18s and mortars can fire incendiary rounds and the mortar as well.

2CP - Battle Hardened Crews
Allows your vehicles to gain veterancy at a faster rate.

5CP - Schwerer Panzergruppe detachment (1100 MP)
Call in a King Tiger accompanied by 2 ace veterancyt Surmpioniere squads able to repair under fire more efficiently.

LHS - Hungary's Finest

1CP - Fortify yourselves! (75 MU)
The moment you activate this ability, all units in cover or inside buildings won’t be able to move (or move at a slower pace), but won’t die to artillery or explosives, and take reduced damage from small arms fire. This ability is short, but should be able to protect you for a little while from your own artillery or enemy grenades and the like. Duration is around 8 to 12 seconds.

3CP - Hungarian Battlegroup (900 MP)
Request a Zrinyi II SPG and a Border Guard squad. The Zrinyi II has a 105 mm howitzer, and it is designed to fit the role of infantry support vehicle. The Border Guards are a 5-man squad that come equipped with two panceltoro rocket launchers and three M43 Danuvia smgs.

3CP - Siege Artillery  (175 MU)
Allows the commander to fire a barrage of incendiary shells over a designated area. The projectiles will burn the area for some time, denying the area for infantry forces in the process.

The initial concept for this tree has being finished some hours ago, thus we still need to prepare the units(code for abilities and units, textures), so we don't have too many screenshots to add. Also, the names of the abilities might change later. For now is all we have to show, if you have any comment or tip please let us know by writting a comment here.

See you next week!
Archaic Entertainment Team
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:18:38 PM by Enrique 'Blackbishop' E. »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline SollingDown

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Third reward command tree: Hungarian Support
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 02:14:04 AM »
I like! However, when will it be released?

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
I am very worried about incoming changes- lots of call-in units (which are VERY expensive- what kind of player has so many resources floating without use?) which replace abilities (so munis will become redundant again for most of ability trees), however those Tiger pics are sweet. Still I can't wait to see it in action :)

Offline Campaigner

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 02:54:50 PM »
I am very worried about incoming changes- lots of call-in units (which are VERY expensive- what kind of player has so many resources floating without use?) which replace abilities (so munis will become redundant again for most of ability trees), however those Tiger pics are sweet. Still I can't wait to see it in action :)

Be at ease. Wehr and Ostheer need all the munitions they can get.

chaosval3

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 10:50:05 PM »
Be aware that, in general, both EF factions have lower upkeep on their units and cheaper upgrades, which tends to floating manpower quicklier than the VCOH factions. Furthermore, if you noticed, OH call-ins are a bit more expensive. That is mostly because of the what I mentioned above here, but also because they can build the Field Hospital and have Supply vet. The field hospital boosts your manpower, while supply vet reduces reinforcement costs and time as well as upkeep costs.

Offline Xenobane

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 02:22:32 PM »
Be aware that, in general, both EF factions have lower upkeep on their units and cheaper upgrades, which tends to floating manpower quicklier than the VCOH factions. Furthermore, if you noticed, OH call-ins are a bit more expensive. That is mostly because of the what I mentioned above here, but also because they can build the Field Hospital and have Supply vet. The field hospital boosts your manpower, while supply vet reduces reinforcement costs and time as well as upkeep costs.

Glad to hear it, so there is nothing to worry about then :) You could teach guys from Relic a thing or two (thousand)

Offline GpGoodwill

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Third reward command tree Hungarian Support
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 10:47:42 PM »
But if all the CW rewards are the same, which faction will MS jump to next?

Offline MauwMa

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 02:56:10 PM »
How can i download this? ??? sry i'm new guy here

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 09:36:46 PM »
Hello MauwMa,

You can't at the moment. This isn't even in the beta right now, it is just the layout of the reward tree we are planning to add.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline MauwMa

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 10:27:58 AM »
i have one question, why did you creat "Hungary"? Where this come? (I'm from Hungary and i want to know) ;D

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 06:22:47 AM »
So far, the reward tree we would use for Hungary troops isn't ready. But it will be there in the future.
Mors Indecepta

Offline jonarus_drakus

• Strelky
  • MG42: 1200 rounds of fun for the whole family!
    • View Profile
    • Mediterranean Mod Sub-forum
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 07:11:28 AM »
Y'all haven't gone and died or something have you? *I* have made more progress with my mod (that I'm working on solo by the way) than I've seen around here...

In other words, SOME kind of update would be really nice!

~JD
~ MedMod Dev

Offline tomaccess0

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 06:41:51 PM »
I'm a newbie on this forum and I don't know if this problem has already been reported but I really think it's important.
Those additional troop veterancy abilities for Ostheer troops are not working except those repair ability.
I had an Ace Panzerfusiliers Squad with a blood lust upgrade but no medic pack is shown and no regen at all (after waiting for 1 whole min, and the HP is still the same)
I'm playing Eastern Front 2.3.0.0 on ToV 2602 with compactibility patch.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 11:35:54 PM »
@tomaccess0
I remember hearing about that some time ago, but I think that was fixed in the internal version.
Mors Indecepta