Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Looking for balancing players!  (Read 30558 times)

Offline Floki

• Ingenery
  • No Longer Active.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for balancing players!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 02:08:34 AM »
Maybe to make it easier/faster process we should consider the option of using replays.
So the candidates can give us a PvP replay where they play vs equally skilled opponent.

I have a response to that, but I won't post it here in Public. However, I have a very good reason, on the way I am doing it.

Offline Raptek1

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 03:35:57 PM »
Beating in a 2v2 expert AI can count as a good replay?And also where can we send the videos?

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 03:54:27 PM »
We accept pvp replays only.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 05:07:55 PM »
floki you seem to have disappeared from my friends list on steam, maybe its me as my internet has a fault at the minute :( engineer coming monday.

Offline Larm

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 05:39:41 PM »
Hey maddogb. yeah the same thing happend to me. I already send him a PM and are now waiting for his reply

Offline Floki

• Ingenery
  • No Longer Active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 06:55:24 PM »
floki you seem to have disappeared from my friends list on steam, maybe its me as my internet has a fault at the minute :( engineer coming monday.

So I can help clear up any confusion, I am retiring from my position within the mod. It's nothing personal with the Mod Team or Any of the Applicants. I have exerted enormous amounts of time with it, and I have two other projects, I am working on. I am working on a Radio Drama with a colleague, that I am currently trying to pitch to http://nepr.net/ and it comes with a lot of responsibility (Directing, Writing, Casting, Sound Editing, etc...) and I am working on an Indie JRPG (Web Development HTML 5, Coding in C#) with a couple of other colleagues. So out of the three I choose to let go of Eastern Front as I didn't think it was the one that fit with my personal self-interest. I also have a full-time job and a family with children, that need attention as well... so time is of value.

As I have now tried my best to remove my presence from the "Social Media" portions of the mod, to regain a little sense of privacy. For awhile, I was getting a higher amount of friend requests on Facebook and Steam because of people wanting to know more about the mod. I think the mod will be released fine, when it does, these guys are doing a bang up job at releasing something that will give the original game a few more points worth of value. Sadly, I don't think it's something I can continue to invest my time in, however I wish I could. All future, EF questions should be forwarded to Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S. He is the head of balancing for the Eastern Front mod development team. He has a list of everyone who applied.

http://www.easternfront.org/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=230
http://steamcommunity.com/id/darcreaver

- Good Luck Everyone.   :)

Floki.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:02:02 PM by Floki »

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 07:18:16 PM »
Maybe to make it easier/faster process we should consider the option of using replays.
So the candidates can give us a PvP replay where they play vs equally skilled opponent.

would be a hell of a lot of work going thru random replays without guides as to what to look for, good as a starting point but some subtleties won't show up.
one thing that has concerned me often is ability of certain sides to acquire armour a bit faster than OST can come up with anything to compensate, this to me seems a purely balance issue, once known an opposing player simply levels up to that kind of armour then goes on the offensive meaning what ever strategy is picked is futile.
To show this point i have been trying to get replays to display this but giving my social circle a sure fire way to beat me every time seems a bit of a no go lol

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 07:19:10 PM »

So I can help clear up any confusion, I am retiring from my position within the mod. It's nothing personal with the Mod Team or Any of the Applicants. I have exerted enormous amounts of time with it, and I have two other projects, I am working on. I am working on a Radio Drama with a colleague, that I am currently trying to pitch to http://nepr.net/ and it comes with a lot of responsibility (Directing, Writing, Casting, Sound Editing, etc...) and I am working on an Indie JRPG (Web Development HTML 5, Coding in C#) with a couple of other colleagues. So out of the three I choose to let go of Eastern Front as I didn't think it was the one that fit with my personal self-interest. I also have a full-time job and a family with children, that need attention as well... so time is of value.

As I have now tried my best to remove my presence from the "Social Media" portions of the mod, to regain a little sense of privacy. For awhile, I was getting a higher amount of friend requests on Facebook and Steam because of people wanting to know more about the mod. I think the mod will be released fine, when it does, these guys are doing a bang up job at releasing something that will give the original game a few more points worth of value. Sadly, I don't think it's something I can continue to invest my time in, however I wish I could. All future, EF questions should be forwarded to Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S. He is the head of balancing for the Eastern Front mod development team. He has a list of everyone who applied.

http://www.easternfront.org/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=230
http://steamcommunity.com/id/darcreaver

- Good Luck Everyone.   :)

Floki.

oh well back to the drawing board :) best of luck IRL

Offline Riggsman

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 07:39:40 PM »
Floki, after I read your goodbye drama post for an instant I thought that you were the founder of this mod, head promoter or something but wait- you have just 31 posts lol. It's good that you have realized at the end that this mod doesn't depend on you or someone else in particular. So fairwell :D

Offline Floki

• Ingenery
  • No Longer Active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 08:33:35 PM »
Floki, after I read your goodbye drama post for an instant I thought that you were the founder of this mod, head promoter or something but wait- you have just 31 posts lol. It's good that you have realized at the end that this mod doesn't depend on you or someone else in particular. So fairwell :D

Well, It isn't drama. I wanted the people who applied to be candidates to be able to find who they need to talk to, for the next step.
I am not a founder, never claimed to be. I gave all the work I was doing over to Hendrik, He has it, and can do with it what he wishes. I lurked far more than I post.
I don't even know who you are, I don't even think I had ever spoken to you on the team. So I don't think you can have a lot to say about me personally, I can choose to walk away from a project if I want to. I don't think this kind of criticism is needed, and I really don't need to be mocked for my choice. People quit projects all the time, and while I do regret quitting so sudden, I wanted to dedicate the month of February to other areas of my life.

I am sorry you took it so personally Riggsman, but please do not make something out of nothing.

Offline maddogb

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 08:39:40 PM »
not the place for this guys ;)

Offline Larm

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »
Thanks for your reply and work

Good luck Floki  ;)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:43:18 PM by Larm »

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 08:20:38 PM »
What is the concept of balance? How do you define balance? If balance is what you think you see right now in EF, then balance is simply lies told to you to blind you from the truth. I can only show you the doors to balance, the rest will have to experience it themselves to truly understand the truth of balance. I don't know the future, I didn't come here to tell you how this balance is going to end. I came here to tell you how its going to begin. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:26:39 PM by ✪ ✪ ✪ »
My personal favorite

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
What is the concept of balance? How do you define balance? If balance is what you think you see right now in EF, then balance is simply lies told to you to blind you from the truth. I can only show you the doors to balance, the rest will have to experience it themselves to truly understand the truth of balance. I don't know the future, I didn't come here to tell you how this balance is going to end. I came here to tell you how its going to begin. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Did you go to school in Aachen?

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline mandead

• Beta Testers
  • Ingenery
  • Author of Disney's Hootler®
    • View Profile
    • Southern Boys Clan
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 10:12:12 PM »
Hi. evilSpike asked me to join up here and help out with testing the new Steam version of EF, so I am just reporting in. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post, but I am new to these forums. If there's a place to organize test games please point me in the right direction. I'll have time to do some testing later this week.

Thanks in advance, and nice to be here. :)

James
Being with you's like dancing in a burning room.