Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: PE Strategy involving Tier 1 (Logistik Kompanie)  (Read 2913 times)

Offline irik

• Guard
    • View Profile
PE Strategy involving Tier 1 (Logistik Kompanie)
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:11:26 PM »
What strategy can I do as PE, the first thing being to build T1?
How do Panzergrenadiers, Scout Cars, and Kettenkrads do when they capture sectors? Are Scout Cars as good as Kettenkrads?
Guards of the Red Army. Today, the German Reich is done away with!

Offline SchlagtSieTot

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: PE Strategy involving Tier 1 (Logistik Kompanie)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 03:46:18 PM »
Scout cars are only good at securing resources and smoking out snipers. The MG on them sucks big time! They really need a boost.

Offline Campaigner

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 04:31:55 PM »
Scout cars is like the Jeep and Motorbike so it should harass at range. It can also get an upgrade to lockdown so you get more resources from a sector.

Kettenkrads exist to capture points. It's that and the special doctrineabilty.
Panzergrenadiers capture a bit slow so use kettens for that.

It's much safer to go tier 2 but tier 1 can work sometimes, especially on larger maps and teamgames where you can lockdown sectors quickly.

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 03:03:13 AM »
As an expert of the PE and player that is ranked top 10 on the automatch leader boards, T1 is more useful than what it is normally thought of.

First, T1 makes your infantry stronger with 4 man squad size. If you are going for assault grenadier squads, this is a must (increases DPS to fully upgraded storm troopers). 4 man g43's are also very effective, especially with vet sarge upgrade.

ONLY get the scoutcar to counter WSC or as an OP.
Vampire is extremely useful winning the war logistically (deplete resources of enemy by 1/2) esp team games

If you go for t1-t4, get 5 PGs with full g43 upgrade and squad size and DONT forget to get the Vet sarge (I have had countless games where I had a fully vetted army of pgs vet 2-3 by endgames)

If you go t1 t3, I would get 3 pgs and tech t3 for the mp44's. and get 4 man squad asap. ACs and marders from that point
My personal favorite

Offline irik

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 04:27:40 AM »
Thanks 132! If M8s and M3s start getting rushed, how should I counter those with AT more easily? AT-Halftracks cannot do everything, but man is the Tread Breaker messed up, but subjectively great.

It has been recommended by another person to have 2 of the following:
Panzerschrecks
Hetzers
Marder IIIs
AT Half-tracks
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 04:47:08 AM by irik »
Guards of the Red Army. Today, the German Reich is done away with!

Offline krupp steel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 05:00:24 AM »
that list in addition to the PE teller mines, though the tellers are only for emergency use and are a gamble. You don't necessarily want to be glued to one entire doctrine just because a single light tank is on the field.
My personal favorite

Offline Daulat

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 09:47:18 AM »
As an expert of the PE and player that is ranked top 10 on the automatch leader boards, T1 is more useful than what it is normally thought of.

First, T1 makes your infantry stronger with 4 man squad size. If you are going for assault grenadier squads, this is a must (increases DPS to fully upgraded storm troopers). 4 man g43's are also very effective, especially with vet sarge upgrade.

I think PE faction is really the least understood in terms of its gameplay, basically because it's T1 is the least used but the most essential to PE early. The only established strategy that I see being used is PG blob, with T2-T3, then T4, and back teching to T1 for upgrades, or sometimes T2-T4 instead of T3. But I really don't think PE was designed to play this way. It's T1 is very powerful when used properly and I don't see PE can be played effectively without T1 early,though there aren't much strategies developed around it sadly. Scout car is really underestimated. It's PE's answer to suppression. Scout car has more health than an armored car, even more so when setup. And it's suppression is very good,combined with it's great placement flexibility when securing sectors, several scout cars can hold a very big area early, while being setup very closed to each other, with PG used as a support and a repair unit. 3 scout cars can suppress the hell out of infantry, and a scout car can take 4 shots from a hellcat when setup!

Well, I think PE were designed to play defensive early on, securing a good amount of resources from the high resource points using scout cars, using PGs to support them when under attack, and early game, nothing can deny you those resources, as scout cars are very durable when locked, and placed closer to each other. Artillery will be a problem, but not for the early game. And Scout cars are also a great counter to flamer engies as they get suppressed very easily, so your PGs can fight the rifles. With no fuel cost, just 2 pop, it's a steal really. And, munitions HT can force US player to upgrade minesweeper on their engies rather than flamethrowers, further giving you advantage. You can place a vampire to your least guarded area to negate surprise attacks, while you're focusing on securing the resources, and even if they choose to attack from the least guarded area, you'll be well prepared. It's really fun to surprise the infantry clumping in the fog of war with a incendiary mortar round!, or a hummel barrage. Combined with the TD tank awareness, it's maphack lol. AT grenades are very good, combined with ATHT, 4 man squad is the single most powerful upgrade for PG early, for measly cost. Ever wondered why US Aimstong's "Bulletproof" strategy is so good against PE, the answer is lack of PE players utilizing T1 effectively. No mines, no suppresion, no resource securing, and a poor 3 man squad fighting against ocean of infantry charging without the fear of mines, and burning the hell out of everything. The way I think PE was designed to play defensively early as opposed to the common opinions. Just throwing ideas here.