Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Second Reward Command Tree: Mechanized Warfare Strategy  (Read 26364 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Second Reward Command Tree: Mechanized Warfare Strategy
« on: July 04, 2015, 08:32:06 PM »
Hello comrades!

This weekend we will disclose the second reward command tree and it will be for the Soviets, and it is about some former units that now will come as support, I was considering to just name the announcement "The Return of the Forgotten", but Rommel came with a good name for the tree. Hope you like it!

LHS - ARMOURED SUPPORT

1 CP: Mechanized Assault Tactics
Unlocks body armor for Ingenery squads and gives them the Advanced Repair ability. When one squad is upgraded, it gains more HP, armour, and four PPSH-41 submachine guns for close combat. They can no longer be ordered to build advanced structures but are still able to build defensive structures.

3 CP: Tank Riders (500 MP)
Deploys a BT-7 tank which comes with a squad of Sturmovies on it. The BT-7 will have the "Tank Rider" ability/perk just like the T-34 tanks or the SU-85/SU-100 self-propelled guns, but unlike them heavy concentrated machine gun fire on the rear of the BT-7 can damage this unit due to its armour. This tank can (tentatively) be upgraded by the player into a BT-7a. The squad provided will be the same than a Sturmovie-upgraded Ingenery squad.

This is just a placeholder picture

3 CP: KV-85 Command Tank (700 MP)
Equipped with the same gun as the T-34/85, this tank's role is to support other tanks and give them better stats when they are close (works similar to Command Squad vet Off/Def bonuses). Due to how rare these tanks were, it is limited to one at the same time. If possible, this unit would have a DShK upgrade for the cupola.

RHS - ARTILLERY SUPPORT

1 CP: Artillery flare (50 MU)
Debuffs enemy units in the area of effect. It is the one that used to be in Urban Combat Strategy command tree, but was replaced by the smoke barrage.

3 CP: SU-122 (600 MP)
The old SU-122 will return in this tree, but with the new model. So the commander will be able to be upgraded as well as cage armour (just like the SU-85 or the SU-100). However there’s only a limited amount that can be allocated to the battlefield at the same time.

3 CP: IL-2 Rocket Run (200 MU)
Allows the commander to request for an IL-2 Sturmovik to fire it's load at a given target. Unlike the US bombing run, the IL-2 will shoot 8 rockets in the target direction.

We haven't started to work with the BT-7 and the new KV-85 tanks, thus, their lack of screenshots. If you have any comment or tip please let us know.

See you next week!
Archaic Entertainment Team
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:23:43 PM by Enrique 'Blackbishop' E. »
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Vuther

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Second Reward Command Tree: Mechanized Warfare Strategy
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 09:17:26 PM »
Awwww yeaaaaahhhhhh, the return of the Stumovie Ingenery.

Offline Olecsandr1942

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 10:03:16 PM »
Super! Well done! I understand that this doctrine will only be after the fashion in Steam (because you do not BT-7 and KB-85)? :P

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 10:31:54 PM »
Well, it is not entirely impossible to get that reward tree before releasing the Steam version, but it is highly improbable.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Olecsandr1942

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 10:36:25 PM »
And why did you decide to add BT-7? It's 1941 war tank! ???

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 10:59:29 PM »
Precisely because of that :).
Mors Indecepta

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 11:27:19 PM »
BT-tanks were used till 1944. They were very common in soviet formations for deep breakthrough operations like soviet mechanized corps or soviet cavalry corps.
They are one of the famous platforms for the soviet tank rider tactics.
May the force be with you.

Offline AnafemA

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 01:22:00 PM »
Nice Reward Command Tree guys!
But something strange has written on SU-122 board...  as I could understand it's something like "will break down fascists" - "сломим фашистов"

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 02:57:22 PM »
Nice Reward Command Tree guys!
But something strange has written on SU-122 board...  as I could understand it's something like "will break down fascists" - "сломим фашистов"

Yeah, looks like it's intended to be that phrase, as it actually could be written on a Soviet tank (and yes, it makes sense and sounds right in Russian), BUT HOWEVER. On the model we see it's written with mistakes. Instead of СЛОМИМ ФАШИСТОВ it's СИОМИМ ФАШИСОВ. Wrong letter in the first word and 1 letter missing in the second.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:00:49 PM by Grand Duke »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 08:05:03 PM »
Ok, noted. It'll be fixed. Thanks!
Mors Indecepta

Offline Sommarkatze

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
  • KCH should wear capes at vet 3 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 03:51:49 AM »
Once again, wonderful job guys! The moment EF hits steam I gonna play it 24/7 ! Love those body armour guys!

My English is kind of useless. But that because Iam swedish Wooohoooj! ;3

Offline TigreManuel

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 12:48:16 PM »
We haven't started to work with the BT-7 and the new KV-85 tanks, thus, their lack of screenshots. If you have any comment or tip please let us know.
I don't know if you would like to use it but i think that the tankopedia  could help to build a proper  tank. It's domain is from World of Tanks though...
From BT-7 there are a bit more pics  on google image but i gues thiswon't help much either...
Otherwhise its right that there isn't much to find about those ones on  google. I guess you should  try to get a look on some Tank  museum internet sides but  i don't know those  from Russia...

Edit: here just came to my mind that World of tanks made some videos a while  who they presented tanks on Youtube in, 2 or 3 videos  showing and explaining in and outside  stats  etc... also explaining it main archievment and goals. i will  search them out and see if i find something.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:52:41 PM by TigreManuel »
"The object of war is not to die for his country, but make the bastard on the other side die for his!"
«George Smith Patton»

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »
Bish said that we dont have ingame screens of this tanks for you because we dont have the models. We dont need pictures of this tanks. We are prepared. But thank you very much for your note.
May the force be with you.

Offline TigreManuel

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 01:02:43 PM »
Oh okay... i guess i misunderstanded it a bit :p
"The object of war is not to die for his country, but make the bastard on the other side die for his!"
«George Smith Patton»

Offline Mowler

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 08:02:06 AM »
How many of you are still playing this?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 11:00:56 AM by Mowler »