Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Some enquiry about the skins and models in EF.  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Daulat

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Some enquiry about the skins and models in EF.
« on: January 14, 2016, 04:37:42 PM »
Hello everyone.  I was just curious about the models and skins that were changed in EF.  I had installed a historical skin mod from gamereplays thread by a user daedra, and it worked quite nicely in EF,  except for ostheer's panzer 4, which it was not even meant to interfere with.  So I thought maybe ostheer's panzer 4 borrows some data from original axis p4 as I had changed the original.  It just shows pink textures.  I understand it's not the concern of this mod,  but if anyone can guide how can I make it work,  it would be awesome.  Thanks for any help.  I tried looking inside the art data of EF,  but got bewildered  :P. Anyway love this mod,  great work indeed.  :)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Some enquiry about the skins and models in EF.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 06:50:23 AM »
We have no reason to not answer your doubt :).

The Ostheer Panzer IV uses the texture from the Panzer Elite Panzer IV. There is nothing more added to that and if you replace the PE Pz.IV stubby texture for something else you will notice the Ostheer Panzer IV having the same texture. If you have pink textures it means you are using OE states that shouldn't be added in the RGD (either ebps or sbps).

To be honest I just made that because there was no need to have a duplicate texture for the Panzer IV if it was going to be 1:1 of something we already have, to avoid adding more MB to the installer. I can add it's own file so anyone wanting to add a customs texture to each Panzer IV version won't have the situation I described above. But it would be released on the next version (the Steam one).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Daulat

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 09:53:17 AM »
Thanks for the help  :).  I got the most of what you said,  except for the reason for pink textures.  In EF/data/art folder,  I checked under ostheer vehicles,  in panzer 4 folder there are tons of textures and model files,  can I change something there to solve that pink texture problem?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 06:08:44 PM »
No, the pink texture is likely caused because you are using an RGD that has texture swapper enabled and the swap texture function has wrong paths. Unless the PE Pz. IV also has pink textures, then it means you messed up with the original texture. Either fix the RGD by removing that or fix the paths in Object Editor.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...