Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: And another..." Fatal AI Error, Execution Paused "  (Read 7869 times)

Offline ktn

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
And another..." Fatal AI Error, Execution Paused "
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:29:43 PM »
Hello,

I have a problem. I don't know what to do anymore. When I am playing with my friends via tunngle (LAN) or playing against AI. I get this error very often: " Fatal AI Error, Execution Paused ".

I have tried re-installing the mod multiple times, I also re-installed the whole game recently. But the error still exists. I also tried to lower the video settings. I am playing on 4k monitor at the moment (gtx 1080, i7). But it didnt help.

I mean sometimes I can play with my friends, and everything works just fine. And when I think that the problem has gone away, the error pops up again. I am trying to figure out, what is causing this error. I recently read from a random post, that the error may occur when the AI ​​uses a greyhound or staghaund and it is under fire by the AT-gun  or something like that. Well I made a bunch of AT guns, hoping that the error would pop soon. When playing with Allies, I made "greyhound and staghaund", left them to be destroyed by the german AT guns. But everything worked smoothly, no errors. So as you can see I am pretty much out of ideas...

How I have the game installed:
1) Downloaded the COH: Tales Of Valor patches from this link: ht tp://www.patches-scrolls.com/company_of_heroes_tales_of_valor.php
2) Downloaded EF from this link: ht tp://www.moddb.com/mods/coheastern-front/downloads/eastern-front-230-full
3) Also the Compatibility Patch: ht tp://www.moddb.com/mods/coheastern-front/downloads/eastern-front-compatibility-patch-for-coh-2602

Version:
EF version: 2.3.0.0
Coh: Tales Of Valor version:  2.602.0

Scarlog:

-- Log file for all error messages related to the Scar --

Starting SCAR...
setupCT
Init Alt CT
Sandbox race= allies
Sandbox race= allies_soviets
race is Soviets
Sandbox race= allies
Sandbox race= allies_commonwealth
Sandbox race= axis
race is Wehrmacht
Sandbox race= axis_ostheer
race is Ostheer
Sandbox race= axis_ostheer
race is Ostheer
Sandbox race= axis
race is Wehrmacht
AI_Util_Init
EGroup_Create: Group with name eg_ai_ambient already exists, be very careful!
EGroup_Create: Group with name eg_ai_spawners already exists, be very careful!
Squad* cannot be nil!
Squad* cannot be nil!
Squad* cannot be nil!
Squad* cannot be nil!
Squad* cannot be nil!
WC_OnPlayerKilled
Shutting Down SCAR...

AI log:

-- Log file for all error messages related to the AI --

ERROR - Player 1002 AITactic AIVechicleTactic failed to call filter TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle

Logfiles are also attached...

Thank you in advance,
Chris M

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: And another..." Fatal AI Error, Execution Paused "
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 12:03:50 AM »
There is no patch to fix this, because we are focusing in the steam version, but you can try to fix it yourself as well:

Hello! Sorry for my english, but because I'm writing a large text, I will use google translayte. Just say, that I have modified the Eastern Front, added units, abilities and races. During the game, the error is: "Fatal error, execution is impossible." It occurs when the AI ​​uses a greyhound or staghaund and he is under fire by AT-gun, and the technique does not see the AT-gun, because damage radius AT-gun more review machine and technology does not see it. In logs I found the line: "ERROR - Player 1005 AITactic AIVechicleTactic failed to call filter TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle" (ailog), "Squad * can not be nil!" (scarlog) and "23: 46: 13.25 LuaException :: ThrowMessage - Invalid parameter 1 (type expected = Squad *, received = nil) in function Squad_GetPosition
23: 46: 13.26 GAME - SimulationController :: Pause 0 "(warnings)
Through the Corsix's Studio I opened aitactics and found the function:

function TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle (squad)

--Robotnik: Quick tanks should circle around and hit the rear of team weapons, especially AT guns
--This Filter determines if its a team weapon, and whether the personality files allow it
if (not s_personality.tankmove_tactic_strafe_weapon_teams) then
return false
end

return SquadIsInFront (sim_squad, target_squad)

end

I added the processing parameters to nil:

function TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle (squad)

--Robotnik: Quick tanks should circle around and hit the rear of team weapons, especially AT guns
--This Filter determines if its a team weapon, and whether the personality files allow it
if (not s_personality.tankmove_tactic_strafe_weapon_teams) then
return false
end

if (sim_squad == nil) then
           return false
end

if (target_squad == nil) then
return false
end

return SquadIsInFront (sim_squad, target_squad)

end

I played test game and all works correct. Have I done the right thing? What do you see about this?
P.S. Logs in attach.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline ktn

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 12:18:25 AM »
So the steam version doesn't have this kind of errors?

If I apply this fix, that you mentioned, it means that I wont be able to play in LAN anymore?

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 05:23:46 AM »
Yes, the Steam version already has that fixed. If you apply this fix, that error isn't going to show up again. Of course, your pals also need to do the same otherwise one of them will trigger it (you can even send them the file so they just replace it).
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Legolas1

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 06:21:52 PM »
I can't find the file:TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle, help me!!! please !!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:26:10 PM by Legolas1 »

Offline seth36

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 04:05:39 PM »
I can't find the file:TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle, help me!!! please !!!

In case you haven't found this (i know its an old post but no replies) you can find this within the mod files under the path Eastern_Front\Data\ai\tactics in the file tactics.ai searching for "TacticFilter_TeamWeapon_Quick_Vehicle"

I posted a question on this fix suggesting an amend to the code for it posted here https://www.easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=6653.msg163230#msg163230