Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Comrade Commander's Bug/Error/Questions/etc List  (Read 4735 times)

Offline Comrade Commander

• Ingenery
  • Your Comrade, and Commander
    • View Profile
Comrade Commander's Bug/Error/Questions/etc List
« on: June 03, 2017, 11:34:36 AM »
First, I love the update. Cheers.
Now to the main issues:
1. The Conscript description states you can give them PPS-43 SMGs although you can only upgrade them with full rifles or the strafniki demotion. (Or is there a way to give them PPS-43s?)
2. The requirement to deploy Conscripts says Soviet Support Barracks although you only need the Red Army Mustering Tent.
3. The Ostheer is confusing. Example: It says I need Panzer modernization to get Pz. II but I thought it wasn't in the HQ nor Infantry Gefechts Command..so I ended up building everything to realize I needed the Panzer Support (or something like that) in the HQ...also the Mkb. 42 upgrade for Landsers says Advanced Infantry etc...again same thing i ended up building everything to find out I just needed to activate the Improved Infantry Gear then the Advanced Infantry weapons thingy...Could you do it like I hover the pointer over the Mkb. 42 upgrade and it will say something like "Requires: Improved Infantry Gear, Advanced Weapons Thingy"
4. In the Soviet Support Barracks, it says to unlock the T-70 but actually I get a BT-7 (Is there really no T-70 any more?)
5. The Sturmovie Ingenry call in descriptions say they are armed with PPsh SMGs but they are actually armed with PPS-42s
6. The Urban Combat doctrine descriptions of the Soviet still say Sniper Ace but it is replaced already.
7. Britain cannot be played (I saw the forum and yes I know why now...this is just for formality)
8. Brandenburger call in description describes them as wearing enemy uniforms, using enemy weapons (or proficient in using enemy weapons) although they look like normal Fallschrimjager with different helmets (still using Kar 98)....I liked the previous version where they were still wearing enemy uniforms + Mosin Nagants
9. Can Concrete Emplacements (like Outposts) reinforce or am I having a glitch?
10.  Field Hospital (Ostheer) description says, "Allied infantry can reinforce if nearby". I cannot reinforce any of my troops. Can I heal or is it a glitch too?
Others I forgot but these were the ones I remember.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:14:05 PM by Comrade Commander »

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
Thanks for reporting those, we will get them corrected for next patch. If you find any more let us know!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Brandenburgers will only have enemy uniforms if they land in enemy territory. There is no need for them to wear enemy uniforms if they are in allied territories or no man's land.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Brandenburgers will only have enemy uniforms if they land in enemy territory. There is no need for them to wear enemy uniforms if they are in allied territories or no man's land.

AHHH thanks for the clarification makes sense now haha

Some more clarification needed pls hihi

1. Is there really no T-70 Light tank any more?
2. Can Concrete Emplacements (like Outposts) reinforce or am I having a glitch?
3. Can Field Hospital (Ostheer) heal or is it a glitch too?
4. Can I continue posting here any new stuff I found? Or should I make a new forum thread?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:40:10 AM by Comrade Commander »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1) No, it was replaced by the BT-7. We even removed the references left in the last update.
2) They don't, at least that was never discussed. But I don't think they will because OH has halftracks.
3) No they don't heal. I think the description was edited to reflect that.
4) Yeah, you can post here, no problem at all.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
More stuff (Yah I'll definitely be posting here like a playtester  :))(Glad to be of help, tovarisch polkovnik)
1. Army Fortress Doctrine's "Priority Defense" ability description says "$1906....No Key"
2. Brandenburgers (in enemy uniforms)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/770526647076895747/475E368A51BC9B19938E89C3235C8C040F2CCF4A/ [nofollow]
KV1 while being shot by Pz. faust
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/770526647076895191/02CEDF661AD39EF377D97513E2266F4065E37972/ [nofollow]   
KV1 After being shot by Pz. faust
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/770526647076894153/9F754407F048759DC626DE750AFE9C3435F8D087/ [nofollow]     
T34 after being shot by Pz.faust
a. How good is their camouflage ability? 
I shot a T34 point blank/close range while in camouflage mode, T34 turned its turret but he went back to normal turret position (after a few brief seconds) without engaging/firing a shot. Brandenburgers became decloaked but still no one was shooting them (same goes for infantry, but infantry reacts faster)
b. Decloaked Brandenburgers
My Brandenburgers were decloaked at that time, yet no one was shooting....I got 3 Pz. Faust hits to the T34 before a KV1 finished my Brandenburgers off. These were all close range as seen in the screenshot.

3. Kubelwagen reacts too slowly to Snipers (or at least in my play through). I shot twice (so cloaked twice) the Kubel only slowly turned in an odd stutter fashion.
4. ISU-152 can knock out a Panzernest in 2 hits. It can knock out a base building in about 5 hits (I didn't pay attention that time). How come it took longer to knock out the HQ? Is this because of a gameplay decision?
5. I think VPGS AT Grenade should be unlocked when Men against Tanks are unlocked but currently they can be used immediately by conscripts (that way, the kubels can't be knocked out almost immediately and still have value early game).
6. Shouldn't the conscripts be armed with the more dangerous job of short range AT grenades rather than be given AT Rifle Grenades?

7. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/770526647077034299/350160A845FC581B59482028DFBFBEAF4DBBD095/ [nofollow]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 11:42:08 AM by Comrade Commander »

Offline Dreamerbg

• Balancer
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
    • EF mod stream channel :)
BBs are an infiltration unit. Since they use enemy uniforms enemy units dont auto target them. A manual command is required in order for SU units in this case to attack your BBs.

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Comrade Commander's Bug/Error/Questions/etc List
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 02:54:43 PM »
1. I know the KV-1 has an MG behind its turret...why it isn't there is fine, but you can see muzzle flashes coming from where it's supposed to be although there is no MG port/barrel (plus it fires when the hull MG fires I think because it fired when an enemy was in front of the tank)
2. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/770526647077554056/FF5F69D28B8B3B24E7FF7C2BC31E90B1218578BE/ [nofollow]
Captured Wehrmacht Mortar with "$1200....37 No Key"
3. If you press play via library the Eastern Front mod...it shows both EF mod and CoH NSV are running at the same time.
4. Acheivement "Human Wave"
Do you have to deploy both infantry AND support weapons or deploying infantry only will do? I played a match using only Ingenry, 3 Conscripts, 1 Command Squad/Major, and 2 Shock Guards but did not get the acheivement (played a 250 pts VP match against Normal AI)
5. Acheivement "Danko Dankts"
Who is Danko? If he is the Soviet Command squad, does Ingenry count? (How I tried to get the achievement is the same match described in #4) If he is Ostheer Skirmish Commander, I used 1 Sturmpioneer (the one you get at the very beginning for free), built Gefechts to get Skirmish Commander, the spammed Honveds (played a 250 pts VP match against Normal AI)
6. Achievement "What is the R-Key?"
The match I tried doing this was the same Ostheer match stated in #5....did not get the achievement.
7. Why are Shock Guards required to upgrade the PTRD AT rifle first then you can upgrade him with a DP-28? I can simply order a PTRD, DP-28, then another DP-28 in succession, then quickly cancel the PTRD upgrade to avoid wasting 80 mun. for something I don't need early in game.
8. The Propaganda Doctrine description of the USSR still says "God of War Artillery" despite being replaced by the "Air Raid" ability.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:20:12 PM by Comrade Commander »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
BBs are an infiltration unit. Since they use enemy uniforms enemy units dont auto target them. A manual command is required in order for SU units in this case to attack your BBs.
When they fire, the infiltration "magic" wears off though, however it is regained some seconds later if they do not fire at anything. You can look at the icon above them for situations when they are exposed or when they are not.

So, the time the tank took to rotate the turret to fire at them was enough time for them to regain their status, it is quite effective vs the automatic behaviour of anything, but the human player wouldn't have fallen at that trick.
Mors Indecepta

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 02:36:05 PM »
PTRD upgrade description says "Upgrade your Naval Infantry with PTRD" (or something like that you get my point)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 10:07:41 PM »
Thanks!
Mors Indecepta

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 09:51:01 AM »
Can you help me with these Achievements?
Achievement "Danko Dankts"
Who is Danko? If he is the Soviet Command squad, does Ingenry count? (How I tried to get the achievement is the same match described in #4) If he is Ostheer Skirmish Commander, I used 1 Sturmpioneer (the one you get at the very beginning for free), built Gefechts to get Skirmish Commander, the spammed Honveds (played a 250 pts VP match against Normal AI)
Achievement "What is the R-Key?"
The match I tried doing this was the same Ostheer match stated in #5....did not get the achievement.

1. German leFh 105mm artillery (from Army Fortress Doctrine) crew is invincible....the crew cannot be killed but you can only damage the gun itself to destroy it
2. The achievement "Collateral Damage" is broken.....I go to a map with no buildings at all...then Steam immediately (like 5 seconds into the match) says I unlocked the achievement.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:16:36 PM by Comrade Commander »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 01:47:13 AM »
Ok, I'll fix the German artillery bug.
Mors Indecepta

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 12:46:09 PM »
Sturmovie Ingenry can spawn on any ambient building (credits to a friend who showed it to me)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:50:19 PM by Comrade Commander »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 05:11:03 PM »
Do you mean the AI spawn them from ambient buildings or a player? I don't understand.
Mors Indecepta