Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: KV hull MG vs Ostheer armour  (Read 2157 times)

Offline ATL

• Ingenery
  • Fear the Sturmpanzerjäg... whatever
    • View Profile
KV hull MG vs Ostheer armour
« on: August 24, 2017, 05:17:11 PM »
It's been a long time since I last showed any life signs here, I've been enjoying the steam release so far during summer holidays  :)

While testing some stuff and the last balance changes I noticed something hilarious, the hull machinegun from the KV1 was damaging Stug III and Panzer III both with the skirt upgrade, yet it could only finish them if they faced their rears. I decided to take a look at Corsix from my crappy laptop and indeed I noticed that the hull MG weapon lacks the custom armours in the target table, I guess that is the cause of the problem.

I decided to record my fun moments and here are the results: https://youtu.be/XRfFMP-MOiI

And this extra one to confirm my initial theory: https://youtu.be/_YtV74g_OA4
Amateur player and statistics maniac
"Deep understanding of the gameplay mechanics and skill is better than mere skill"

Offline Conor 'burton' W.

• Developer
  • Guard
  • Peoples' Modding Commissariat
    • View Profile
Re: KV hull MG vs Ostheer armour
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 01:24:00 PM »
Appears to be working as intended. Dissenters will be shot or sent to Gulag.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 07:16:40 PM »
Are you playing with the latest version? That was supposed to be fixed and released long time ago... the Panzer 3 at least, Stug III seems fine. I'll test once I get home.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline ATL

• Ingenery
  • Fear the Sturmpanzerjäg... whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »
I'm suppossed to have the latest steam release build, I was just testing the recent changes in the patch, mainly the BT and PTRD/PTRS ones and I came up with that casually (the changes are indeed there). Can someone confirm I am not crazy?  ;D
Amateur player and statistics maniac
"Deep understanding of the gameplay mechanics and skill is better than mere skill"

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 08:56:55 PM »
I'm suppossed to have the latest steam release build, I was just testing the recent changes in the patch, mainly the BT and PTRD/PTRS ones and I came up with that casually (the changes are indeed there). Can someone confirm I am not crazy?  ;D

Found the issue, the Hull mg is missing target tables against Ostheer tanks. Nice finding, I'll fix it asap! :)

Abuse is abuse and has to go.