Other discussions (Read-Only) > Eastern Front

grandfather fought in world war 2

(1/1)

mackerbryanee13:
I know this question is on the left field but.

Is there any German EF developer or member here whose grandfather fought in world war 2.?

My distant grandfather is a USAFFE soldier before the japanese invasion of my country the Philippines
He was participated in the infamous Bataan Death March. But as a filipino. He was able to escape along with his few comrades and join the Guerillas.

And my grandma told me she saw how Japs eat rations lol. She said she saw them eat sashimi. 🍣 and her house btw is used as a forward barracks producing machine gun teams, IJA regulars, Samurai officers ,and no AT guns of course.

My grandma saw the passing P-47s (hundreds of them)  over our village as they go to the north and strafe the hell out of those Japs. General yamashitas tiger division. It is one of the elite japanese forces in the pacific.

Max 'DonXavi' von B.:
Maybe a bit late to answer to this thread but I haven't been around much lately, thought I'd contribute to this nonetheless.

It's wasn't my grandfather who fought in WWII but by great-grandfather. Although my family was noble and traditionally held higher military offices in Prussia and later on Germany, he didn't - as my family didn't get along with the Nazis due to ideological reasons - so he got called up as simple infantryman. Surviving all of WWII (I can't exactly tell which battles he fought in or which unit he was allocated to as my grandfather doesn't really like to talk about it), he ironically died of pneumonia in a military hospital in late May, 1945.

mackerbryanee13:
I'm sad to hear that.

Yeah. War scars people for life.
Is he conscripted in the weary mac or the essses?

Max 'DonXavi' von B.:
Wehrmacht.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version