Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front Patch 1.01  (Read 26986 times)

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front Patch 1.01
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 05:23:15 AM »
We know, this isn't the only patch we're bringing out :P

Offline Saddam666

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »
подскажите пожалуйста как установить Eastern Front?
если нет интернета дома

Братан, ну нужен кох тов или оф версии 2.601. а установка просто распаковываешь в папку с игрой и врубаешь лауншер.

Post Merge: January 26, 2010, 12:26:33 PM
Mod  is very interesting, thanks. Errors:
1. unit is creating, you click modify its gun (for example) this unit wont appear.
2. russian units cant get in leaved AT guns.
3.in maps with destroyed tanks, when u try build anything near it, tank begin moving live alive!!!
4.not all units can get in "avanpost"
5.will see
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:29:37 PM by Saddam666 »

Offline mystic-eye

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2010, 09:49:34 PM »
подскажите пожалуйста как установить Eastern Front?
если нет интернета дома

Братан, ну нужен кох тов или оф версии 2.601. а установка просто распаковываешь в папку с игрой и врубаешь лауншер.

Post Merge: January 26, 2010, 12:26:33 PM
Mod  is very interesting, thanks. Errors:
1. unit is creating, you click modify its gun (for example) this unit wont appear.
2. russian units cant get in leaved AT guns.
3.in maps with destroyed tanks, when u try build anything near it, tank begin moving live alive!!!
4.not all units can get in "avanpost"
5.will see

About number 2. It clearly states in the information provided about the MOD that the Russian troops cannot re-man dropped heavy weapons.

I find it humerous that some people take the time to register and post in these forums, yet do not take a few minutes to familiarize themselves with the literature plainly posted regarding the MOD and the units included. Cummon' folks...before you post, make sure you've read the material provided by the Devs, and read all the posts in the thread you are posting to. I'm sure the devs are tired of sifting through endless posts claiming "OMG Ur Mod is fukd U 4got to make the retreat button!"

About number 3. Actually, this isn't localized to this MOD. If you build wire connecting to opelblitz trucks, on other maps in vCoH, the trucks drive forward a few feet! I've often 'moved' a truck using wire so that it provides cover for my troops capturing a VP under fire. Check it out on Redball Express for yourself.  I would assume that because the russian tank carcasses arn't 'actually wrecked' that the issue is related.

Offline ForceMultiplier

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2010, 12:57:34 AM »
Hey guys, thanks again for putting so much effort into making this amazing mod.

I’ve been doing some intensive testing with my friends from the moment EF was released and we do have some thoughts on balance. Feel free to completely ignore us :) but we’ve given it a lot of thought and we have experience in this field. (I personally have been employed for the last 7 years as a software tester) and games are huge hobby for me.

As I stated before we understand the difficulties with balancing, especially with getting the balance right between early and end game strength. We appreciate the fact that the overall dynamic of the game has remained the same in the sense that if the Axis powers are able bring their vetted heavy tanks into the game it pretty much seals the deal for them. So we don’t really see too many issues for Russians endgame. Our only concern is the very beginning. We’ve been able to narrow down the problems to the Command Squad and the capture speed of conscripts. We understand the need for cheap units that can be built fast as any unsuccessful attack by the Russians in middle or end game can result in the entire destruction of their infantry. (Which incidentally is a concept we love!).

We perceive the Russians can cover too much ground too early, conscripts capture a little too fast and are then able group together for a massive push. We believe the whermact suffer the most because of this, especially since the Command Squad can defeat Volks 1v1. The strike is also very powerful, but we understand the need for it to be able to bring down a building  to ensure that machine guns are taken out. We believe a slight adjustment to the area of effect is in order as it’ll have the same effectiveness against machine gun crews without having to wipe out an entire area (this can be very costly to the PE especially). We think also that the command squad should have fewer troops and not be as strong, therefore used as a unit kept behind the conscripts specifically for the strike, rather than a front line unit which is very powerful early game.

We acknowledge that machine gun crews can be devastating to Russians, but we believe their numbers should allow for effective flanking maneuvers. This may sound like rather advanced play, but if people haven’t got the concept of flanking by now they never will.

So our recommendations for early balance are as follows:

- Smaller radius of destruction on Command Squad strike.

- The Command Squad to be reduced in size in strength and used as a support unit rather than front line attackers.

- A slight reduction to the capture speed of conscripts.

I hope these suggestions are taken in the spirit in which they were offered. We love this game and this mod and hope to see lots of people playing it for many years. We believe that in order to help facilitate this any bugs or balancing issues that can be ironed out early will be invaluable.

Thanks again guys!

Force
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:59:19 AM by ForceMultiplier »

Offline каноширо

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2010, 04:11:52 AM »
большое спасибо за ответ очень благодарен вам
thank you very much for your reply thank you very much

Offline isvr1978

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2010, 07:33:43 AM »
 >:( :o ??? :'( :'(All greetings have tested yours mod EF COH thanks for creation but I expected the best in the first at me the display 1680*1050 and it is not visible to play and update buttons on Eastern Front Launcher version 2.4 window is strongly stretched and there are no buttons start game by the button enter 
 In the second in time games Germans can dump mines even on a staff of British and Russian and we Russian cannot ИЛ-16 direct at a zone of a staff for staff bombing not fairly
In the third could add all Russian to make entrenchments we Russian all war conducted in defence and to guns ЗИС-2 and zis-3 too possibility to be dug round should be made
Tools Artilerrii the curve shoots not precisely at the purpose where beats! Not clearly it then вобще is unnecessary you us absolutely for fools hold
Yes пулемотов groups are not present and we had machine guns MAXIM everywhere and I on excavation found manual machine gun ДЯГТЕРЕВА in Pskov on a front line the PANTHER
And why Russian soldiers do not select the weapon and tools it is not fair
It was necessary to make engineers in group on 6 persons that built faster and hospital to make near to an entrenchment in the form of a blindage in war was blindages that the soldier to restore much
The only thing plus is our tanks thanks have well turned out for it to you but all the same could and is better make them in a life if the tank with calibre 152мм gets to the tank easier 76 mm a gun to it a final fracture of the reservation of the tank
Not for Russian it is necessary to finish mod EF COH and cards badly play to game a multiplayer 2-2 Zhitomir often to fall game and music replace please with ours LORD OFFICERS at us there is such cinema very good advise to look to you a film about two friends and love passed all war from civil and the Second World War 1941-1945 and that your music as on funeral plays

Offline Shaq

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 08:25:53 AM »
They took out the phosp rounds, also the heat rounds for the at gun, no person in the right mind would waste 150 munition on that =P

Offline Happycat

• Donor
  • Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »

I need to try that myself!   :o

Offline Loupblanc

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2010, 03:05:00 AM »

I hope they bring back + Ammo for the +Russian AT.
 It's too weak right now :(

For 5 pop? God it's weak!!!
You know, there are many people in the country today who, through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane. Some of them became sane later in their lives. It is up to people like you and me who are out of our tiny little minds to try and help these people overcome their sanity

Offline himal

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2010, 03:59:00 AM »
all the links are broken or they timeout for me, i got the launcher from fileshack or whatever and when i check for updates it to fails  argh

Offline Deletham_Tomalak

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2010, 04:03:44 AM »
Same problem, trying to install the update on my other machine (for LAN party) and it won't connect for the update, crashes the launcher.

Offline каноширо

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2010, 06:30:23 AM »
подскажите пожалуйста как установить патч 2.501 ,2.601 в ручную без интернета, если это возможно
Please'll show how to install the patch 2.501, 2.601 by hand without the Internet, if possible

Offline mystic-eye

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2010, 08:47:43 PM »
all the links are broken or they timeout for me, i got the launcher from fileshack or whatever and when i check for updates it to fails  argh

http://files.easternfront.org/launcher_updates/EF_Launcher_Update-2.4.exe

This is the link to the updated launcher....