Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Soviet Over Powered?  (Read 9125 times)

Offline ElitistJerk

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Soviet Over Powered?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 10:03:14 AM »
On the contrary, replays are a nigh-useless tool for balance discussion because of differences in player skill, which a balance discussion typically disregards by talking about the metagame.

You clearly have no skill if you are incapable of looking at another player and telling if they have skill. You can look at a players micromanagement, retreat ability, and counter suppression ability to tell how good of a player they are. You can also look at the resources they have throught the game to see how good their macro is.

If they always have high resources = bad macro, low resources = low macro. This is common knowledge to a lot of players familiar with even the least amount of competitive play and you are truly a casual gamer that has no place in a balance discussion if you are incapable of grasping these points. Good day Sir. You lose.

Offline PersianImm0rtal

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 10:35:44 AM »
On the contrary, replays are a nigh-useless tool for balance discussion because of differences in player skill, which a balance discussion typically disregards by talking about the metagame.

You clearly have no skill if you are incapable of looking at another player and telling if they have skill. You can look at a players micromanagement, retreat ability, and counter suppression ability to tell how good of a player they are. You can also look at the resources they have throught the game to see how good their macro is.

If they always have high resources = bad macro, low resources = low macro. This is common knowledge to a lot of players familiar with even the least amount of competitive play and you are truly a casual gamer that has no place in a balance discussion if you are incapable of grasping these points. Good day Sir. You lose.

Lol, hence his name

Offline Mr. Someguy

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 05:51:59 PM »
I've played 3 games and each time I've felt horribly underpowered. Conscripts are COMPLETELY useless for any kinds of combat at all. Maybe that was the intention, but then why bother with the Conscript upgrade?

Each game I find myself unable to stand up to Armored Cars at all. AT Gun? Drive around it. AT Squad? Shoot the bastards. AT Grenade? Might make one of them retreat momentarily, but he'll be back. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but each time Armored Cars slaughter me.

Tanks, well, I find them to be utterly useless. The first 2 are extremely weak, can't even take out the Armored Cars for me. Then the T-34, which comes out too late to solve my AC issues, because by then I've gotten to the point where most of my map has been taken away from me and he's rolling his AT Guns over to my base.

Also I think we need an M1910 HMG on a small cart. It'll act like an AT Gun in terms of movement, and a Vickers in terms of attack. That way it's unique compared to the other MG's.

Well I'm done, now you can flame me because I suck / Did it wrong / Didn't do ___ / etc.

Offline PersianImm0rtal

• Donor
  • Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »
The majority of the people in the polls think the game is Over powered, so FIX IT

Offline Nimitz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 06:05:51 PM »
Soviets are only slightly overpowered. Multiple MG starts rape them if they're kept alive. They definitely need some tweaking, but it really isn't as bad as it seems. Soviets not being able to retreat or recrew is a huge weakness which if taken advantage of makes them not so hard to beat.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »
Right, I'm going to make this simple for everyone

This is not a forum for keyboard fights and personal attacks.
Quoting line by line what somone has written and then  writing a page full of insults for each one is also NOT gonna happen in this forum

You want to make keyboard fights, find another forum or grow up and post like adults!

This is just a game gents, not a battleground.

Posts deleted
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:48:19 PM by Zerstörer »
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline georider

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 09:50:16 AM »
keyboard fights
I 'm familiar with it  :D
So ,trust me this wont end to anywhere ,I have resent suspended from somewhere because I use to do it and it is good believe me , express the right points but no keyboard fightings .
Thanks

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 11:58:04 AM »
GermanSteel, our policy is to delete offensive posts, full stop. That is a clear part of our rules, so nobody should have any suprises. But we don't have the time to read every single post on this board, so if you feel that somebody is flaming, report the post.