Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: I think the AI just got better...  (Read 9593 times)

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: I think the AI just got better...
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »
I dont understand this. I played as Wehr with an expert wher and 2 hard PE's agabist 4 hard soviets, and for the majority of the game they were putting up a great fight and almost pushed me into my base. But then, all of a sudden they just STOPPED. they didnt build ANYTHING. no more su85's, nothing. We then procedded to take over the whole map with the AI's huge blob of crap that they  assemble wherever you click the "defend here" button. WHy did thye just stop all of a sudden?

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »
There's a problem with them... they like to spam doctrine units sometimes and noting else. With Propaganda it's Katyushas, with Urban it's Partisans and with Breakthrough its Mechanics, although Breakthrough isn't half as bad as the other two.

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 10:16:46 PM »
There's a problem with them... they like to spam doctrine units sometimes and noting else. With Propaganda it's Katyushas, with Urban it's Partisans and with Breakthrough its Mechanics, although Breakthrough isn't half as bad as the other two.

YES. I noticed this. They would just spam katysuka after katyshuka and nothing else. they had like 10 of em at once altogehter and i just kept blowing em up lol.

Offline dbkblk

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »
After many skirmishs, i think you should decrease the hard AI income bonus a bit (not too much) because hard sound like expert now ! The difficulty boost is nice but there is a too big difference between normal and hard ! Normal is easy and hard is nearly impossible (at least, for me). Hard must be "hard but not impossible. Impossible is reserved to "expert" difficulty :p
So i'm probably a bad player, that's true, but now i have a question. Who is able to win against a hard AI here ? i'm sure that only a few can !

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 10:56:38 PM »
Yea...

I am also curious about who or how many can defeat hard AI.

I really want to see some replays with this.

Offline Loupblanc

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 11:36:05 PM »

Yea, when they reach that stage where they
 just spam Katyushas/Partisans, it's game over for the comp.

Can something be done to fix this?

I hate kamikaze Katyuchas, it makes no sense.
 About as much sense as charging the enemy's base
 with a thousand un-deployed mortar teams???
You know, there are many people in the country today who, through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane. Some of them became sane later in their lives. It is up to people like you and me who are out of our tiny little minds to try and help these people overcome their sanity

Offline VargasTheSick

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 11:43:53 PM »
Agreed, on a map like Vire, Scheldt, or Lyon it's easy, cause you can use choke points and MAKE him go a certain way. It's not possible to survive those opening rushes on a large scale map such as Duclair, Rails and Metal, or anything else with open fields.

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 09:29:19 AM »
I was playing on Berlin on that match I mentioned above. If it was Kursk I probably would have Lost.

Offline Fivestargeneral

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 09:33:09 AM »
Yea...

I am also curious about who or how many can defeat hard AI.

I really want to see some replays with this.

Hi PSIHOPAT, I did manage to win an expert PE AI 1v1 on Langres with me as US. It was extremely stressful but not impossible; there is really no room for mistakes. But for winning against expert Soviet AI, so far no luck yet, but I'll continue to try.

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 10:04:03 AM »
You can provide us replay ?

Make an archive and show us.

We  can have fun watching that glorious battle.

Offline dbkblk

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2010, 11:41:47 AM »
"Fivestargeneral" > Could you see some differences between hard and expert ?

Offline Fivestargeneral

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 02:01:16 AM »
You can provide us replay ?

Make an archive and show us.

We  can have fun watching that glorious battle.

Hi PSIHOPAT, how do you attach a replay here? I can't find any attachment button. Kindly guide me. Thanks.

Post Merge: February 08, 2010, 02:10:18 AM
"Fivestargeneral" > Could you see some differences between hard and expert ?

Hi dbkblk, actually I am also not sure, that's why I asked the devs earlier in this thread. For one noticeable difference, I have to say it is the amount of units the AI builds. I believe in expert, the MP resource regeneration rate is definitely faster than hard, and this causes the AI to produce more units (since they have more MP than you), and in a short period of time, manages to overwhelm your numbers, so the game becomes more challenging. Something like in the Napoleanic era where mass armies wins.

Unless you can stop their "population growth", it's gg very soon.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:10:18 AM by Fivestargeneral »