Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: KV2 is horrible  (Read 6620 times)

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
KV2 is horrible
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »
honestly, it is. I was facing aganist the AI who were spamming hetzers and pz4s and some infantry and it just got raped. the armor on this thing is abysmal and a pak can kill it in like 3 shots. the gun also shoots why too slow and does shit damage to vehicles, altho i guess its good aganist infantry.

Offline CerealKiller

• Strelky
    • View Profile
Re: KV2 is horrible
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:43:59 AM »
Yep but not only that, the whole urban combat doctrine is silly underpowered compared to the other two super doctrines.

Offline luz777

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:58:17 AM »
Then try to keep it just out of harms way, its no worse than a StuH and functions like a better one of those. Dont send it towards tanks, its not designed for that.

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:07:31 AM »
dude, but its armor is worse than a stuh and its slower. worse turnign turret, and for the arc it shoots in its range sucks. not to mention its a 4 point end tier unit, where the stuh isint. and it does the same damage as the stuh.

Offline SquirrellyWrath

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 03:11:34 AM »
It 3 shots a panzer command.  It better die fast.

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 03:13:42 AM »
It 3 shots a panzer command.  It better die fast.

Oh, so its an anti base unit. Well good luck getting it to an enemy base cause of all the things i just said.

Offline luz777

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 03:15:11 AM »
I managed to get mine to the enemy base, by that time in the game you should have plenty of mortars and IS-2's to take out any potential threats to it. It probably will suck if you leave it out undefended though.

Offline Ju-87

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 03:15:42 AM »
I had a Kv-2 that killed 4 enemy vehicles and 18 infantry. the armor is pretty good too.
The death of one man is a tragedy.  The death of millions is a statistic.  ~Joe Stalin, comment to Churchill at Potsdam, 1945

Offline BrandenburgKommando

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 03:15:52 AM »
It is great for knocking out German emplacements and defenses making gaps for your infantry to break though used in conjunction with your Expert snipers artillery it is a good doctrine.

Offline Razz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 10:25:37 AM »
Up the Armor just a little.

It's great against buildings, bunkers and infantry.

Offline Soul.j

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 12:30:51 PM »
you already have magical commander arty
sniper arty
truck arty

SUPER motar howiser, and your still worry about bunkers?
wtf~ you want to make bunkers paper?

Offline George Luz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »
3 shot's from a pak and it's dead? Well i last called in 2 kv-2's against 3 hard cpu's and they nailed like 1 entire base with only little infantry support. The armor is pretty good and the gun is like that one from a stugh. But still i think the Urban doctrine is the most Under Powered..

Offline BlackDahliaMurder

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »
honestly, it is. I was facing aganist the AI who were spamming hetzers and pz4s and some infantry and it just got raped. the armor on this thing is abysmal and a pak can kill it in like 3 shots. the gun also shoots why too slow and does shit damage to vehicles, altho i guess its good aganist infantry.

well, comparing the KV-2 to these tanks is not quite fair that's why i think it is ridicullous to put it even in the game lol.... hiostorically seen, in 1942 the KV-2 was already out of service when the Germans introduced Panzer IV and Hetzer. That's why the KV-2 has no chance against almost all german tanks that came after 1942. its armor was not able to resist german anti tank guns and the 152mm was more a large calibred mortar than a howitzer. for example, the ISU-152 had the same caliber but it was a very long howitzer gun while the KV-2's gun was more short so it had a much lower velocity. It could barely break the side armor of a Panzer 4 not more...

Offline SquirrellyWrath

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 04:49:53 PM »
At this point it is still a super unit.  Entire squads are knocked out by it in a single shot.  So what you actually have to support it. 

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »
KV2 is a very powerful anti infantry/Anti building unit...it's not AT really. Its quite resilient too but don't expect it to be an IS
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf