Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: conscripts  (Read 2500 times)

Offline stufu

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
conscripts
« on: January 23, 2010, 07:53:41 PM »
i think this is one of the lame units in game! and historically the game Company of heroes dated operation "Overlord"(44y), but what about standard sov. unit - motorised infantry lame also its weaker that  American rifleman and  i thin after upgrade storm engineers with ppsh 41 smg they must have attack minimum 3- or better 7 like folks (and tank desants also 3 not rocks 4 men squad) in the year 44 sovs had good veterans  in infantry , i think u can reduce numbers of all squads(from 7 2 5, 6 - max like american or british squads) due 2 balance game and make them more kicks ass in damage  and defence stats.
say nothing about engineers equipped with mosin rifles but has attack like american engineers with greeece guns and all others squads with rifles had 2 min attack against infatry (maybe u give sov engineers pps 43 smg or keep it with mosins but fix attack (from 1 to 2) and no way that unit such conscripts needed in the mod ,cause of year 44-45 like in original game
 thank u
p.s sorry for my english is bad !

P.S2 I must thank u for this most of my lovely kewl mod!!! thanks for u'rs hard work and good luck with it its very important  modification!

Offline pnoozi

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: conscripts
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 08:01:41 PM »
For a unit that takes up 0 population, Conscripts are fine.  Use Strelky if you want a more mainstream infantry unit.  They only cost 50 more and they kick ass with the Red Flag Strelky upgrade.

Offline stufu

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »
yes u right , but 44 year in original game ,and such units like conscripts with commissar  unit not good at all it can be permitted (41 -42yy) but not 44 y , i think (ther not conscripts they looks like penaltybat units =( ) men with half equipped squad in 44 y looks absurd .

Offline thebomb

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 10:30:10 PM »
The mod takes place throughout 41-45.

Offline Saavedra

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 11:15:52 PM »
Look, this is simple.

If you want to emulate early war Soviets, you use the Propaganda doctrine and conscripts.

If you want to emulate late war Soviets, you use the Armored Breakthrough doctrine and Tank Riders and Strelkys.

If you want to go Stalingrad on your enemy, you use the Urban Combat doctrine.