Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front Download and Installation Guide  (Read 280712 times)

Offline Foofighter

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front Download and Installation Guide
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2013, 11:02:55 AM »
I wanted to thank you Blackbishop for taking the time Saturday night to get me up and running again.  My life has taken on a whole new meaning and the new Ostheer mod is wicked.  Really appreciate your efforts in resolving my computer glitches etc.

Tanks very much!!

Offline Guenni123

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2013, 01:48:02 PM »
So after reading a thousands of posts  I'm not quite sure  about current status:
I do have an original, Steam-powered COH, which means I have the latest patch version, but still cant get the Ostheer and Sovietside to work.
Did I understand right we have to wait for a patch? I´m very sad we cant play it here. Also, it crashes my Multiplayergame after some minutes without having startet to play - I hope this exspected patch fixes this, too? Sorry if the answer is written somewhere in different posts, but I've been reading for weeks now...

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2013, 01:57:23 PM »
You should checkout this newspost which will most likely answer your questions :)

http://www.easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=11006.msg152034#new

Greetings
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:05:12 PM by dArCReAvEr »

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Guenni123

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2013, 02:00:47 PM »
ah okay new post - thx for help ;) now i´m up to date ;)

Offline comradenidza

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2014, 05:39:44 PM »
Hello !
I bought Company of Heroes on Steam, downloaded it, installed and then installed EF and doesn't work it says Media Problem somethink like this then i just deleted evrythink and start to download COH Steam Version now i need help.

Can someone help me (With teamviewr) to install EF correctly :P I really want to play it thats why i bought COH from Steam :)
I don't even know how to activate CD key :(

Thank you !

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2014, 06:37:45 PM »
If you are using the old version you have on Steam, you should use the EF 1.7 version and do this:

You can use ToV on Steam too, the regular version, to play EF(however I think campaigns appear locked). It is not necessary to install the retail version, unless you really want to do it.

Just that instead of using the launcher, you would need to go to the library and in the ToV properties, add the following command lines "-dev -mod Eastern_Front".
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline comradenidza

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2014, 06:53:40 PM »
How to patch my COH (bought from steam)
How to activate key
And can i then play EF ?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:14:22 PM by comradenidza »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2014, 07:43:07 PM »
You don't need to patch or activate anything if you are using Steam, it is already done. Then again, if you are playing with the old Steam version you cannot use the launcher or self made shortcuts because they won't work. Just add the parameters on the game itself(or let steam to create a shortcut and try to add the parameters then ???).

Remember if you are using the old version the authentication won't work because the servers do not exist.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline comradenidza

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »
I installed normal COH and it's 2.602 version. Is there any EF that can work on that version or can u help me how to get then EF if i have 2.602 btw I bought today COH on steam.. i am downloading now Steam Version :)

Offline edelweiss_yin

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2014, 10:33:47 PM »
I am steam user and I have ToV and OF on steam. Now is 22:30, 2nd. Jan. 2014 (mid-Europe time)

My question is, can you play original ToV and OF online now ? I can't log in to Relic but I can log in steam successfully and only play with computer.

And anyone can play EF now ? I can't play EF at all. when I click EF launcher, no respond.

I've also tried put -dev -mod Eastern_Front (correctly) into ToV launcher, no respond too.

I've re installed steam once, if it still doesn't work, I will re install windows.

Please let me know your status or PM me.

Many thanks!!!! :(

Offline JoelTheOwl

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2014, 09:40:14 PM »
Here's my problem. Ok so i went downloaded the file from Modb, than I installed it. After that the launcher launched than it said it couldn't find the COH file. I fixed that and than the update and play buttons dissappeared. Now everytime I launch it won't launch cause it says "Eastren Front Laucher has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please help me I've played this back in 2012  and I lost both COHEF and COH. And we just got COH back Christmas 2013 and I've been trying to find a way to download it so I can play. I even followed the Install Guide. PLEASE PLEEEEASE HELP ME!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »
If you don't see the update and play buttons, it means you downloaded a really old version. Make sure you are using the latest full installer available and not the oldest one.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Barry H

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2015, 07:01:49 PM »
hi guys. I'm a huge fan of this mod, but haven't been able to play for some time. Can you direct me to the most up to date installation guide? I have the COH Anthology disc. I tried a full uninstall of COH anthology and steam, in the hope that I could get EF to run. No luck. Can't even get the disc to install offline, as it says it cant find a file on the disc. I'm not fussed for online play and would be delighted just to be able to play off line. All the installation guides I'm reading are quite old, are they still valid? Please help me out. I love this Mod.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »
This installation guide works regardless it is old, because the process is the same. The only thing that changes is the path.

You just need to install the new version from CoH (or the old one you have with the necessary patches) and then install EF following these instructions. If you want to play EF with the latest retail patch (2.602) we can't help you other than offering the compatibility patch because we only support the Steam version.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Ebrahz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2015, 08:14:29 PM »
So me and my friend decided to try this mod out and it works perfectly or me, but he cant launch the installer. It just doesnt open even after waiting more than 15 minutes. Any ideas or fixes for this problem?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:46:59 PM by Ebrahz »