Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: quanitity vs quality. T34 op  (Read 15258 times)

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
Re: quanitity vs quality. T34 op
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 05:30:21 PM »
The data is from Corsix Mod studio of the EF, T34 is not op at all since it`s 76mm gun can`t hit anything, only with 300MUN "/85" upgrade you get a chance to build a usable tank. By then Shrecks reek havoc on the field and T-34 quickly go to flames if not supported by some other unit.
IS-2 data is as follows:

IS-2 hit points = 1500
IS-2 damage   = 150
IS-2 range      = 40

Everyone will say OP, but IS-2 does NOT deflect shoots , so every PaK/75mm shoot is a full  dmg (even Hotchkiss beats the crap out of him)
Compared to a Tiger - it can kill him and that should be fixed by IMPROVING THE TIGER, Tiger 88mm dmg 137.5? I`m mean c`moon, PaK`s 50mm is 115 for crying out loud.  ???

Could you give me a link? would really be helpfully.
But they said they wont change the existing factions. and thats ok so... :
Everyone will say OP
It is.

Really 1500? hell no.
Ok almost no bouncing of stuff, well, this doesnt work with coh. just take them and drive into the base of the enemy with mecanics, they will just shoot every bulding down. I did that already and it did work really well xD..
The problem is that nothing really cares these tanks because of that, everything cares it a bit, but that doesnt work with CoH.

Capt. Malashenko

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 05:45:52 PM »
No nead to change the existing factions just the modifiers for Soviet tanks. And for the last time IS-2 costs 150 FUUUEL, you can get 2 panzer 4`s or 3 Marders before seeing a IS-2, it`s not that easy to get them out.

Offline xenotype

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 06:42:15 PM »
Seriously.  Enough fuel for a panther and an ostwind to protect it from inf.  Thats quite a bit.

And the T34 is not op.  The 76 comes out fast but thats balanced with the poor gun accuracy.  The 85 costs THREE HUNDRED muni and still has relatively poor armor protection.  Very vulnerable to shrecks/tank destroyers.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 08:43:46 PM »
You'd only call the T34/76 if you're rather clueless, sorry. It is a gimped version of the sherman 76 with poor accuracy, no MG upgrade,same armour/hitpoints(almost),less sight and no vet. Stug/Pz4/Hetzer all beat it if you play them well...and that's without vet....
Shrecks chew it up as easily as a sherman
Only OP thing which is due to receive a fix is its cost in MP which will go up.

T34/85 is slightly OP and due to receive a small nerf as well in hit points and cost
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Capt. Malashenko

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 09:27:48 PM »

T34/85 is slightly OP and due to receive a small nerf as well in hit points and cost

You`r keeding me right???? is there a unit you wont nerf?
T34/85 is effective AND it is costly too - ...just don`t nerf the weapon damage,ok? 1vs1 is already becoming a pain against Axis, the last thing I need is a nerf to the only tank that can stop Stug&Panther spam...

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »
You'd only call the T34/76 if you're rather clueless, sorry. It is a gimped version of the sherman 76 with poor accuracy, no MG upgrade,same armour/hitpoints(almost),less sight and no vet. Stug/Pz4/Hetzer all beat it if you play them well...and that's without vet....
Shrecks chew it up as easily as a sherman

you are kinda right about that. just do it :)

Offline xenotype

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 12:31:44 AM »
So let me get this straight.  You are going to nerf the T34 and make the /76 completely useless and make the /85 not worth the munitions and trouble over IS/SU?  Why even have it in the game?

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 02:05:12 AM »
I like having the T34/85s and its generally my first upgrade in a team game... You can use a T34/85 and beat a Vet 3 stug 1v1 easy...(circle strafe FTW) and two of them can beat a Vet 2 Panther and 3 can take on a KT and win....(well so can 1 But I am saying three for the sake of support units)

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 10:00:30 AM »
So let me get this straight.  You are going to nerf the T34 and make the /76 completely useless and make the /85 not worth the munitions and trouble over IS/SU?  Why even have it in the game?

IMO SU100 is horrible for its cost. Shit tier armor and an average gun. needs to do IS2 level damage.

Offline JamesG

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 07:49:56 PM »
3 of any tank vs 1 of any other tank = Victory for 3 of any tank. 

OP 3 conscript squads just killed 1 Volks squad.  rage.

Is the marder classed as a tank? If so, 3 marders don't even touch  king tiger. Not even when its surrounded

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 08:04:36 PM »

T34/76 stats aren't changed...cost is and it's still cheaper overall compared to PZ4/Sherman

T34/85 is better than Sherman/Pz4 so anything but useless.
IS2-Was very OP so being nerfed in some ways. I personally always prefer 2 T34/85s to 1 IS2

Its all about options...more cheap tanks or better more expensive ones

SUs are not very resilient but do pack a very good punch and work great with T34s

Both SUs have received adjustments too
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline moonblood

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »
i think the to strong IS2 is one of the problems why T34 or SU arnt used that much

when i play with my teammate doube russians, i build T1-T2-Tankhall and save up for IS2 to keep spending all my full only for IS2 as soon as i have 150 again

my teammate builds T1-Tankhall-T90 to get rid of light vehicles and to help flanking hmgs and supporting against mp40 volks or pe blobs

Offline UltimateTobi

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
Any one remember this one ?   ;D
3 Hotchkiss vs IS 2
Haha, awesome. ;D

Offline Panzer4life

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »
in my Opinion, i rather have a tiger/KT with a Panther or two Panzer Four than four or five T-34/85, and here is why. When you upgrade the T-34/85, its gets the 3 little stripes indicating that it is the best it will be. But when I can upgrade the Tiger/KT and the supporting Panther/2 Panzer 4 to be even more accurate, have a faster rate of fire, and do more damage, I will take the Quality and use it to shove your quantity into a dumpster. And what about Tank hunter squads. That why I have the Panzer 4 for, they get armor skirts and a Mg gunner. This is a good idea to use against T-34 users.
No one can stop the German panzer divisions.

Capt. Malashenko

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »
in my Opinion, i rather have a tiger/KT with a Panther or two Panzer Four than four or five T-34/85, and here is why. When you upgrade the T-34/85, its gets the 3 little stripes indicating that it is the best it will be. But when I can upgrade the Tiger/KT and the supporting Panther/2 Panzer 4 to be even more accurate, have a faster rate of fire, and do more damage, I will take the Quality and use it to shove your quantity into a dumpster. And what about Tank hunter squads. That why I have the Panzer 4 for, they get armor skirts and a Mg gunner. This is a good idea to use against T-34 users.
my point exactly and yet T34 gets nerfed - wtf?
I almost always play Soviets, and more then once T34 fell to it`s knees even if numerically superior&upgraded. It only pays off if you take Brakethough/Mechanics and keep reviving all destroyed tanks - and even then...
Any one remember this one ?   ;D
3 Hotchkiss vs IS 2 [nofollow]
Haha, awesome. ;D
I know :)