Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Eastern Front Hotfix 1.04  (Read 49150 times)

Offline iverieli

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Front Hotfix 1.04
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 03:09:01 PM »
pantera costs 600, 110 and T-34 costs 300, 75! it is not normal, T-34 must cost maximum 50 fuel. SU-75 must maximum cost 75 fuel. Becouse the Soviet panzer's were very cheap and were easy in production.

Post Merge: January 31, 2010, 04:31:10 PM
Savatiy
что, тоже баланс не нравится? :)
з.ы. ты незнаешь чем и где можно подредактировать хар-ки и требования юнитов?

Thats exactly what I said when talking to one of the developers. They made it back to 300mp and 70 fuel which is legit.

* NKVD upgrade now costs 125. Upgrade now re-equips entire unit with new 'Conscript Mosin2' with Damage 7.

Its still 200 munitions and aren't you guys over nerving the russians they are pretty weak right now, good thing though that the tank hunters got some extra abilities and range.
Great mod btw;)

I agree.

Also, Guards upgraded to Shock Guards doesn't seem to make any damage/defensive difference.

After 1.04 it seems a bit better however. Keep up the good work guys.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:38:46 PM by iverieli »

Offline augustbaine

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
I have noticed that after patching to 1.04, the map Zhytomyr is missing. I understand it was "gone" since 1.02 due to the bug, but I had thought that it was back on 1.04. I can see the file in my directory, so it's just the map not showing up in the list. I'm not certain as I have yet to check individually, but some other maps may not be showing up in the list as well.

Also, I have to echo some of what has been said here. One of which is that the tank raiders can no longer capture points. Is this done on purpose or still a bug? If it's on purpose, then the description needs to be changed.

On a smaller and very minor detail (I noticed some small details), the strelky infrantry has some issue with the upgrade. When I upgrade to ppsh, the other option disappears and the upgrade starts, which is fine. But if I were to upgrade to LMG, the ppsh upgrade option remains, and only disappears after the upgrade is complete. Not game-breaking or anything. Just thought I'd point it out.

All in all, good work on the changes/balances. I do hope a hotfix to fix the map issues will be released, though. I'm eager to try out the fixed up Zhytomyr map  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:10:00 PM by augustbaine »

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »
Is the '4p_Zhytomyr.sga' in the 'Eastern Front\Archives' folder? Although, I can't see the module being different, you may need to update the your Eastern_Front.module file under '[data:common:01]' with

Code: [Select]
archive.13 = Eastern_Front\Archives\4p_Zhytomyr

Offline Starwolf1991

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »
I have not encountered that Strelky upgrade error you mentioned, so.....don't know what's going on there. Both SMG and LMG upgrades work just fine. And I cannot hide that the SMG upgrade just rocks. Seriously, PPSH just rocks. Here in Eastern Front, it can really turn the tide of battle against Werchmat/Panzer Elite troops, especially when employed by several squads.

Anyone help with this shortcut thing?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:01:35 PM by Starwolf1991 »

Offline augustbaine

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 05:19:48 PM »
Is the '4p_Zhytomyr.sga' in the 'Eastern Front\Archives' folder? Although, I can't see the module being different, you may need to update the your Eastern_Front.module file under '[data:common:01]' with

Code: [Select] [nofollow]
archive.13 = Eastern_Front\Archives\4p_Zhytomyr

Forgive my noobness, but what do you mean? I've never modded before, and I'm not sure what you want me to do. About the map not showing part, I think someone else has mentioned it as well for 1.04.

Post Merge: February 01, 2010, 09:23:33 AM
I have not encountered that Strelky upgrade error you mentioned, so.....don't know what's going on there. Both SMG and LMG upgrades work just fine. And I cannot hide that the SMG upgrade just rocks. Seriously, PPSH just rocks. Here in Eastern Front, it can really turn the tide of battle against Werchmat/Panzer Elite troops, especially when employed by several squads.

Anyone help with this shortcut thing?

Well, it's not an "error" so to speak. It's a very minor thing. Here's how to recreate it. Build strelky, select, then click on "upgrade to LMG". You'll notice that the button to upgrade to ppsh still remains, and is clickable and will go into the "queue". But when the LMG upgrade is done, the ppsh button disappears. As I said, not game breaking or anything, nor buggy. Just a minor detail, perhaps to be done when polishing up the mod  :)

And yeah, ppsh ROCKS! it was only thanks to a couple squads of ppsh strelkys that I could fend off a couple of panzer elites and prevent them from blowing up my very expensive tank  ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:25:54 PM by augustbaine »

Offline JBigsby

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »
It looks like the problem with Zytomyr could be its directory, the sga if you open it, doesnt go data/scenarios/mp its onlt got data

Post Merge: February 01, 2010, 07:03:33 PM
i was indeed able to get zytomyr working by simply extracting files to my documents/my games/ company of heroes/ww2/data/scenarios/MP and opening with map maker and re-exporting to sga, this solved the problem it had of not showing up
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:03:33 PM by JBigsby »

Offline szaman

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 08:16:55 PM »
Two weeks since release. Since that time 4 patches / fixes have been released...

From the very beginning this mod was very promising... Now it starts to be one of the best mods to a game even released... And it will be the greatest one!

Though there's still some work to be done...

Again great job guys  ;D

Today, in the evening (in Poland) a lot of Axis forces will fall under the Red Tide! 8)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:18:58 PM by szaman »
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of your enemy.

Offline Tarkka-ampuja

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 08:41:52 PM »
Two weeks since release. Since that time 4 patches / fixes have been released...

From the very beginning this mod was very promising... Now it starts to be one of the best mods to a game even released... And it will be the greatest one!

Though there's still some work to be done...

Again great job guys  ;D

Today, in the evening (in Poland) a lot of Axis forces will fall under the Red Tide! 8)

I think most people don't even think of it as a mod anymore, they think of it as an expansion : ).

Offline Einherjar

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 09:22:12 PM »
I'll also thank the very dedicated team of the Eastern front.
I see alot of released pc games that wait for months for a patch, 4 patches since release is no joke.
Your project is a success. i'm advertising it to everyone with CoH and everyone love it !  :)

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »
WTF! How many times do we have to say this, we can't get them to recrew, only relic can fix it! So stop going on about it as if we had any control over it!
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
It is very bad for game.
When the statistics soviet will be displayed?

You should know the answer to this. It is not up to us, it is up to Relic.

Offline szaman

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 12:50:37 AM »
Then we can only hope that they will do that soon - releasing an official Patch... But from the other side it would be massively sized... I guess that they will have to include the entire EF mod in this patch in order to bring up the stats for USSR...

Or you guys think that it will be different (like two patches - with and without mod)?
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of your enemy.

Offline JBigsby

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2010, 02:58:49 AM »
i think its great, try getting support like this anywhere else.

Offline augustbaine

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 03:45:45 AM »
It looks like the problem with Zytomyr could be its directory, the sga if you open it, doesnt go data/scenarios/mp its onlt got data

Post Merge: February 01, 2010, 07:03:33 PM
i was indeed able to get zytomyr working by simply extracting files to my documents/my games/ company of heroes/ww2/data/scenarios/MP and opening with map maker and re-exporting to sga, this solved the problem it had of not showing up

With permission, is it possible for you to share that "fixed" map file? I'm an absolute noob with these things. I'm just itching to play the fixed map (I'm a sucker for chokepoint maps hehe), and would appreciate it very much if you can help those of us (?) with that problem.

Offline JBigsby

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 04:25:01 AM »
i should be more clear as to who my post was to, i was trying to help out by saying what id found not post a fix, more directed to the devs.
 it would be best for you to wait for them to take care of it.