Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: English Errors  (Read 6026 times)

Offline Rikard Blixt

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
  • 'The Fixer'
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front
English Errors
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:20:33 PM »
Report typos here.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:14:30 PM by Rizz »
Valar Morghulis
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: BULLSHIT
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I'll eat a tree if this won't work now
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: ok
[CoH:EF-Dev]Rizz: I'll hold you to it
<10 minutes later>
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: I think I really gotta eat a tree...
[CoH:EF-Dev]Walki: got a decent one?

Offline Griptonix

• Guard
  • Vorwarts nach Osten!
    • View Profile
Re: English Typos
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »
i really don't know where else to put this but here goes. The Germans say something like "We have just destroyed the enemies T-34 Calliope" when I destroy the katyusha or studebaker truck. Not a big deall, its just nearly identical to what is said when I destroy the Sherman calliope.
"This Goddam forum smells like Volksgrenadiers!"
1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS A. H.

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:56:13 PM »
The devs didnt make any new talking, so the old ones are still there.
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

nbeerbower

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 06:27:29 AM »
I believe in the description for the Penal troops the word "equipped" is spelled with two Qs.

Fixed - Dragon93
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:19:03 AM by Dragon93 »

Offline Dot.Shadow

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:40:04 AM »
I've noticed that you're a bit inconsistent with your usage of punctuations in your descriptions. It's fine both with or without, but try to stick to just one of them.

Offline Griptonix

• Guard
  • Vorwarts nach Osten!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 08:10:22 PM »
When i call in the Jagdtiger, in its description it says its, "the heaviest fighting vehicle on the battkefield" battlefield has a K where the L outta be.

Fixed - Dragon93
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:20:29 AM by Dragon93 »
"This Goddam forum smells like Volksgrenadiers!"
1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS A. H.

Offline papamaci

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: English Errors
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 02:10:01 PM »
Hello, I will list to join the Soviet Army, and how? Because I can not go to the soviet.

Offline Tankbuster

• Allied Commander
  • Major
  • I have no anti armor capability!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 03:09:19 PM »
you need to update CoH to 2.602
(un)official forum troll

In Soviet Russia, Forum troll You!

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »
Hello, I will list to join the Soviet Army, and how? Because I can not go to the soviet.
And what this has to do with translation errors? I think this question has been asked and answered in the past, you would have used the search function to find any alternative.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline putoconcarne

• Ingenery
  • Commissar of Rice Cakes and Meat Products
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 03:42:04 AM »
Oh man, I love these kinds of threads. I always like nitpicking the grammar of in-game text descriptions in mods and make overly long and unnecessary suggestions and corrections to them. :P

Anyway, the description for the Field Support upgrade (and, except for a few words, the Heavy Support upgrade) say, ". . . Also, adds an additional Bren gun or Grenadier Rifle to upgraded Tommy squads and upgrades Sapper Boys rifles to PIATs."

- Change "Also, [it] adds . . ." to "[It] Also adds . . ." for better parallelism with "[It] Allows the . . ." in the first sentence. Ignore the text inside the brackets, that's only to indicate where the subject of the sentence should be. ;)
- "Grenadier Rifle" sounds rather weird. I think it should be replaced with "Rifle Grenade" since that's the actual name of the Tommy upgrade (in singular form), but I'm not sure if that's correct either, realistically speaking.
- Change "Boys rifles" to "Boys AT rifles" for similar reasons with the "Grenadier Rifle" above.
- Change "Tommy squads" and "Sapper" to the actual name of the RMC units, maybe? Since "Tommy squads" is more of a historical/community nickname, changing it to "Royal Marine Sections". Likewise, "Sapper" should be changed to "Marine Engineer".
We serve Soviet rice cakes for glorious Mother Philippines!

Offline Miles Dixon

• Donor
  • Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 03:10:15 PM »
Just a few suggestions:

The Propoganda Doctrine for Soviets: "Not one step back!" Seems to be a bit fragment, I think it should be "No one step back!"

Perhaps the Field Support Upgrade for the term: Also, adds an additional Bren gun or Grenadier Rifle to upgraded Tommy squads and upgrades Sapper Boys rifles to PIATs.

Can be "It will add an additional weapon, depending on the upgrade you have for the Royal Marine Section and enable PIAT and Advanced Repairs upgrade for the Marine Engineers". The Tommy Squads can be changed to the name to either Various Commando squads as I only know the term "Tommy" when I play as the Germans.

And some capitalization error, in the Soviet army too. (Usually on the word 'soviet')

Hope it helps!

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 05:48:05 PM »
Just a few suggestions:

The Propoganda Doctrine for Soviets: "Not one step back!" Seems to be a bit fragment, I think it should be "No one step back!"

It's a reference to the famous line in Order No. 227 'Ни шагу назад!', translated into English 'Not one step back!' or 'Not a step back!'. There's nothing wrong with it.

Offline Grand Duke

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 09:49:05 PM »
Hello, just throwing in my two pennies.
1. The Soviet Ford GPA's Maxim MG upgrade for some reason has the description of the PE's Pzgrens' G43 Suppressive fire ability.
2. The grenade that Guards throw looks like a RGD-33 (or RG-42, not sure), and is described as "F-1 fragmentation grenade". Also, it's icon shows a Mk 2 Pineapple grenade (or an F-1, as these looked similar)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 07:35:29 PM by Grand Duke »