Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: soviet doctrines 2  (Read 6198 times)

Offline vengefulnoob

• Commissar
    • View Profile
soviet doctrines 2
« on: September 05, 2008, 07:43:44 PM »
yes... i know i have been saying for a while now that i will bring a new suggestion update...

BEHOLD the new update!!!

1stly

the three doctrines are:

Defensive (conscripts)
Armoured (regulars)
Offensive (you guessed it, Guards)

Defensive:
two branches: manpower and artillery

manpower:

1.Bayonet charge: all infantry gain a new ability to charge the enemy effectively: would be effective against infantry in the open or those in trenches, but troops lose any cover bonuses and so are vulnerable to mg fire

2.siberian reinforcements: the commander gains a +600 manpower boost for -200 munitions

3.defensive constructions: conscripts gain the ability to build more complicated defences, such as trenches and at traps

artillery:

concrete buster ammo: all tanks can fire special anti building and anti infantry shells (really designed for the 152mm howitzer ability

Guards motorised mortar division: the player may call in a bm48 4 times

152 mm howitzer: unlocks the 152mm howitzer for conscripts to build

Armoured:

technology and reinforcements

tech:

aircraft engines: improves t34 movement speed by replacing engine with an aircraft engine

85 mm gun: all t34s already built get the 85mm gun for no extra cost and it becomes an option for those in production

IS2: calls in a one use IS2

Reinforcements:

SU-I: gives any SU spgs the ability to fire indirectly and thus gain range

stalingrad veterans: 4 t34s appear with regulars mounted on the back. twice only.

ISU 152: an ISU appears on the field. one at a time

Offensive:
Guards training and logistics

guards training:
guards barracks: gives engineers the ability to build the guards barracks and deploy elite guards units

Guards tank repair facility: gives engineers the ability to build the guards' tank creation building and deploy devastating new tanks

guards detatchment: calls in 2 t34s fully upgraded with guards infantry mounted. no limit

Logistics:

Factory relocation: 1/2 deployment time. passive

supply column: brings in four unarmed trucks carrying various supplies (weapons, muni, fuel and manp) after delivering their resources, the player may command the trucks and upgrade them. Once only

GAz radio jeep: a gaz radio jeep piled with equipment enters the battlefield, and is able to call in various IL2 strikes (rocket, cannon, bombs, devastation [all three!!]) at places on the map for munitions. one at a time.

well thats about it: tell me if the team is already doing the same! thanks

Za Chest Gvardii!

Offline major_roadworks

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: soviet doctrines 2
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:04:40 PM »
no nod of the head to me, you bast**d, :( you disgust me... ;D

Offline vengefulnoob

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 01:26:36 AM »
sorry,

MAJOR ANOUNCEMENT: MAJOR ROADWORKS HELPED ME WITH THE DOCTRINES ESPECIALLY WHERE BALANCE WAS CONCERNED

happy now?

lol
Za Chest Gvardii!

Apex

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 02:41:39 AM »
While the general idea of this list is good, the single abilites are improvable. Some ideas are pretty cool, like bayonett charge, which we also thought about at some point, but ultimately displaying proper close combat in CoH is not possible.

Abilties that trade resources might be usefull, but lack in the fun factor. And some of your trees are full with offmap reinforcements, which tend to cause balance problems as well as a very predictable metagame, which we try to avoid.

We have a very finished doctrine list. Its individual doctrines are Propaganda, Urban Combat and Armored Assault, which we will display when its done.

Offline vengefulnoob

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »
thanks for the comliments: i do my best...

just wondering: in your doctrine list is there any room for the gaz radio jeep or some kind of il2 support?

the Il2 played a critical role on the eastern front, and to not include it would do injustice to so important an aircraft. If it is included, rockets would be good  :D and true to history; the russians used rockets on their aircraft to a huge extent

will any of these ideas be used for the mod? just that id be happy to know that ive helped
Za Chest Gvardii!

Offline kevinkahn

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 08:00:35 PM »
what about this command doctrines:

Russian

Infantry Force

Comrades
Inspiring Speech- Units move 1.5x as fast and attack rate increased slightly. 30 sec duration.
For the Motherland!- All infantry unpinnable and insuppressible. All units currently pinned or suppressed are cured. 60 sec duration.
patriotic charge-all infantry casualitys are automatically, this ability lasts for 60 seconds

Reinforcements
New Recruits- 2 units of conscripts arrive.
Political Leader- Commissar arrives. 1 max.
shock army force support: receives a unit of well trained shock squad for assault purposes and molotov abilities

Armored Force

Supplies
Fuel arrives- Gain 50 fuel.
Better shells- AP and HE of vehicles increased. 30 sec duration.
Assault Preparations- Vehicle speed doubled attack rate rate increased. 60 sec duration

Armour
Tankorovski- Regulars and Guards can now mount tanks.
Heavy Tank Destroyer- An SU-152 arrives.
Heavy Tank- An IS-2 arrives.

Support Force

Artillery
ZSU-37 off map support-consentrated katsuya off-map fire
ZiS-30 monitoring:off-map katsuyas start to monitor enemy movement in your territory,30 sec duration
lord of War- All artillery causes units in a remote area around the artillery to retreat

Support-
ZiS-3 AT gun available
katsuya available
ZiS-30 available

Offline vengefulnoob

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »
Please don't practice necromancy: this thread is dead and all doctrine lists have already been made
Za Chest Gvardii!

Offline TheAllMihtyOne

• Commissar
  • красный армия
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 09:06:29 PM »
Behold! the dark masters are rising the dead! we are doomed, DOOOOOOMED!!
The GrimReaper is walking the Earth collecting Suols

Offline vengefulnoob

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 11:23:47 PM »
And lo, so it came to pass that the almighty William descended from the sky and saying "cease your folly, necromancers and leave mine thread extinct!" closed the thread once and foreall to stop the underling noobs from raising the dead evermore.
Za Chest Gvardii!

Offline Radonesku

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 09:25:51 AM »
Propose making a "people's war" or smth like that (or simply "defensive") doctrine calling partisans and super racing cars like this:

No jokes. Improvised vehicles and partisan rock because:
 1) They have never been in any other WW2-themed games (in contrast to boring T-34 and IS-2)
 2) They allow to invent new original tactics (stealthy guys that collect captured weapon, tanks that can be built right in the forest or summoned for free, hijackers and so on)
 3) Many new features can be added (for e.g. making tanks totaly from scraps of enemy ones)

Just think for at least for a moment. Sounds crazy first, I know. But if good-made and good-planned such 'crazy' new ideas will eventually make the mod shine brighter than 300 others.

Offline vengefulnoob

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
And lo, so it came to pass that the almighty William descended from the sky and saying "cease your folly, necromancers and leave mine thread extinct!" closed the thread once and foreall to stop the underling noobs from raising the dead evermore.

Give me strength!!!!

THE MOD HAS FINISHED ALL DOCTRINES!!!!!!!!

Look at the mod db page for the final lists: partisans are there!
Za Chest Gvardii!

Offline vengefulnoob

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »

Za Chest Gvardii!