Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Problem starting EF, cannot find reliccoh.exe  (Read 2564 times)

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
Problem starting EF, cannot find reliccoh.exe
« on: February 14, 2010, 08:52:40 AM »
My friend bought coh gold off of d2d, and installed it. he patched up using thr relic patcher, then installed ef teh way you should.

but it wont start. he just gets cannot find reliccoh.exe. we tried commandline direct launch and i even gave him my exe, no luck.

why does this happen/ works fine for me and we are both using win7 64 bit, runnign as admin.

oh crap i just realized i put this in the wrong forum,can it be moved to tech support?

i read the sticky and it says this is caused by putting ef in the wrong spot, but i am 99% sure he put it in the same directory.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:01:41 AM by guynumber7 »

Offline twinnuke

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Problem starting EF, cannot find reliccoh.exe
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 05:43:14 PM »
I'm 100% sure it's in the correct directory. It's not steam or Retail Boxed its Direct 2 Drive. I think the gold edition may be conflicting with EF. I installed it to Y:\Company of Heroes\Company of Heroes. I also just tried Y:\Company of Heroes and that didn't give me any response at all when I tried booting after patches.

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 01:09:55 AM »
It won't be the Gold Edition. Believe it or not, all CoH games are actually identical, your CD Key is the only thing which dictates what the game actually lets you play.

Search RelicCoH.exe into the desktop search, and install EF into whatever directory that it is found in.

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 01:31:09 AM »
He did. It still gives him the same cannot find the exe error.