Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Tiger tanks being built out of Factorys  (Read 36874 times)

Offline Genzero

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Tiger tanks being built out of Factorys
« on: February 16, 2010, 04:38:17 AM »
What about if the Ostheer could build Tiger tanks out of a factory, Because the Russians can build IS2 out of their factory. :P

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger tanks being built out of Factorys
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 04:50:50 AM »
Place a build limit on them, and make them less effective, but it would be cool to control two tigers at once.
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline BDNeon

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 05:39:01 AM »
I like the idea, but they should be decidedly weaker compared to the call in Tiger for Blitzkrieg, and maybe since these are early mass production tigers they could be easier to knock the engine out.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 07:28:14 AM »
naw if you want to make them weaker then the Blitz Tiger then don't unit cap it... I say make them as strong as a Blitz Tiger but unit cap them at 2 or 3...

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 08:05:10 AM »
Tigers out of factory are great, as long as theyll be the only non doctrinal heavy armor. 700MP/150fuel is the right price for a tiger.
No Panthers for Ostheer.

Offline 250.Inf. Div.

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 01:37:01 PM »
you can make buldable tigers using corsix mod studio is very easy.

Offline ScreamingStukas

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 02:03:04 PM »
Why? I personally don't think it's required...and no Panther tanks for Ostheer? Sorry, can't agree with that. I say keep Tigers a doctrinal weapon. Perhaps in one doctrine there is an ability that allows Tigers to be built out of a factory (w/ limits of course). I'm doing just fine however with Panthers being the best tank being built out of factories however. If you gather up enough resources, you can have as much as 3 Panthers in the field and w/ them in a group along with some support they can be devastating.

Offline delmar77

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »

I remember of a time (2006 - patch 1.0) when you could play whith  2 Tigers. It was a glorious time, so why not bring it again the possibility?
Maybe limited by two Tigers.

My opinion but open for sugestions.
Não se apresse em perdoar. A misericórdia também corrompe.
(Nelson Rodrigues)

Offline GamblerSK

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 03:28:14 PM »
that idea of buildable Tiger and no Panther is good i think but from some doctrine you can call in armor group - 3 panthers for 1500 manspower... :) that should be i think its better to build tiger then panther which should be called in...

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »
that idea of buildable Tiger and no Panther is good i think but from some doctrine you can call in armor group - 3 panthers for 1500 manspower... :) that should be i think its better to build tiger then panther which should be called in...

I agree with this, buildable tigers with Panther Doctrine call in? It could work

Offline berni

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 07:56:07 PM »
with or without tiger there has to be a tank that goes with the role of the panther

what if once you have the building for doing tanks you can call in a tiger, but it will cost man power and exp points. doing this you can have a tiger, but you need more time to have doctrine things, you cant spam. the cost has to be something that makes the tiger a shock unit, maybe this cant be done, but its a idea:P

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 08:32:12 PM »
Why? I personally don't think it's required...and no Panther tanks for Ostheer? Sorry, can't agree with that. I say keep Tigers a doctrinal weapon.
If every of 3 german armies had panthers that would suck. Whats the point of having different armies but same units?
Tiger I is a rarely used wermacht unit so it would be great to have it. One on the map limit.
Ostheer tigers would be weaker than veted wermacht tigers.

If allies would start to spam IS-2 or Fireflies 1 tiger wont stop them. Ostheer would then have to use a JagdpanzerIV - the heaviest non doctrine tank destroyer compareble to SU-100.

Even if the Tiger I would cost 800MP/200fuel it would be nice to have a "finish them off" unit.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
If its gonna be that much I would want it to be as powerful as a Wehr tiger that is extremely expensive, the Wehr tiger is only 900 and with a PE ally you can get as many as you want (with in reason obviously)

Offline Toorstain

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 09:11:39 PM »
I would rather see it as a Non-doctrinal call-inn. Like panther battlegroup.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »
I would rather see it as a Non-doctrinal call-inn. Like panther battlegroup.
Thats Ok, but then you would have to make an expensive upgrade. That Tiger cant apear too early in the game.