Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Tiger tanks being built out of Factorys  (Read 36657 times)

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger tanks being built out of Factorys
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 02:39:11 AM »
you got it.
The best solotions in my eyes as well.
for the reasons of balance and originality !

Offline Genzero

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 05:14:14 AM »
the Tiger tank was very often used Number of pieces: 1355
As Freakstar5 stated there were 1355 Tigers built in the war and most of those were in the eastern front this is why i asked if allowing tigers to be built or called off map but more then "1 tank". Because I don't want 3 factions to have panthers, that's like having the Russians having the Sherman. I want different units for all 3 factions, and sins in the War the Tiger 1 wasn't really a super tank the germans super tank was the Maus( 2 only made it into battle) , King Tiger , JagdTiger, Elefant Tank, Sterm Tiger, and the landkreuzer p. 1000 ratte ( which was never completed, because of perduction was stopped in 1943).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus [nofollow]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte [nofollow]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_I [nofollow]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 05:24:39 AM by Genzero »

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 09:40:58 AM »
No maus that has been stated I wish people would stop bringing it up! and no only 3 where made and one made it to prototype testing phases and even the germans realized it was a waste of resources after the testing began... so no Maus and nothing of the other ridiculous Super Tanks that never made it off the drawing board

Offline BDNeon

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 12:22:56 PM »
For the love of god, NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

NO.

For christs sake, this isn't Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons. No Mauses, no Rattes, no diesel powered combat mechs, just NO.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »
okay the tiger, for gods sake.
the idea of putting it right in the Tank factory next to the panther.
Ostheer dosnt need a Panther. Wehrmacht can build them while PE can spam them.
Giving a Panther to Ostheer is like giving a lend-lease Sherman to Soviets.
The problem of this idea is that its too easy to get a tiger tank like this, because the tiger is still stronger than a IS2. Also no any german faction can build tigers, especially not right away.
Then make it more expensive than IS-2 with a 1 on the field limit. 750MP 180fuel.
The idea of making it being a doctrinal call in. In gernal, a Tiger Ace. This sounds probably like the best solution. BUT, this way the Wehr tiger would loose its coolness, because the Ace should be more compareable like a king tiger. In gernal, a upgraded tiger with special abilities.
This would probably kill the feeling of the wehr tiger.
Vet III tiger will never loose its feeling.
Ostheer also needs an Elephant doctrinal unit.
The 3rd solution was the idea of bringing it into your tank factory via a dotrinal late game upgrade. Tiger Number limited to 2 at the same time.
Thats not a solution. If 65% want it out of factories, they want to have it in every doctrine and can pay even 800MP/200Fuel for it. Only 17% wants it as a doctrinal unit (Tiger ace).

Heres my solution:
1. Buildable Tiger. 1 on the field limit. 750MP 180fuel.
2. Doctrinal Tiger ace or Elephant (or both in different doctrines)
3. No Panthers and PzIVs.
4. PzIII, StugIII and JagdpanzerIV as medium armor support.

Its all in my doctrine:
http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=2681.0
I think its balanced. Without Panthers and PzIVs Ostheer will be unique and different than Wehrmacht/PE tactics will be needed to play it.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2010, 04:45:05 AM »
The 3rd solution was the idea of bringing it into your tank factory via a dotrinal late game upgrade. Tiger Number limited to 2 at the same time.
Thats not a solution. If 65% want it out of factories, they want to have it in every doctrine and can pay even 800MP/200Fuel for it. Only 17% wants it as a doctrinal unit (Tiger ace).

Actually my idea would satisfy everyone, people who want it to be built can get it to build... BUT at the same time it is  doctrine specific so it satisfies the Doctrinal unit people...

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2010, 09:02:59 AM »
Actually my idea would satisfy everyone, people who want it to be built can get it to build... BUT at the same time it is  doctrine specific so it satisfies the Doctrinal unit people...
People dont want to get it build. People want it in every doctrine. Russians have their command squad in early game, Ostheer would have their Tiger I tank in the late game.(If they can afford it)
Less than 20% wants it as a doctrinal unit, some think about the tiger like they do about the PE panther battlegroup - but then it would be too easy to get.

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2010, 10:55:53 AM »
I voted off map because making it build-able would break the other tigers being off map.

[insert signature here]

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 11:49:10 PM »
Maybe they should take awhile to create, that would make it closer to being historically accurate and more fair for other players.
You guys are complaining about other factions not being able to build Tigers , well the entire point of the Ostheer was to make it UNIQUE
Molly: " It's our rock garden"
Dwight: "What are you farming, Bullcrap?"

You Are a Rebel Spy and a traitor to the Empire!
~Darth Vader

Any typos found may be given to Seeme.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2010, 11:58:28 PM »
Amen brother Amen!

Offline ThGermanElite

• Guard
  • We shall bring Russia to its knees Fur Deutschland
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 02:01:00 AM »
Maybe they should take awhile to create, that would make it closer to being historically accurate and more fair for other players.
You guys are complaining about other factions not being able to build Tigers , well the entire point of the Ostheer was to make it UNIQUE

Couldnt agree more, Im sick of these people claiming that the off map Tigers make it unique, but the truth is: Make the tigers biuldable, something new, something......unique!
"Know God, No Fear. No God, Know Fear"
-Favorite Faction: Panzer Elite
-Favorite Unit (all-time): Tiger/Grenadiers
-Favorite Strategy: Quality over Quantity
-Favorite Doctrine: Scorched Earth
-Favorite Soviet Unit: UpGunned T-34

Offline Toorstain

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 04:29:48 PM »
I think it has to be off-map.

Though I think it maybe should be possible to get it through a factory, but it must come from off the map, and be limited. This is because some of the "magic" of the heavy tanks is that they must be called in and also because of the point of soviet being the only one who can get several heavy tanks.

And if you wonder, I don't like soviet having IS-2s coming out of factories, either.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2010, 06:06:23 PM »
Hmm,  not a bad concept, but what would the difference be other then call in time from a doctrinal call on?

Offline SauerKRAUT

• Guard
  • Id explain WWII to you but your head would explode
    • View Profile
    • 1st Spearhead Division
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 06:25:14 PM »
Maybe like all docs can call them like the PE after some perquisites?

Relic, the all powerful god of history and physics which can be bent to their every whim!!
Relic name: SauerKRAUTSHD

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 12:02:51 AM »
I smell spam?