Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Tiger tanks being built out of Factorys  (Read 36676 times)

Offline Genzero

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger tanks being built out of Factorys
« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »
WOW thx for all the posts guys ;D. Anyways. Iv been looking at the posts. That if the Ostheer were to build Tigers, that the Blitz doc. would be usless. That's not true theirs still all the other stuff you can use like the STUH, (Artillery Tank) StormStrooprs. (Elite Infantry) Yes the tiger was really the only reason going the doc. but you can still use all the other abilities they give you and that you can just keep getting it for 900MP with 3 vet. Though i do like the idea of bring back the Tiger ace it was best tank in the game.

Now if the Ostheer can build tigers they would be No vet they would have to earn it in fights or not get any at all. Now cost would be around 650-900 MP 150-250 foal 14 Pop that's what it is for a blitz tiger so make it what it is for these tigers, No munitions. It's tank really you don't pay munitions for a tank in this game. The limit would vary.

if you are to build it would be 3-6 Because your paying all the amount of resources.

Call in 2 at once limit 3-4 just calling it in from an upgrade that be around 1500-1800MP.

doc. 1 at a time limit of 3-4 900MP each time.

Now lets say you facing ostheer player and he has built 6 tigers he invested pretty much hes hole Military salary for those. Now what were you doing in that time? cuz as soon as hes tanks are gone he is pretty much screwed unless hes got alot of resources.

Thx Guys :D

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2010, 10:57:02 PM »
Yeah, I would like to see Tiger Ace on blitz and normal tiger on Ostheer. Let's hope that dev's think this as an option

I agree. Sounds nice.

Sounds really good so far. I agree as well.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2010, 11:50:26 PM »
Yeah, I would like to see Tiger Ace on blitz and normal tiger on Ostheer. Let's hope that dev's think this as an option
I agree. Sounds nice.
Sounds really good so far. I agree as well.
Blitz wechrmacht has the best MGs, PAKs, Assault infantry, non doctrinal mobile artillery, armored cars.
Its only fair to give them the best COH tank that ever was.  ::)
Why should Germans spend any fuel on their Vet 3 Tigers. They need to be even more OP in late game...

Give TigerAce to the British.  :D

Offline TheReaper

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2010, 01:19:55 AM »
Devs are already changing existing factions by using a list provided by GR experts to go off. AT grenades will home to the target and kangs will cost 40 fuel is what I've heard so far.

Is there a word, that replacing the Light AT Halftrank with the Hotchkiss tank? Its really more usefull that that. I dont need the stuka upgrade, but it would be great to have some early panzer support for the greanadiers, I like the fast mobile force. Even it would be remain a reward unit, but not replace the P4 but the AT HT. That would be awesome.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2010, 02:00:03 AM »
Devs are already changing existing factions by using a list provided by GR experts to go off. AT grenades will home to the target and kangs will cost 40 fuel is what I've heard so far.
Is there a word, that replacing the Light AT Halftrank with the Hotchkiss tank? Its really more usefull that that. I dont need the stuka upgrade, but it would be great to have some early panzer support for the greanadiers, I like the fast mobile force. Even it would be remain a reward unit, but not replace the P4 but the AT HT. That would be awesome.
Hotchkiss has Stuarts armor so it cant be earlier than a Stuart. You cant get panzers in early game.

But anyway will EF change from an add-on to a mod? Hope not.
AT nades cost less ammo than stickies for a reason. US also has no buildable shrecks so stickies should be better than nades.
Kangaroos can be more Fuel expensive but MP cost should stay the same. Kangaroos are the elite armor of Tommies. Shreck vet 3 grens that are winning a firefight with Riflenade Tommies is just wrong.
Hope that LTs will be MP cheaper but UKs trucks will be more expensive.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:26:08 AM by Paciat »

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2010, 03:57:26 AM »
Hotchkiss has Stuarts armor so it cant be earlier than a Stuart. You cant get panzers in early game.

But anyway will EF change from an add-on to a mod? Hope not.

Rebalancing the vCoH faction was considered, I suppose, days after the "CoHO surprise"; because the balance stuff ideas are from GR experts, those who relic used to talk about opinions to improve the game's balance and they were never listened. So, it's the same add-on with "bugless/balanced" vCoH factions. In this case looks like 1+1=2 than 1-1=0 ;D...
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2010, 06:37:14 AM »

Would come at 95 fuel, not that early, and has shit main gun.
But anyway will EF change from an add-on to a mod? Hope not. More like a community bugfix patch, but I agree with you if it goes too far.
AT nades cost less ammo than stickies for a reason. US also has no buildable shrecks so stickies should be better than nades. AT nades cost less munis but have a massive cooldown. They also miss stationary targets sometimes. They need the buff. Also, a PE player won't have shreks if he went T1.
Kangaroos can be more Fuel expensive but MP cost should stay the same. Kind of agree, its the contents that should make the kang expensive in MP, not the vehicle itself.Kangaroos are the elite armor of Tommies. Shreck vet 3 grens that are winning a firefight with Riflenade Tommies is just wrong. For some stupid reason nades are mitigated by elite armour. Riflenade sections are pretty crap versus grens anyway, they're much better against volks and mgs.
Hope that LTs will be MP cheaper but UKs trucks will be more expensive. Don't really care either way, vet stacking needs to go more than anything.
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2010, 01:35:03 PM »
Would come at 95 fuel, not that early, and has shit main gun.
I meant the upgunned Hothkiss.
Its not as good at sniping infantry as the 50mm Puma but has the same armor penetration stats and does +20% dmg more.
So its a Puma with better armor (BRENproof).
Even US needs 135 Fuel to get an M-8 that needs upgrades as soon as build. Hothkiss - the best light armor in game (when upgunned) could replace AT halftrack but it also needs a Tier 4 upgrade.
Tier 4 upgrade would unlock 2 units then.
Hotchkiss would come at 155 fuel, not that early.

PzIII should be a slower better armored more accurate vs infantry version of a upgunned Hotchkiss.
AT nades cost less ammo than stickies for a reason. US also has no buildable shrecks so stickies should be better than nades. AT nades cost less munis but have a massive cooldown. They also miss stationary targets sometimes. They need the buff. Also, a PE player won't have shreks if he went T1.
T1 T3 is my favorite start. MP44 have no modifiers (nefs) vs soldier armor while commando stens have 0.5 dmg 0.75acc and lower dmg & acc. This means 3 MP44 squads can rape everything UK has in mid game, including an early Stuart (nades). Than a 1st and 2nd Marder is build to finish off the trucks.
Nades cooldown is lowered if you have healing base (defensive operations) upgrade.
Hope that LTs will be MP cheaper but UKs trucks will be more expensive. Don't really care either way, vet stacking needs to go more than anything.
I agree on this one. 3 Lts shouldnt be much better than 1 Lt. How fast can the Lee-Endfield be fired?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 01:38:13 PM by Paciat »

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2010, 06:56:25 PM »
Reminds me of ridiculous stories of US civil war vets who could fire every 20 seconds with their muskets. Such crap...

No player controlled unit should EVER be hit by an AT nade so long as it's engine is still functional.

M8 should be hitting at 125 fuel, not 135.

For once, you actually said something I didn't know. MP44 damage isn't mitigated by soldier or elite armour at all. Amazing... Although I did know that MP44s were awesome against Brits of course. I like T3 for both armoured cars and MP44s but I'm not a fan of the marder, I prefer shreks in halftracks more.

I never get AT nades for use against vehicles but rather for emplacement busting. They 2 hit the crew of a 17 pounder and a 3rd kills it outright.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 04, 2010, 02:39:42 AM »
Reminds me of ridiculous stories of US civil war vets who could fire every 20 seconds with their muskets. Such crap...

No player controlled unit should EVER be hit by an AT nade so long as it's engine is still functional.
Its hard to keep all youre vechicles allways on the move at top speed. Theres rough terain all over the map and COH tank pathing is preety bad.
M8 should be hitting at 125 fuel, not 135.
Thats still much more than 95 and that was the point.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 04, 2010, 03:44:39 AM »
If anyone gets their vehicle hit by an AT nade I would call that one a mistake on the behalf of the allied player and good luck (not good work) by the PE, unless he used in combo with AT half.

I see your point on the M8 tech cost. But the Americans do have greater map control. They can also tech reactively with stickies for their general units to counter the hotchkiss, as it's main gun IS shit especially when there aren't any/many vehicles around at this stage. PE can't cheaply tech to any reliable AT if an M8 comes a knockin' and the game will probably be won right there. It can't be pushed back to the same teching cost as puma because wehrmacht has units that can fill the void beforehand. PE only has pretty much unupgraded PGs. I think that 95 fuel is honestly fine. Remember that US has rangers and airborne readily available, stickies are only 25 fuel and a required upgrade anyway, and an AT gun is only 95 fuel away as well.

Fun fact: The hotchkiss is identical to the stuart without any upgrades.

Offline vonhaggon

• Donor
  • Strelky
  • Victory with the germans is much sweeter !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »
 I dont think making any changes to the existing COH factions is a good idea. The devs know what they doing and so do the BTs. Matching up the balance to suit the existing factions is the way to go. It is easyer and will get things done faster without changing too much of the original game play. Relic did a lot of screwing up when they started nerfing and changing old to match new. Does anyone remember all the damned patches? Creating new to mach the old is the way to go. Do any devs or BTs agree?
" When will those stupid russians learn to run FROM the machine gun! hahahahaha,, oh crap!! How the hell did they get a tank so fast!!! "

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2010, 03:05:39 AM »
US vet, sherman crocodile, Brits, PE, ninja pak, and many more issues that should be fixed by relic in the past patches, but that wasn't made and won't happen. If your car has a flat tyre, you shall change it, not match up the car with it. 'nuff said...
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Genzero

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2010, 09:01:16 PM »
i find the sherman is way over powered it can beat a Panzer4 in a 1v1 it omost beats a panther and the panther is even better then a Tiger. Panthers can fire half the range of a 88 and does more damige same with IS2 the IS2 is the same as a T34 (85) when it was better then the tiger idk but thats what iv never understood ya its balance but some things are just a little out of hand

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2010, 09:25:25 PM »
i find the sherman is way over powered it can beat a Panzer4 in a 1v1

Thats truely a shame, but that is balance.

Panthers can fire half the range of a 88 and does more damige
True, the pather 75mm couldnt shoot over as long distances as the tiger could. But not half the rage, but i guess balance is good like that. The T. has other ablilities which make it being the most usefull tank in the game.

but thats what iv never understood ya its balance but some things are just a little out of hand

ture. :)

But we gonna get some fixes from the EF team, i just hope they will make 'em good, and wont change too much. But i guess they gonna make that.

Regards,

-V-