Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: RedStinger's Ostheer Concept  (Read 2603 times)

Offline Red_Stinger

• Commissar
    • View Profile
RedStinger's Ostheer Concept
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:19:43 PM »
Hi all!!
Since we can propose concept for Ostheer, I want to show you my own conception of Ostheer. It's not the best, and I expect that it's not the worst!! Also, if you don't understand any word/sentence, excuse me, English isn't my native language ( I am French ^^' ).

If you want only the concept, don't read my useless introduction  ;D.

In vanilla COH, Werhmacht represent the german army in 1944-1945 period. It's composed of many veterans of eastern front, and use late-war vehicle. This army is strong in late game with veterancy upgrade and late unit.
Panzer-Elite represent elite (!) of german army: division that are equiped with latest armament. This army is very aggressive, mobile and though, due to their infantry and numerous vehicle.

I think Ostheer is a very different army: it represent the germans Heer before and during the invasion of USSR. Most part of germans served in the Ostheer, which is composed of best germans units, in order to annihilate definitely the Soviets.
I want to represent the Ostheer as a well-organized army, able to move and surround slowest unit. The fact is that the Red Army had better equipment (at the beginning), and was NOT undertrained (at contrary of common belief), but had a very very very bad organization.

Contrary to an other common belief, soviets weren't more numerous than germans until late 1943. German Army have outnumbered Red Army during 1941-1943 period ( but soviet were reinforcing their units very fastly due to reserve ).
I want germans able to concentrate their troops in order to crush isolated soviet unit. If they can't, the soviet "juggernauth" will eat them!

HQ
This is the place where battle plan are realized, and where we call enginners to prepare our victory!

* Pionners (4 man squad): Able to construct any Ostheer building and basic defense, their aren't designed for fight.
COST: 200MP
ABILITIES: -Can construct basic defense
               -Can use demolition charge
               -Can construct MG42 nest
Ostheer barracks
This building can call basic german infantry. These men are ready to kill every sovietman they will see!

*Landsers ( 6 man squad ): The backbone of our infantry, capable to fight any soviet unit if they are properly lead.
COST: 270-290MP
ABILITIES:-Can throw grenades
              -Can capture very fast
              -Can use Panzerfaust
UPGRADES: -MG-34,and G41 to provide firepower at long range(90MU)
                -MP-40 for closest range

*Command-Squad (4-5 man squad): An officer and his squad, ready to command! Essential to any infantry force. Be aware of sniper.
COST: 300-400MP
ABILITIES:-Give heavy bonus of precision, resistance and speed to any infantry unit near the squad
              -Give to Landser-squad abilitie to sprint
              -Can throw smoke grenades
              -Very though!
              -One command-squad for 2-3 Landser-squad
UPGRADES:- Radio, to call mortar strike on the designated area for 100MU (upgrades cost is 75MU)

*Half-Track SdKfz 251/1 Ausf.C: A transport which can carry a squad into the battlefield, and provide support over soviet infantry. Be careful, don't use it within infantry!
COST: 200-240MP, 10 FUEL
ABILITIES:-Can carry a max of 8 man, or 2 squad

Ostheer Support Building
You need support to fight an ennemy like soviet army!

*MG-34/MG-42 team (3 man squad ): An heavy weapon which can hold a linefront over soviet waves! Be aware of sniper.
COST: 250MP

*Mortar team (3 man squad): A weapon that can provide a kind of indirect support to your assault/defensive operations.
Be aware of sniper.
COST: 260-290MP
ABILITIES:-Can bomb an area with smoke rounds, to help your infantry to survive!

*PaK 38 L/60 (3 man squad): An anti-tank gun help your troops to destroy soviet crap tanks!
COST: 230-250MP
ABILITIES:-Tread-breaker ( they cannot cloak ) ( 25MU )

*Stug III Ausf.D: Assault-gun specifically designed to support your infantry. Best used to counter entranched infantry and MG's. Be aware of tank-hunters!
COST: 320MP, 30 FUEL
UPGRADE:-Can have a man using an MG on the roof, to hold back infantry (75MU)

GLOBAL UPGRADES: -You can upgrades all Stug III Ausf.D to Stug III Ausf.G, which is better armed and protected. It can now engage ennemy tanks.

Panzer Area
This buildings, using the finest german technology, makes our tanks: Panzers. This word is synonym of fear in the heart of our ennemies!!

*Panzer II Ausf.C: One of our first tanks. It can replace armored car, with better gun and armor. Very mobile.
COST: 200-250MP, 15-20 FUEL
ABILITIE:-Can use armor-piercing rounds for a short time (50MU). Efficient at side and rear armor of tanks.

*Panzer III Ausf.F :A medium tank, which can engage light tanks and infantry. Very mobile too.
COST: 300-350MP, 25-35 FUEL

*Panzer IV Ausf.C: An other medium tank, designed to kill infantry. Good even at light armored targets, but not very tough, in contrary to the Stug.
COST: 350-380MP, 40-50 FUEL
UPGRADE:-Can have a man using an MG on the turret, to hold back infantry (75MU).
             -Can be upgrade to a command tank. It mean that it's the officer's tanks, and all tanks near it gain bonus (like the infantry command squad). Also gain a Artillerie strike.

*Jagdpanzer IV Ausf.F: A tank-hunters, very efficient against medium tanks like T-34
COST: 370-400 MP, 60 FUEL

GLOBAL UPGRADES:
-You can upgrade all Panzer III Ausf.F to Panzer III Ausf.M, which is equipped with a bigger gun, a better armor and side skirts ( makes it invunerable to anti-tanks rifle ). It can now engage T-34/76 and even T-34/85, with luck.
COST: 100MU, 50 FUEL

-You can upgrade all Panzer IV Ausf.C to Panzer IV Ausf.H. It's now equipped with better gun, armor and side skirts too. Can now engage and destroy T-34/85! COST:250MU 100 FUEL

DOCTRINES

War of Movement

Modern Warfare need modern strategies to improve our effectiveness. The linefront is fluctuating due to assault an counter-attack. This doctrine help you to have the high hand in this kind of war.

LEFT SIDE:

Mechanised Offensive: Allows you to build "Panzergrenadiers" and Half-Tracks SdKfz 250/1 in the Panzer Area. 2pts

Operationnal Organisation: Half-Tracks 250/1 give bonus to panzergrenadiers (like officer, who cant influence pzgre.), and can capture points. 3pts

Thunder Assault: Allows your infantry to use the "assault" and "sprint" abilities. 2pts

RIGHT SIDE:

Blitz: Allows your tanks and vehicle to use the "maximum speed" abilitie. 1pts

Armored Support : Call a force of 3 Panzer III and 1 Panzer IV to attack an ennemie position, for 1000MP. 3pts

Mobile Artillerie: Call a "Wespe", a motorised howitzer. Limit of 3. 2pts

Superior Firepower

We need to concentrate our force in order to annihilate the ennemie unit. The Heer HQ allows you to call Luftwaffe, and also to use the latest panzers and weapons.

LEFT SIDE:

Integrated Support : Enable an off-map strike artillerie. Also, your officer (when equiped with radio) can call an other artillerie strike. 2pts

Luftwaffe Infantry: You can paradrop a Fallschirmjager squad. Also your pionners are able to construct Flak gun. 2pts

Close Air Support: You can call a Stuka. It will bomb and strafe the designated area. 3pts

RIGHT SIDE:

Germans Weapons:Landser squad can upgrade to MP44 and Panzerschrek. 1pts

Armor Piercing Rounds : Your panzers use now superior AT round, which improve their effectiveness against other tanks ( Panzer II isn't affected ). 2pts

Heavy Panzers: You can now make Panthers in the Panzer Area, and you're able to use the terrifying Tiger!

Desesperate Fight

Soviets have proved they aren't "untermenschen". They have resisted to the iron storm. Now, the only thing we can do is to prevent the Red Army to devastate the Fatherland.

LEFT SIDE:

Volkssturm: Desesperate situation need deseperate measure! You can call a Volksgrenadiers squad (cheap infantry, can use panzerfaust). 1pts

Defend the Homeland!: Your infantry will fight harder when they are in friendlie territorie. 3pts

Heavy Defense: Your pionners can build MG bunker and trench. 2pts

RIGHT SIDE

SS Infantry: You can call a squad of SS. They are very though, and purely equiped with MP44. Can break suppression. 2pts

Heavy Artillerie Support: Can call an off-map rockets strike. Very fast and devastating.  3pts

Tiger II: Call a mobile fortress, which can hold a entire flank! 2pts

Dcotrine Unit/:

Panzergrenadiers ( 4 man squad ): Elite infantry trained to fight with tanks and vehicles.
COST: 300MP
ABILITIES: -Can throw grenades

Wespe: Mobile Howitzer, can provide artillerie strike in the area which stop your advance.
COST: 400-450MP

Fallschirmjager ( 5 man squad): Elite infantry, they are equiped with FG42.
COST: 370-380MP
ABILITIES:-can cloak when in cover
              -can throw grenades
              -can call a Stuka strafing run ( no bomb!!)

Volkssturm (6 man squad): Basic infantry, equiped with rifle. Get heavy defense bonus in cover.
COST: 220-240MP
ABILITIE: -can use a panzerfaust

SS Infantry ( 5 man squad) : Fanatised infantry, well equiped!
COST: 370-400MP
ABILITIES:-can suppress any infantry squad
              -can break suppression
              -can throw grenades
              -can use panzerfaust

My conception look a bit overpowered, and I don't use a lot of good idea of unit (like elefant, sturmtiger, etc). But I see the Ostheer like this. Also, perhaps it look like to the actual Werh or PE.

If you have the courage to read this, thank you!

What does it sounds?
"Du sublime au ridicule, il n'y a qu'un pas"
-Napoléon Bonaparte

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
Re: RedStinger's Ostheer Concept
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:04:06 PM »
Sounds boring...
A copy-past soviet gameplay with an "essential" commander - sounds boring for me because we
know this form the Russians.

The infantry; in your concept I would get just this landser units.
The rest is linked with doctrines…that is not good, because
your landser looks like a pe grenadier copy and because
of this I don’t know why I should use the doctrine infantry.

The tanks; well…don’t like the tank choice…Panzer IV Ausf C…
This unit wasn’t produced often and after France they were replaced
by Ausf. E or F1 so for me they don’t represent the eastern front.
May the force be with you.

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 07:34:17 PM »
i agree with rommel too much copypasta

altho i do like the PZ2's AP rounds ability.

Offline Red_Stinger

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:46:06 PM »
Sounds boring...
A copy-past soviet gameplay with an "essential" commander - sounds boring for me because we
know this form the Russians.

The infantry; in your concept I would get just this landser units.
The rest is linked with doctrines…that is not good, because
your landser looks like a pe grenadier copy and because
of this I don’t know why I should use the doctrine infantry.

The tanks; well…don’t like the tank choice…Panzer IV Ausf C…
This unit wasn’t produced often and after France they were replaced
by Ausf. E or F1 so for me they don’t represent the eastern front.

Yeah, I was anxious that its a bit boring... but in the other hand I dont want Ostheer like british.
As far as possible, its only a concept!!  :D

For tanks: we can change panzer III Ausf.F with a Panzer III F2?
Landser are very different than pe grenadiers: they have weak combat value, but efficient abilities. They need officer to have decent performance .
The officer unit is different than soviet officer, because you can build more than one, and act like a british officer. I've never noticed that soviet officer give bonus to near infantry. Have I missed this function?  ;D
"Du sublime au ridicule, il n'y a qu'un pas"
-Napoléon Bonaparte