Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: ME 262  (Read 7180 times)

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: ME 262
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 06:39:59 PM »
if its shot down on its dive... it becomes  a bomb!

Offline SauerKRAUT

• Guard
  • Id explain WWII to you but your head would explode
    • View Profile
    • 1st Spearhead Division
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »
By the end of the war the Stuka was a flying death trap, VERY slow. It is defiantly MUCH better at representing the EF than ME-262 but you would not get away with using the P-47 model so easily with the gull wings and elongated canopy. There are also 2 different configurations the Stuka could fill, that of a bomber and infantry strafer like the IL-2, or a tank killer more akin to the Lutfwaffle's Henschel and I don't know how much the devs want to avoid mirroring other things.

Relic, the all powerful god of history and physics which can be bent to their every whim!!
Relic name: SauerKRAUTSHD

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »
Stuka was a vertical dive bomber, meaning you wouldn't see it on screen really unless you did the variant with the 37mm AT guns...even then it would dive vertically to hit the top of tanks
For the type of bombing runs seen in COH you'd ideally need the FW_190A-8 which replaced effectively the Ju-87(although they were still used because the soviets didn't really challenge the Luftwaffe until after the battle of Kursk).
Ju-87s only ever operated effectively under total air superiority...that's something only really seen at in 41-42.

I'm by far in favor of an Me 262 as it will look cooler and is in line with the 'Nazi miracle weapons' like KT etc. Also contrasts with all the other aircraft used by other factions for a more unique feeling. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:51:28 PM by Zerstörer »
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »
StuKa as "MG run"..
well; the Ju 87 were build as a fyling point artillery
against "hard" targets and not as infantryhunter.
The "mainchange" between the early StuKas and the
"latewar" StuKas is that the Ju 87 changed from
"artillery plane" to a "battleplane" - or other: form the
70° attacking downfall with bombs to an version
with "area effect" and/or "automatic weapons".
May the force be with you.

Offline SauerKRAUT

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • 1st Spearhead Division
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 07:02:50 PM »
Yes Destroyer, uniqueness is what I am really looking for in the end but even a dive bombing mechanic that was harder too/impossible too shoot down and the Jericho sirens would be awesome. Fun fact though, there was one squadron on the EF that was equipped completely with ME-262s. The best part? They were Imperial Russia Loyalists and flew under the white red and blue standard of it against the Red army!

Relic, the all powerful god of history and physics which can be bent to their every whim!!

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 07:08:30 PM »
An Russian air formation with ME 262???
That is absolutely NEW for me ::)
Sounds like one of those typical lies by one of this
"serious internet pages"  ;D
May the force be with you.

Offline SauerKRAUT

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • 1st Spearhead Division
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 07:40:19 PM »
Noper history channel, had unit pictures and everything XD. it was one about early jets I think, ille find the source for you when I get off from work.

Offline GamblerSK

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 08:11:15 PM »
as was said it was slow, the enemy pilot could flight from down to top and fire on stukas underbody or from the side without of being hurt
it was "downloaded" from Battle of the Britain because Huricanes and Spitfires was killing it easily, on the eastern front was used as Ju 87 D but until 1942 when Russians use better planes...
but i agree Ju 87 better repsresents German army because of the good help to infantry on the first years of the war it was great composition with blitzkrieg tactics...

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 03:12:23 AM »
If people like the idea of both planes they could be both used as different doctrine abilities either in the same or different doctrines.

maybe have the ME262 being a second or third doctrine choice that acts like sector artiller but for the whole map for 30 or 60 seconds that shoots down any American fighters, any British gliders landing or Soviet planes too. I think though ME262 should have a slightly long recharge time as they were rare but hey whatever balance is key in RTS games. Also it would have to be fast and sound like a real jet screaming across the battlefield.

Also I'm keen to see a stuka get into this game as well maybe being a last doctrine choice dropping in a single large bomb on a position or a squadron dropping in three or so bombs along a lane like with the American bombing run (maybe it would help animation to reuse that). Plus the sirens would have to sound cool.

Personally I'd really Like to see both in with the Ostheer though if I had to choose It would be the jet fighter.

[insert signature here]

Offline ThGermanElite

• Guard
  • We shall bring Russia to its knees Fur Deutschland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 02:03:57 AM »
What would the difference be? Itll just fly through the map faster.........
"Know God, No Fear. No God, Know Fear"
-Favorite Faction: Panzer Elite
-Favorite Unit (all-time): Tiger/Grenadiers
-Favorite Strategy: Quality over Quantity
-Favorite Doctrine: Scorched Earth
-Favorite Soviet Unit: UpGunned T-34

Offline SauerKRAUT

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • 1st Spearhead Division
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 03:15:58 PM »
That's not the point we are talking more about it shooting down planes and no point either way? The germans only have one plane at this point in COH and it does something the ME262 was never even considered for.