Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: A.I. changes to original C.O.H.  (Read 5817 times)

Offline aztec11us

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
A.I. changes to original C.O.H.
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:15:16 PM »
 Hello all

I just started on C.O.H. Tales of Valor, and also wanted russia into the fray.
 Your mod is great, you did great work ... EXCEPT for the following:

Upon installing it, i read on your mod that it doesnt alter the original C.O.H.

Well..YOU LIED !!!

it alters the A.I. of the original C.O.H. civs as well !

i m trying to learn with usa vs pe, on an easy map ... but the dificulty level for what i selected as ,,easy'' seems to he the ,,hard'' of C.O.H. without EF.

UNDO the modifications on the original A.I. !!!
  Not just because you LIED in the description of E.F. not altering the experience of the original C.O.H.,
  but ALSO because it is ILLEGAL to alter a licensed software without the express-written permission of its autors !

if you did obtain legal written permission from Relic and THQ to alter their software....please post a link 

what you basicly did to original C.O.H., is no different that the hackers hacking into a software!

KEEP YOUR PROMISES!
 STOP altering the original A.I. !
 its both makes you look like liers and its ILLEGAL !

so, for next patch, prolly 1.05, either:
 1) totally remove the influence on the original A.I.
 2) add a check mark to EACH map: allow/ disallow A.I. changes for standard civs !

problem solved!
 all happy ! those who like the modifications and those that dont

not only that ....but it also avoids legal issues regarding altering licensed software without express written agreement from owners !

Offline PoldekPL

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: A.I. changes to original C.O.H.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »
I agree... they made AI too much OP, but that part about chenging AI being illegal...

So, you're saying that any change in licensed software without written permission is illegal? So ALL CoH MODS ARE ILLEGAL, EVEN SKIN MODS AND SKIN PACKS 'cause they change skins, which are integral part of game. Think, please...

Offline Iglooman

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:41:03 PM »
Just stop playing skirmish or comp stomp. Play against people and hope that those guys won't drop.  :)
I get bored of all those skirmishes games....  :-\

Offline aztec11us

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 12:51:18 PM »
Iglooman....thats not even a proper answer !

what if i m at my grandma...with no internet ?!
and why should i have options TAKEN away from me ?!?

maybe i dont like the fuss of dealing with some no face stranger who prolly doesnt give a $^%@ about me, and most likely will ruin the game by leaving the moment he loses 1 unit...

they made the A.I. of comp way to good....and if on easy and normal is that good, i shudder to think of Hard...

this is NOT  MMORPG !
playing online should be an OPTION.... NOT a mandatory thing

a word to makers of this mod ... NOT all of us were born experts in C.O.H. !
 (i wont even mentioning that i see even people who know it well, point to the fact A.I. on all levels, is now alot stronger)

another weird fact .... after a loss, i watched the replay, trying to learn an do like the A.I.

the weird thing is i controlled over 70% of map (that small Agro map for 2 people at the top of the list), yet somehow, the A.I. was pulling out units at 2 x the rate i was !!!

i was like...WTF ?! where does he get his resources from ?!

i did tried to do like the A.I., thus learning and improving myself....

well...imagine the frustration when trying to fight like the A.I., only to realise, that despite 70% map control, i LACKED the resources to actually produce as many units as the A.I. could !!!

i think the makers of E.F. mod also gave the A.I. a huge boost to resource trickle rate !!!

only logical way to explain how an easy A.I. with E.F., despite just having 3- 4 areas of an entire map, somehow, has 2 - 3 x the man and machine power i have  :o

THATS why i m prompting the makers of the E.F. mod to ADD a friggin' check marker ( ALLOW/ DISALLOW ) E.F. altering of A.I. on standard cis (usa, uk and germans)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:53:51 PM by aztec11us »

Offline luz777

• Donor
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »
Haha, this has to be one of the amusing posts recently.

Its a MOD, y'know those things you find all over the place for most games because they're legal.

The AI is much better, and more like playing a real human, its certainly a step up from before. If you can't handle it just play on easy and slowly work your way up as you get better.

I'm no expert either and got my ass handed to me the first time I started a game on hard thinking it wouldn't have changed that much, I'm sure a fair few people did.

Didn't make a post like you did though...nooope...

Offline Muesliriegel

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »
First why do you complain no one says you u have to play this Mod with his stronger AI, and if u still want to play EF dont threaten the Devs with stuff that doesnt even make sence, respect their work!!!!!

Offline WartyX

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Dave got trolled! Trololol!
    • View Profile
    • Eastern Front @ Twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »
Locking thread. Even if modding without written permission was illegal, it wouldn't matter because Eastern Front does in fact have permission from Relic Entertainment to modify and redistribute their work. They even endorse our work on their website, so don't play this crap on us.

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 06:27:19 PM »
Number 1
We noted several times that the mod boasts an improved AI for ALL factions which 99% of the people find great as the vanila one sucks.

Number 2
We CHOOSE our target audience and the majority of that is the online gamers. The AI boost is actually for single player comp stompers who want a challenging match.

Number 3
You're not really a consumer since you've not paid to aquire this product and therefore all the crap you may try and pull and complain about a product you bought, doesn't apply here.

Number 4
You've not paid for it and if you don't like it by all means uninstall it. We do not add 600 features to accommodate every single ones individual tastes.

Conclusion
If you don't like it, tough shit!
If you can't handle playing it, tough shit!
If you don't think you're our target audience because of the way we've made it...you're damn right..aww and...tough shit!
If you think by posting bullshit like the whole 'illegal shit ' ,cause you're clueless , that we'll change things for you...well its not gonna happen! Very tough shit!

Btw, if this hasn't addressed your concerns...you guessed it! TOUGH SHIT!

And have a nice day  :)
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline sweeten2213

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
Actually, I'm glad glad when people bitch about how "good" the AI is.

It means I did my job, and the more i hear it, the more I smile :)