Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Unit suggestion thread:  (Read 395084 times)

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
Re: Unit suggestion thread:
« Reply #855 on: May 25, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »
It would probably be a model change of the IS2 for those who think the IS3 is unrealistic, IS2 Ace would have exactly the same stats. Although, thought I heard somewhere that you can only have 1 reward vehicle per unit, may have been tripping. Unless the IS3 is a 10% chance vehicle... same stats as the IS2 Ace, but you have a 10% of getting it instead of the IS2.
Sorry, I don't like the idea :(
As for stats, IMO it should be better than vet 3 panther (it's a one-time call-in, after all).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:02:10 PM by IJoe »

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 25, 2011, 10:59:51 PM »
You mean that there could be a random factor that is deciding about whether the player gets an IS-2-Ace or an IS-3 ingame? With both vehicles having the same stats?

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Venoxxis

• Commissar
  • Keep cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 25, 2011, 11:11:24 PM »
1) Ace's gotta be doctrinal 1 time call-ins
2) they gotta be on "top" of a doctrine call-in list

IS-2 ace would need a spot on its very own. Making it a KV-2 replacement with a HE-shot ability to fit underground combat sounds quite interesting for example. Hell i would like that.

Regards,
-V-
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:13:03 PM by Venoxxis »

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 25, 2011, 11:16:35 PM »
Remember that there is already a reward unit for the KV-2..

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Fede91CCNN

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 26, 2011, 01:16:02 PM »
Hi, I wanna suggest some units for Foreign Support Units, like Italian Camicie Nere (Black Coats) with 3 Carcano, 1 Breda M1930 and 1 MAB 1938, 47/32 AT gun and M14/41 medium tank, Romanian Mountain troops with 4 Kar98k and 1 MP41, Hungarian Honved and Turan II medium tank, Panzer 38t for Germans and all their allies in early game and StuGIII Ausf.B for Germans only.
I sort of took this idea from somebody else, but here was it anyway.
All foreign infantry when you get them have equal stats, but you can upgrade them they become different.
Finns - AT rifles - Become very good against light armor
Hungarians - I heard they had a very powerful rocket launcher, they could use that - Good against heavy armor
Italians - MAB-38 SMG's - Good against infantry at close range
Romanians - Larger squads since Romania sent many men into Russia - Again, infantry advantage

Of course what you say is correct but I was suggesting buildable foreign support units like what I suggested and more units for Ostheer in every doctrines... Because when Germany attacked USSR in 1941 there were a lot of StuG III B/D/E and some Pz38t in service into the Wehrmacht.

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 29, 2011, 10:37:32 AM »
3.7cm flak 43 needs to be in game somehow, maybe mounted on the back of an sWS

Offline GATHRAWN

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 30, 2011, 07:07:23 AM »
the one thing that i haven't see yet for the Ostheer is a anti air tank all of the axis have at least one, even if it is a doctorine call-in
the one that i think would best serve is the Flakpanzer IV Kugelblitz.
they were used in the final days of the war and only aginst the russins, a great addition even as a future reward unit if you ask me

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 30, 2011, 07:46:02 AM »
the one thing that i haven't see yet for the Ostheer is a anti air tank all of the axis have at least one, even if it is a doctorine call-in
the one that i think would best serve is the Flakpanzer IV Kugelblitz.
they were used in the final days of the war and only aginst the russins, a great addition even as a future reward unit if you ask me
They won't have an AA tank but will have the halftrack with the optional upgrade to AA.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 30, 2011, 08:38:34 AM »
Hi, I wanna suggest some units for Foreign Support Units, like Italian Camicie Nere (Black Coats) with 3 Carcano, 1 Breda M1930 and 1 MAB 1938, 47/32 AT gun and M14/41 medium tank, Romanian Mountain troops with 4 Kar98k and 1 MP41, Hungarian Honved and Turan II medium tank, Panzer 38t for Germans and all their allies in early game and StuGIII Ausf.B for Germans only.
All foreign infantry when you get them have equal stats, but you can upgrade them they become different.
Hungarians - I heard they had a very powerful rocket launcher, they could use that - Good against heavy armor
Romanians - Larger squads since Romania sent many men into Russia - Again, infantry advantage

Of course what you say is correct but I was suggesting buildable foreign support units like what I suggested and more units for Ostheer in every doctrines... Because when Germany attacked USSR in 1941 there were a lot of StuG III B/D/E and some Pz38t in service into the Wehrmacht.

random info: stug accounted for most tank kills of any german armor in WWII 8)
Soviet is OP

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 30, 2011, 11:18:41 PM »

random info: stug accounted for most tank kills of any german armor in WWII 8)
Really? I would've thought Panzer 4 had that record.
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline RedGuard

• Mr. Spam
  • Welcome to Axis Front mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 31, 2011, 08:05:39 AM »
look it up :)
Soviet is OP

Offline HerrVoss

• Donor
  • Commissar
  • I modify everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 02, 2011, 11:31:47 PM »
It makes sense becuase of the low profile of assualt gun type tanks. Also, many were made. ^-^
Ostheer is a new German faction for this mod.
It will be done when it is done.
Keep mapping and modeling.
Tell a friend about EF.

Offline DrRockzo1986

• Donor
  • Guard
  • You're pretty good
    • View Profile
Late war Units
« Reply #867 on: June 14, 2011, 03:08:33 AM »
    If not already, mentioned there should be (considering there is a Berlin map) late war units like Volkssturm, Nachtjagers, or the Luftschutz.
An Ocelot never lets his prey escape

image hosting jpeg

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Late war Units
« Reply #868 on: June 14, 2011, 03:17:57 AM »
Oh for god's sake... ::)

"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: Late war Units
« Reply #869 on: June 14, 2011, 03:19:09 AM »
I don't think that because we have a berlin map we need to add that.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...