Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Unit suggestion thread:  (Read 395657 times)

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
Re: Unit suggestion thread:
« Reply #1035 on: August 05, 2011, 06:57:27 PM »
That looks like a mobile pak38 for tier 2 IMO... i think there are better stuff to choice for the Luchs if we would add a reward unit for it (IMO it doesn't need a reward unit).

The Pak-Wagen was armed with the 75mm PAK 40 ;) So it was much stronger then the Pak 38.

I would like too see this version of the SdKfz. 251 ingame but it is difficult to find the right unit for replacing.
May the force be with you.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 05, 2011, 07:00:35 PM »
That looks like a mobile pak38 for tier 2 IMO... i think there are better stuff to choice for the Luchs if we would add a reward unit for it (IMO it doesn't need a reward unit).

The Pak-Wagen was armed with the 75mm PAK 40 ;) So it was much stronger then the Pak 38.

I would like too see this version of the SdKfz. 251 ingame but it is difficult to find the right unit for replacing.

Reward unit for Stukas on 251s?
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 05, 2011, 08:52:32 PM »

I'd rather see this as a reward unit for the 75mm PAK40, with fuel cost of course.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 05, 2011, 08:56:10 PM »

I'd rather see this as a reward unit for the 75mm PAK40, with fuel cost of course.

Jeah. Could work ;) But this will be a topic when Ostheer is released xD
May the force be with you.

Offline HerrVoss

• Donor
  • Commissar
  • I modify everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 06, 2011, 05:20:08 PM »
Something a little less OP to replace the pak 40 would be the RSO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raupenschlepper,_Ost
Maybe it has already been discussed but who knows.
Ostheer is a new German faction for this mod.
It will be done when it is done.
Keep mapping and modeling.
Tell a friend about EF.

Offline Max 'DonXavi' von B.

• Developer
  • Eastern Front forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 06, 2011, 05:37:16 PM »
Something a little less OP to replace the pak 40 would be the RSO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raupenschlepper,_Ost

It's not OP as long as the devs keep the stats on a moderate level. The PAK40 on the SdKfz 251 could have decreased stats in order to make it balanced.

Lemberg - Baraque de Fraiture - Smolensk - Heiligenbeil - Nobel Dynamite Works - Lorient - Poltawa

pariah

« Reply #1041 on: August 06, 2011, 05:45:13 PM »
I think it looks pretty cool, in a...weird sort of way.... :-\

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 06, 2011, 06:13:29 PM »
schwimmpakwagen!  :P

Offline HerrVoss

• Donor
  • Commissar
  • I modify everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 06, 2011, 06:21:17 PM »
It would be a reward unit obviously and would need to lock down before firing.
Ostheer is a new German faction for this mod.
It will be done when it is done.
Keep mapping and modeling.
Tell a friend about EF.

Offline Alexander 'ApeMen' J.

• Global Moderator
  • Against Jabba and what he has done!
    • View Profile
    • The StarWars Rap :D
« Reply #1044 on: August 06, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
omg what it this for an ugly monster????  :o

pariah

« Reply #1045 on: August 06, 2011, 08:04:48 PM »
Hey! Tanks have feelings, too! >:( :P ;D

Offline eyas

• Ingenery
  • for the fatherland
    • View Profile
NEW UNIT---TANK CREW & LIGHT ARMOR CREW
« Reply #1046 on: August 07, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
this is my first time idea so please excuse my English and i hob you read it all
in real life , when a tank or any vehicle is about to be destroyed the crew will abandon it for there safety , then they come back to fight again using another tank or vehicle.
and when a tank or any vehicle receive some kind of promotion it mean that the crew is the one has achieved a level of experience .

so my idea is:
when a tank or any vehicle is about to be destroyed or running out of control the crew get a chance to get out of it, and they will have the same veterancy level , so , we can make them inter another tank or vehicle to make it promoted .
and that is really what promotion is about, because the crew is the affective element not the empty tank
but of course that dose not mean that when a tank reach a veterancy  level it will always be available in the battle because when a tank or a vehicle get suddenly destroyed by a shot or a mine the crew will die inside it
it can be used for the (USA , UK , USSR) army
so
i think that we can eject the crew at 10% of the tank life or it will be automatically ejected when it is out of control
only the promoted tanks and armory will be able to eject its crew so that the pop will not be affected

1- the crew will be consist of 5 members (captin , driver , gunner , loader , scout...)
2- there fight ability will be limited ( because they are not supposed to be on the ground ) but they have personal weapons for a little self defense
3- camouflage ability and hold fire (to remain in cover) and bick up weapons from ground
4- and they can be moved in the battle ground to secure points and finally can enter tanks or light armor to promote it
----------------
i just want to say that it is a grate mod and i cant wait to see it
in coh tov the Tiger tank story we all saw how the crew abandoned the Tiger when the British shot it
also this idea can be used in EF
great work
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:55:38 PM by eyas »
waiting for Ostheer
waiting for Ostheer
waiting for Ostheer

Offline cephalos

• Mapper
  • Mr. Spam
  • Pick a card...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 07, 2011, 11:58:05 PM »
well, nice idea... for other mod :) EF is like vCoH, and in there we don't have any tank crews.

Offline Cranialwizard

• Donor
  • Unknown Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: NEW UNIT---TANK CREW & LIGHT ARMOR CREW
« Reply #1048 on: August 08, 2011, 01:32:04 AM »
this is my first time idea so please excuse my English and i hob you read it all
in real life , when a tank or any vehicle is about to be destroyed the crew will abandon it for there safety , then they come back to fight again using another tank or vehicle.
and when a tank or any vehicle receive some kind of promotion it mean that the crew is the one has achieved a level of experience .

so my idea is:
when a tank or any vehicle is about to be destroyed or running out of control the crew get a chance to get out of it, and they will have the same veterancy level , so , we can make them inter another tank or vehicle to make it promoted .
and that is really what promotion is about, because the crew is the affective element not the empty tank
but of course that dose not mean that when a tank reach a veterancy  level it will always be available in the battle because when a tank or a vehicle get suddenly destroyed by a shot or a mine the crew will die inside it
so
i think that we can eject the crew at 10% of the tank life or it will be automatically ejected when it is out of control
only the promoted tanks and armory will be able to eject its crew so that the pop will not be affected

1- the crew will be consist of 5 members (captin , driver , gunner , loader , scout...)
2- there fight ability will be limited ( because they are not supposed to be on the ground ) but they have personal weapons for a little self defense
3- camouflage ability and hold fire (to remain in cover) and bick up weapons from ground
4- and they can be moved in the battle ground to secure points and finally can enter tanks or light armor to promote it
----------------
in coh tov the Tiger tank story we all saw how the crew abandoned the Tiger when the British shot it
great work

So, Blackbishop told you your answer, but that wasn't good enough, so you posted it again here with the same text.

Not going to happen dude.
"Balancers are 10 a penny"

Offline eyas

• Ingenery
  • for the fatherland
    • View Profile
Re: NEW UNIT---TANK CREW & LIGHT ARMOR CREW
« Reply #1049 on: August 08, 2011, 03:28:42 AM »

so my idea is:
so

----------------
great work

So, Blackbishop told you your answer, but that wasn't good enough, so you posted it again here with the same text.

Not going to happen dude.
no , Lord Rommel closed the first post and told me about the right place to post it , so i re-posted it with modification before reading Blackbishop answer
my bad, sorry

waiting for Ostheer
waiting for Ostheer
waiting for Ostheer