Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Ability suggestion thread:  (Read 162801 times)

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
Ability suggestion thread:
« on: February 26, 2010, 06:08:56 PM »
Here u can post or discuss your ability suggestions!
( e.g. doctrine abilities and so on! )
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 06:14:59 PM by Lord Rommel »
May the force be with you.

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: Ability suggestion thread:
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 12:59:39 AM »
Ok I'll start with an Idea I've been brooding over, Please discuss/criticize so we can make it better.

Doctrine Ability: ME262 Interceptor Jet.

Cost: 2 CP, 100 Munitions

Area of effect: Entire Map

Time Active: 60 Seconds

Cool Down Time: 120 Seconds

Effect: While active the ME262 Jet Fighter will attempt to shoot down as many enemy fighter planes and gliders that are called in the map with it's 4X30mm cannons.

Notes: The Me262 should fly across the map very fast and in a short amount of time making it more difficult, but not impossible to be shot down by enemy AA guns. The Me262 should make a lot of noise too. It's long cool down time reflects how rare these fighters where and how hard pressed the Luftwaffe were. Since this is a doctrine ability the Ostheer should have another kind of AA unit (non doctrine) but far less capable as this.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 01:36:43 AM by Versedhorison »

[insert signature here]

Offline Panzer4life

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 04:47:44 AM »
My ideas on how an ability or call in unit works are instead of using munitions for strikes (like my He-111 bombing raid) they would instead use oil to represent the oil shortages in the East. Due note that all these ideas are only for use with the Ostheer.

He-111 bombing raid: A single He-111 drops a a series of large bombs (similar in explosion to a 105mm artillery shell) for the width of two gliders drops. The bombs are inaccurate and can miss the target easily. It cost 200 oil to use.

ju-87 dive bomb: A stuka drops three bombs (similar to the 105mm artillery shell) very accurately on a target area. it cost 75 oil to use.

Recycle vehicle: your pioneers can now salvage any vehicle (including the Allies) and use it as your own. This allows players to get a hold of T-34, Sherman tanks, Priest, Katyusha, and any other US/British/Soviet vehicle. it cost 200 manpower and 60 oil to salvage one of the enemy vehicles, but only 200 manpower to salvage one of your own.

Fight to the bitter end: In a sector you are holding, you can use the ability to make all units in that area to hold their ground and fight to the end. They would become harder to hit, take less damage, and fire faster than normal. But the consequence of doing so is that your units become immobilze, and the sector doesn't give you ammo or oil (depending on what it is). it cost 50 oil to use.   
No one can stop the German panzer divisions.

Offline wordsmith

• Guard
    • View Profile
Doctrine: Total war strategy
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 08:25:43 AM »
Doctrine: Total war strategy (indirect game economy impact)

Left side: Economy war
Economy boost (1CP) - everybody in our homeland increased its productivity to support war effort
- player active ability 300 MP cost, fuel income increase +50/min., ammo income increase +50/min., duration 1min.

Priority supply (3CP) - your prestige allows you to arrange better supplies
- passive ability, increases MP income by +25/min.

Bombard supply routes (4CP) - let's hurt the economy of the enemy, bombard their supply lines
- player active ability 300 Ammo cost, for duration of 30 sec. all enemy income of MP, fuel, ammo is halved (bombard sounds can be heard on background indicating the bombardment)

Right side: Sabotage tactics
Industry sabotage (2CP) - sabotage the production of enemy
- player active ability 100 Ammo cost, for duration of 1min. all enemy production time is doubled (or production speed is halved)

Firebrand squad (2CP) - squad of saboteurs which is sent to decimate enemy
- call-in unit 270MP cost, 3 men, MP40
- invisible on small map and on tactical map
- once deployed in enemy territory, they disrupt income from that sector effectively halving the resource income
- have ability to plant mines (25 Ammo) and to plant Demolition charges (50 Ammo)
- only 1 Firebrand squad in game at time allowed

Disinformation (3CP) - send false information to enemy to confuse him
- player active ability 150 Ammo cost, for duration of 45sec. false information will be displayed on enemy small map and on tactical map, indicating random infantry squads and tanks moving towards his base

Offline Jean Sibelius

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 01:27:47 AM »
Here u can post or discuss your ability suggestions!
( e.g. doctrine abilities and so on! )
i would like to send very heavy artillery to the small bases in COH EF. like Schwerer Gustav (offmap), Karl-Gerät(doctrine vehicle), 688th Railroad Artillery Battery 280mm(Doctrine emplacement, available only in the borders of the  map to build a small railroad)..etc.

Railroad Artillery

i know is hard to make up but I think you can maintain game balance, making railways artillery vulnerable(20 population, capturable, weak vs counter artillery strikes, soft armor, 10 amno consume per shot) because its superior range and firepower.

Karl-Gerät

24 population, medium armor, slow reload, lost of fuel.

Schwerer Gustav

4 shells for 100 amno each, 30sec per shot. I´m thinking in the V2 effect for each shot or something. Only 24 shots per game because  burns its barrel beyond that.

game balance:

It is need to suppress the use of ammunition in  other skills "in order to provide the giant cannon". Also be needed to maintain a very weak supply truck, like Katyusha but wiht a big explotion capable to damage other vehicles if it is destroyed close to the railgun or Karl-Gerät. without supply truck the monster can only fire 2 shells.

Offline Panzer4life

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 02:18:17 AM »
ok , my idea for some more Ostheer ability;

Schwere Gustav: a single round from this massive gun is fired, about as powerful as the V2. cost 100 ammo and recharge in 5-6 minutes.

Flamenwerfer squad: A call in squad of five men, two armed with Flamenwerfer (flamethrowers) and the rest armed with Mp-40s. They can throw white phosphorus grenades (powerful against garrisoned and non-garrisoned infantry) and thermite grenades (powerful against buildings and vehicles).  They cost 360 manpower to call in.

Sarin gas attack: A bomber drops a number of canisters of Sarin nerve agents into the battle, causing an area to be un-passable to infantry, the enemy and your own for about two minutes. In that time, only Tanks and not half-tracks or armored cars will be able to pass through safely. Vehicles that aren't tanks will become empty shells, unmannable for the rest of the game. it cost 200 ammo to use and it recharges in about 4 minutes. 

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 05:28:44 AM »
No Sarin gas, wasn't used in ww2 because it wasn't developed in a stable form until late 44 early 45 AND gas weapons where not used in WW2 on the battlefield (Hitler was injured by Mustard Gas in WW1 and didn't want to put his troops through that, kinda funny for a man who slaughtered innocents....)

Offline Panzer4life

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 04:31:10 AM »
All I know is that Sarin was made by the Germans during WW2, i didn't know it wasn't used though. Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 05:42:06 AM »
Yup no problem

Offline guynumber7

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 06:35:03 AM »
im also pretty sure thermite was not used in ww2, and WP maybe but not likely,

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 07:57:12 AM »
im also pretty sure thermite was not used in ww2, and WP maybe but not likely,
The thermite (thermit) reaction was discovered in 1893 and patented in 1895.

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 11:15:24 AM »
There were a few instances where thermite was used in the war.

[insert signature here]

Offline Panzer4life

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 06:59:54 PM »
Thermite is primary used in the sabotage of vehicles in the event of a base being run over, but they are in grenade form, so I suppose if you threw one at a tank (like a t-34) it would damage the hull pretty good. White phosphorus was used in mortar shells, but sometimes they were made in grenade form. 

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »
AND Willy Pete does NOT stun vehicles! AT ALL!

Offline mike b

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 11:19:20 PM »
Ju-87 Kanonvogel run - use the Stuart's 37mm shells for this maybe?

Definitely need some SS stormtroopers (like the ones they have in BotB, maybe make them a doctrine specific unit or a call in)

Bf109G strafing run (available sooner than the Kanonvogel run, less destructive, quicker cooldown, less points, and in a different doctrine)

Ju-88 Bombing run - similar to the American P-47 bombing run, maybe 2 of them dropping bombs but once again in a different doctrine from the other 2 airplane abilities