Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Idea of how to implement Germany's allies into the Ostheer  (Read 9063 times)

Offline Daiwiz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Idea of how to implement Germany's allies into the Ostheer
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 03:39:34 PM »
This isn't a battle over the Blue Division, this is how to implement the Blue Division, or the Romanians, or anybody else into the game. Decisions on who gets in should be a bit later, after the devs have decided upon how they get in.
In Soviet Union, rifle shoots you!

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 03:42:36 PM »
Franco initiated negotiations in the spring of 1943 and gave an order of withdrawal on October 10.

Well. 1943 the blue Division was ordered back to spain.
Okay. A number of spanish soldiers entered the Waffen-SS but formal the division had stop to exist in October 1943 and that is a fact. 

But just a small note:
Names like "blue division" or "division azul" or "romanian/hungarian conscripts" would never appear in the vanilla CoH. Think of the british troops; they are called canadian or polish soldiers? No! So i think a Ostheer could not use such a "linking name" ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:44:58 PM by Lord Rommel »
May the force be with you.

Offline shalar

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 10:50:45 PM »
Yes of course I'm with Lord Rommel here. No names are needed when always is a way to make all content just calling a unit "International reinforcements" or "European campaign whatever" or some like that I've read before in a concept  anywehre in other treads.

Just please Damn God don't try to start a historical/nationalism discussion when it seems that all we have in common that axis-non german troops need to be represented in the ostheer.

When you call this reinforcements you can imagine easily they come from Romania, Spain or whatever because it was true in history and they are going to be there in the vanilla coh (developers don't kick me to say that, but I have the strong feeling that you are going to implement that xD).

So then argue about productive things like many others do exposing your ideas and concepts for Ostheer related on HOW we do it.

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: Idea of how to implement Germany\\\'s allies into the Ostheer
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 11:47:25 PM »
Perhaps this concept could used to bring Germany's allies into the game. Similar to the ability that allows the Soviets to immediately replace it's losses with a fresh squad under the Propaganda Strategy selection, perhaps one of the Ostheer's "doctrine" abilities could have an ability that will remain active longer and require no cost. German losses, like a Grenadier squad for example, would be replaced immediately by maybe two five man squads of Italians, Hungarians, or Romanians (a random selection). No population cost either and the cooldown would be perhaps 90s. These replacement troops will obviously be of low quality but they'll be able to deal with ST conscripts and ingenery.
+1.
epic idea. one of the first ideas for a sensefull "foreign" unit.

Good work about this one.
Thats s shitty idea.
1. In 1944 german army had more man than in 1941 (volksgrenadiers).
2. The biggest German ally on the east Romania has an important part of army group south allmost from day 1 of invasion. They lost a lot of men at stalingrad too.
3. Who needs squads like volksgrenadiers late in the game?
German allies never had equipment to fight russian tanks. Everyone knows how shitty volks are when medium tanks show up.
4. If you want german allies they need to be early in the game. My idea - "Swapped Italian/Romanian/Hungarian Tier I." or/and "Europes support doctrine". Their in my Ostheer concept:
http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=2681.0
for one thing calling it shitty is just bad don't be an ass. I think that Volks are a good unit when it comes to fighting against Russia and it is very historically autocrat for Germany to have some weaker and cheaper later units 

Post Merge: March 09, 2010, 02:32:44 PM
i think the best allieds to add are the finns and the spaniards,because the finns they had good weapons and experience in the winter war,the spaniards are veterans of the spanish civil war and anti-communist volunteers with german weapons, remember the spanish blue divison was a standard division of the German army,and the main difference was that volunteers believed in this war and had more moral in battle.
ok now's where some facts are needed. May someone please tell me how many Axis soldiers there was on the Eastern Front in lets say......November 1943. Okay now in May '44 and May '45. oh wait, THE SPANISH BLUE DIVISION WAS DESTROYED IN OCTOBER 1943

the spanish blue divison destroyed in 1943??????lol,please read books and not post bullshit,not say things against Spanish and less if they lie,in 1943 the blue division lost 3,000 men but stoped a soviet offensive causing 14,000 casualties to Russians but the dvision was never destroyed.
in 1944 the spanish combat in blue legion.
im 1945 the spanish combat in the wallonien ss and einzatgruppen ezquerra in berlin.

please ford_prefect post real things next time.
erm sorry but where are your facts as well?
"In Oct 1943 Spain changed its status in the war from nonbelligerence to neutrality, disbanding the Blue Divison"
http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=3849
ahhh I see the Spanische Legion well that too was finally disbanded 15 Mar 1944.
"according to some sources the Germans managed to recruit an additional 250 Spaniards after the Blue Division was disbanded until the Allied landings in Normandy."
so your telling me you want out of the whole eastern front the 250 Spaniards to be shown??

Post Merge: March 09, 2010, 11:48:42 PM
http://www.feldgrau.com/InfDiv.php?ID=163
here is another look it up yourself  ;)

# Campaigns

# Eastern Front 1941-1943

# Fate

# Disbanded in Fall of 1943 and troops largely sent back to Spain

Offline 250.Inf. Div.

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 12:50:16 AM »
ford_prefect,please ignore me,i respect yours post, because you do not respect the mine.

If it bothers you that the Spanish will fight inside the heer or hate spain no is my problem ok,stop trolling about spanish.

why not say where you are?

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 01:22:59 AM »
lol sorry but facts are just facts ;)
we were on the subject of the countries this foreign thing would allow. 250 Spaniards on the whole Eastern Front is not much. I believe that the way that Stuka makes a lot of sense

Offline Alguien

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 01:35:02 AM »
250 Spaniards on the whole Eastern Front is not much.

just because it was called the 250 infanterie-division, it didnt mean it had only 250 soldiers, specially since they got ten times that number in war merit crosses

so your facts, i am asking for sources about them

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 01:58:34 AM »
http://www.feldgrau.com/InfDiv.php?ID=163
http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=3849
I already posted it but here you go. (one of my last post had these two things in it) also thank you for catching me there I meant to say "according to some sources the Germans managed to recruit an additional 250 Spaniards after the Blue Division was disbanded until the Allied landings in Normandy."
that's a quote from one of the sources.

Offline Daiwiz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 05:35:35 AM »
Might I suggest creating a thread to argue over who will be shown as a non-German reinforcement for the Ostheer? Much better than cluttering up a thread with a great idea. Besides, I fear the wrath of the mods.
In Soviet Union, rifle shoots you!

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
Re: Idea of how to implement Germany\'s allies into the Ostheer
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 07:57:40 AM »
Perhaps this concept could used to bring Germany's allies into the game. Similar to the ability that allows the Soviets to immediately replace it's losses with a fresh squad under the Propaganda Strategy selection, perhaps one of the Ostheer's "doctrine" abilities could have an ability that will remain active longer and require no cost. German losses, like a Grenadier squad for example, would be replaced immediately by maybe two five man squads of Italians, Hungarians, or Romanians (a random selection). No population cost either and the cooldown would be perhaps 90s. These replacement troops will obviously be of low quality but they'll be able to deal with ST conscripts and ingenery.
+1.
epic idea. one of the first ideas for a sensefull "foreign" unit.

Good work about this one.
Thats s shitty idea.
1. In 1944 german army had more man than in 1941 (volksgrenadiers).
2. The biggest German ally on the east Romania has an important part of army group south allmost from day 1 of invasion. They lost a lot of men at stalingrad too.
3. Who needs squads like volksgrenadiers late in the game?
German allies never had equipment to fight russian tanks. Everyone knows how shitty volks are when medium tanks show up.
4. If you want german allies they need to be early in the game. My idea - "Swapped Italian/Romanian/Hungarian Tier I." or/and "Europes support doctrine". Their in my Ostheer concept:
http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=2681.0
for one thing calling it shitty is just bad don't be an ass. I think that Volks are a good unit when it comes to fighting against Russia and it is very historically autocrat for Germany to have some weaker and cheaper later units 
Ok, sory about the shit.

But how can you say that Volks are good vs PPSH strelky or T-34 (mid game) or enen constripts in a house (defending something allmost from fte beggining of the game). The only thing they are good at in mid or late game is taking Soviet equipment (AT guns and mortars). They even cap slower than grenadieres.

"And it is very historically autocrat for Germany to have some weaker and cheaper" early "units"! Romania was allways supporting Germany... untill they changed sides in "late game".
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:38:09 AM by Paciat »

Offline Alguien

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
I meant to say "according to some sources the Germans managed to recruit an additional 250 Spaniards after the Blue Division was disbanded until the Allied landings in Normandy."

oh, ok then, never mind

Offline Tankobite

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 03:48:35 AM »
newbielink:http://www.feldgrau.com/InfDiv.php?ID=163 [nonactive]
newbielink:http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=3849 [nonactive]
I already posted it but here you go. (one of my last post had these two things in it) also thank you for catching me there I meant to say "according to some sources the Germans managed to recruit an additional 250 Spaniards after the Blue Division was disbanded until the Allied landings in Normandy."

A little clarification, maybe that is how many were recruited, but the Blue Legion was left when the Division departed and had 2,500 members.  That too was pulled later,with the die hards staying behind and fighting with Nordland and another SS Company which did some fighting in the battle of the Bulge.

newbielink:http://250skicompany.webs.com/history.htm [nonactive]

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 04:13:40 AM »
Franco initiated negotiations in the spring of 1943 and gave an order of withdrawal on October 10.

Well. 1943 the blue Division was ordered back to spain.
Okay. A number of spanish soldiers entered the Waffen-SS but formal the division had stop to exist in October 1943 and that is a fact. 

But just a small note:
Names like "blue division" or "division azul" or "romanian/hungarian conscripts" would never appear in the vanilla CoH. Think of the british troops; they are called canadian or polish soldiers? No! So i think a Ostheer could not use such a "linking name" ;)
I think that in one level in the British campaign, there's a unit called "Canadian Rifles" than even talk like Cananadians.
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 09:51:37 PM »
I think that in one level in the British campaign, there's a unit called "Canadian Rifles" than even talk like Cananadians.
There is no British fraction. Theres only a Commonwealth fraction.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 09:53:27 PM by Paciat »

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 10:56:40 PM »
There is no British fraction. Theres only a Commonwealth fraction.

even then no single unit is named to be from a certain part of the british commonwealth.

[insert signature here]