Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: pettiton on stupid ideas.  (Read 16323 times)

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
pettiton on stupid ideas.
« on: March 12, 2010, 01:15:48 PM »
I'm starting this petition because I'm sick of people wishlisting or making idea's or delusions that they are gonna get German 'wonder weapons' that either were never used or never existed as weapons. These 'weapons' include:

*all chemical weapons
*the Maus
*the Ratte
*the monster
*the dora gun

this also includes any other stupid ideas like solar death rays or sound cannons and you can forget about trolling me cause it won't work, trust me. If people are in support of this I'd like to see the mods at least shutting down dedicated threads or warning people or failing that just having as many people flame noobs for posting such garbage again. I'm sorry if this is rather extreme I'm just personally sick of seeing people going on about those five, I know its a game but lets keep it at least a bit realistic. Also I may update this list if more crap comes to light.

Cheers.

[insert signature here]

Offline Saavedra

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: pettiton on stupid ideas.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:52:02 PM »
I agree with shutting down fetishist threads.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 02:10:02 PM »
I think all bad ideas should be included on the list. Not just really stupid.

I would also like to add this to the list:

T-26 that was inferior in every way to T-70,
T-35 heavy tank that could be destroyed by 3,7cm AT guns (door knockers),
dog bombs(difficult to animate),
ME-262 (becouse Ju-87 is a better idea - devs also think this way),
Ability that lets you control an enemy unit for a short time (OP - no counter to it).

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:27:53 PM »
Hey guys ;) I can tell u that i had already delete some
spam threads with "superunits" like P-1000 or other stupid
ideas.
So i have a look - i think it is my duty to overlook this
suggestions board and and "protect" it against spam
threads.
And as the german historian at the EF team i dont like
this senseless threads, too.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:40:17 PM by Lord Rommel »
May the force be with you.

Offline Ost_Front_Soldat

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »
Suggestions for T-26 and T-35 tanks are not ridiculous. They were not great designs, but they did see combat and in gameplay terms....are awesome ideas. The Geshutzwagon, Hotchkiss H-35, Ostwind, T-90, and KV-2 are all just as "ridiculous and inappropriate" if we are going to go by the historical account, yet no one complains, because they serve the game.

Now I understand that there are people who have nothing better to do than complain about other people making suggestions, as ridiculous as they may seem. Whats it to you if someone makes a suggestion in the suggestion threads? If they are ridiculous, like the Maus or P.1000 & P.1500, ofcourse they won't be added, so why get your panties in a knot?

As for the Dora gun, and other railguns, making a model would be silly, but perhaps using it as flavour for off-map artillery? Also maybe in the Russian campaign/Ostheer campaign, you could make the model but only as an objective to destroy/protect respectively.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:23:02 PM by Ost_Front_Soldat »

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 08:51:41 PM »
Suggestions for T-26 and T-35 tanks are not ridiculous. They were not great designs, but they did see combat and in gameplay terms....are awesome ideas. The Geshutzwagon, Hotchkiss H-35, Ostwind, T-90, and KV-2 are all just as "ridiculous and inappropriate" if we are going to go by the historical account, yet no one complains, because they serve the game.
Youre wrong. H-35 is in the game only to give PE mobile artillery thats better(but more expensive) than a mortar halftrack. Ostwind and T-90 are anti aircraft and anti infantry vechicles (every fraction has an AA gun). KV-2 is a bunker killer just like stugIV.
But I cant find a reason to replace T-70 with a tank thats worst in every way. Also who needs a T-35 heavy tank with light tank armor. Russian tanks are all build in the tank hull so theres no possibility for a very early russian tank.(If you want to give the T-26 a bren carriers armor).

There are also more interesting concepts like T-28(I dont like it but at least its worth talking about), KV-1, KV-8 flame tank (it could replace KV-2 in urban doctrine or even SU-85/100) and BT-7 fast tank (much better idea than T-26). Theres also SU-76 cheap SP AT gun and SU-122 mobile arti.

Offline Ost_Front_Soldat

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 09:19:37 PM »
The T-35 can surpress, and engage infantry and light vehicles from all directions. You are exaggerating its armour, it was not that thin. Place it in the middle of an infantry formation and it will wreck havoc on infantry. It is not supposed to fight armour, just as the T-90, but at the very least it has attack capabilities in that field too. Also, it can have a tank shock ability like the Churchhill while raining MG fire. How is that not useful?

And you misunderstood my first paragraph. I was saying KV-2s and H-35s, T-90s were rare but still in game so usng that arguement against the T-35 is pointless.

None of the tanks in this game operate like their real counterparts anyway, and the BT-7 had more or less the same armour as the T-26, so... anyway.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 09:30:05 PM by Ost_Front_Soldat »

Offline Alguien

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 10:45:09 PM »
I dont understand the ratte and monster, i mean, they imagen of a super tank crushing at everything in its path is awesome, but i cant see that in COH, it feel more small battles than wont let something like that work

and the maus is horrible, i mean you have better looking heavy tanks like the Sturm Tiger and the Elephant, not to mention they are kinda more viable for the scale of the game

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 11:16:41 PM »
I think all bad ideas should be included on the list. Not just really stupid.

I would also like to add this to the list:

T-26 that was inferior in every way to T-70,
T-35 heavy tank that could be destroyed by 3,7cm AT guns (door knockers),
dog bombs(difficult to animate),
ME-262 (becouse Ju-87 is a better idea - devs also think this way),
Ability that lets you control an enemy unit for a short time (OP - no counter to it).

Bwahaha 2/4 of those were my Ideas (or close to)hah

Question-Do Flamethrowers count as "chemical" in your view ?
Molly: " It's our rock garden"
Dwight: "What are you farming, Bullcrap?"

You Are a Rebel Spy and a traitor to the Empire!
~Darth Vader

Any typos found may be given to Seeme.

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 12:31:53 AM »
*all chemical weapons
what?! no way!!!

*the Maus
to slow - to big - to heavy - and UNCOMMON, so NO

*the Ratte and the monster
way to big, how do you want to use them? on any bridge-based may all you can do is park it in you base (if there is enough free space to spawn it)  ;D

*the dora gun
as a call in? are you serious?! where are the railroads it needs to move on the map  ::)

@rommel: close it pls  ;)
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 03:13:01 AM »
Question- what about the Lion ?

~Darth Vader

Offline Daiwiz

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 03:22:46 AM »
I don't think they should be killed or anything, but telling people, without n00b and swearing etc, that units such as the Maus or Ratte are far too inconcievable and impracticle to appear in such a game. Yes, they are absolutely awsome, but they wouldn't really work well.

The offmap Dora sounds nice, but it would have to fire 1 round only and have a limit on where you can fire it. Basically, it can't hit anywheres near a base. If it is even thought of, it should also make a huge blast and noise (more than a V2) so as to let everybody know to hit the dirt. A long time for the shell to land (Like the V2) would be important as well. It's a static defense buster. But meh.

Hey, I like the solar deathrays! They should be made an emplacement or placed on the back of a truck! Burn baby burn!
In Soviet Union, rifle shoots you!

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 03:26:28 AM »
Fact-Lion was only the size of a king Tiger!!

~Darth Vader

Offline Ost_Front_Soldat

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 03:38:42 AM »
I don't think they should be killed or anything, but telling people, without n00b and swearing etc, that units such as the Maus or Ratte are far too inconcievable and impracticle to appear in such a game. Yes, they are absolutely awsome, but they wouldn't really work well.

The offmap Dora sounds nice, but it would have to fire 1 round only and have a limit on where you can fire it. Basically, it can't hit anywheres near a base. If it is even thought of, it should also make a huge blast and noise (more than a V2) so as to let everybody know to hit the dirt. A long time for the shell to land (Like the V2) would be important as well. It's a static defense buster. But meh.

Hey, I like the solar deathrays! They should be made an emplacement or placed on the back of a truck! Burn baby burn!

I was thinking the same about the railgun.

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 12:36:36 PM »
Just as a small information;
CoH used vehicles and weapons which where USED druing the war! So weapons like the Löwe-Panzer or the E-Series or MAUS or Ratte or all the other "prototypes" and "propaganda vehicles" are NO OPTION for CoH.

Think in the Ostheer you wont never see this units ;)

Small Edit: before u come up with the M26 Pershing - Okay. just 20 vehicles served at Europa during the last days of 2 ww....but they were in service and that is the point!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:16:41 PM by Lord Rommel »
May the force be with you.