Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: New Player - Is there any plans for single-player campaigns?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Kitanode

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
New Player - Is there any plans for single-player campaigns?
« on: February 23, 2014, 03:44:27 AM »
Hi,

As it's been so long since I last played CoH it was the idea of playing a Russian campaign that made me want to download and play EF.

Unfortunately as you know EF has only Multiplayer content which also looks excellent and really professional but i think i would only embarrass myself if i played it right now.

So is there any plans for a EF campaign in the future? There are so many scenarios that would make great campaigns from the Russian point of view in WWII.

Offline Dzierzan

• Translator
  • Commissar
  • I am the king of second bananas!
    • View Profile
Re: New Player - Is there any plans for single-player campaigns?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 10:05:41 AM »
Yes, the campaign was planned ages ago and it's still being developed.

Offline CommissarLampshade

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »
I love Eastern Front and have a ton of respect for the developers who worked on it. I don't mean any offensive when saying this, but I think that realistically we aren't very likely to see such a thing.

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:22:08 PM »
I love Eastern Front and have a ton of respect for the developers who worked on it. I don't mean any offensive when saying this, but I think that realistically we aren't very likely to see such a thing.

It is definitely in the works and progress and assets have been made for it. But its a lower priority than just about everything else, so it will take time to complete and we have no planned release date yet

Offline TheVolskinator

• Guard
    • View Profile
    • Deutschland’s Mächtiger Ostheer!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 07:25:56 AM »
Is it possible for the campaigns to work in spite of the .dll issues plaguing the mod at the moment? If they do work, this might be a fantastic opportunity to release a patch containing the campaigns. If I may, are there any specific ones being worked on? I've been doing some digging and have been especially interested in operations like Operation Uranus, Operation Bagration, and Operation Bustard Hunt. The subsequent siege of Sevastopol comes to mind as well...
Quote from: Pocketsize
I can't wait till they add british to CoH:O; the extreme forces leveled by the new imbalances will create a black hole around the servers that destroys half of Canada.