Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: pettiton on stupid ideas.  (Read 16325 times)

Offline bastex

• Guard
  • we enforce soviet will
    • View Profile
Re: pettiton on stupid ideas.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
the maus would never be in skirmitch or mp maybe a campain mission like huntdown the maus

(btw Versedhorison i think making polls like this is also a stupid idea so put it in ur list aswell =] )
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:39:43 PM by bastex »
yes .... im sorry ><
bcouse i was  born as a complete utter bastard

Offline Ost_Front_Soldat

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 06:06:36 PM »
Just as a small information;
CoH used vehicles and weapons which where USED druing the war! So weapons like the Löwe-Panzer or the E-Series or MAUS or Ratte or all the other "prototypes" and "propaganda vehicles" are NO OPTION for CoH.

Think in the Ostheer you wont never see this units ;)

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:17:55 PM by Ost_Front_Soldat »

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 03:51:49 PM »
But still do Flamethrowers count as "chemical" ? some used Napalm and napalm is technically a chemical sooo?
Molly: " It's our rock garden"
Dwight: "What are you farming, Bullcrap?"

You Are a Rebel Spy and a traitor to the Empire!
~Darth Vader

Any typos found may be given to Seeme.

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 04:23:07 AM »
But still do Flamethrowers count as "chemical" ? some used Napalm and napalm is technically a chemical sooo?

Flame throwers are fine I'm referring to chemical weapons like gas as it was NEVER used in WW2.

Also with the dora gun I don't like the idea of it being used as a call in and its still ridiculous as it was only used in a single battle of WW2 and to what role it played in affecting the whole war was actually negative to the Germans. In game it would be impracticable and usless. K5's I don't have a problem with however I wouldn't want them in the game cause all you'd get is pretty much the exact same thing as a V1 rocket (single big explosion with super long cool down time). I want to see something new in this mod, not something already done.

[insert signature here]

Offline Ost_Front_Soldat

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 04:58:41 AM »

Flame throwers are fine I'm referring to chemical weapons like gas as it was NEVER used in WW2.

Also with the dora gun I don't like the idea of it being used as a call in and its still ridiculous as it was only used in a single battle of WW2 and to what role it played in affecting the whole war was actually negative to the Germans. In game it would be impracticable and usless. K5's I don't have a problem with however I wouldn't want them in the game cause all you'd get is pretty much the exact same thing as a V1 rocket (single big explosion with super long cool down time). I want to see something new in this mod, not something already done.

Wrong, the Germans used chemical weapons during the siege of Sevastapol. While, in the larger question, chemical weapons were not used to the extent that they were in other conflict such as the First World War or the Iran-Iraq War, but when you indicate that they were never used(in capitals), I must point out that it is incorrect.

Further more, it does not have to be the Dora specifically, it could be the K5, since it was more common(or, less rare). It could just be a railway gun in general. The V1 is far more ridiculous in comparison.

You need to face the fact that Relic has already created two faction's worth of German tactics, weapons, etc. To expect something completely new is naive and suggests a lack of knowledge of appreciation(or both) for the history behind the game. There is no need to be unreasonable, there is plently of room in 3 doctrines for a railway gun off-map artillery.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:01:00 AM by Ost_Front_Soldat »

Offline Shadowmetroid

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 08:31:05 AM »
Agreed with Soldat.  Considering what else has been done in Company of Heroes already, a railway gun is not out of the question. Nor any of the other ideas you refer to as stupid.

Offline Paciat

• Mr. Spam
  • Without balance COH world will end!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 11:14:05 AM »
Agreed with Soldat.  Considering what else has been done in Company of Heroes already, a railway gun is not out of the question. Nor any of the other ideas you refer to as stupid.
Devs said that a railway gun would be another V1 rocket and thats why ist not needed. Theres also a Ju-87 with a divebombing sound that everyone (soldiers and civilians) feared.
The T-35 can surpress, and engage infantry and light vehicles from all directions. You are exaggerating its armour, it was not that thin. Place it in the middle of an infantry formation and it will wreck havoc on infantry. It is not supposed to fight armour, just as the T-90, but at the very least it has attack capabilities in that field too. Also, it can have a tank shock ability like the Churchhill while raining MG fire. How is that not useful?
T-90s is in the game so Soviets can have an AA vechicle. AA trucks would be too easy to destroy

KV-2 was usefull to the Soviets (unlike T-35). In 1941 KV-2 could stop a whole panzer division and destroy any AT gun setting up with its massive gun. Also late (heavier) T-35 same armor (but not sloper) as T-70 so im not exaggerating when saing it had a light tank armor.

Ill also add that there should be a pettiton on out of question ideas, not pettiton on stupid ideas.

Offline Ost_Front_Soldat

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 11:38:26 AM »
Paciat, I don't know how many time I have to explain this to you.

Units like the H-35, Panzer IV F1, Ostwind, T17, Pershing, and Geshutzwagon has already been implemented. Vehicles which either didn't see combat, saw very little combat, were obsolete by the time of Normandy or did not appear until the final days of the war. The T-90 of yours does not have a very remarkable service history either, but it was deemed a good concept for a game unit. That is what I suggested for the T-35, it is a good concept for an infantry support tank, so stop pulling out combat records, because I can just as easily nail your beloved tanks for the same crime.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 11:44:17 AM by Ost_Front_Soldat »

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »
problem is though, is that the T35 ans T28 are both a bear to code with multiple turrets. Now while they may be good at a certain role, they are just not worth the effort to be a large part of the game.

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
Re: petiton on stupid ideas.
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 03:56:06 PM »
Is this now a thread about red reward units ???
Think we are at the Ostheer suggestion board and
this "petition" is against stuoide ideas for the Ostheer.
May the force be with you.

Offline hgghg4

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 04:18:12 PM »
Rommel can we get a lock on this thread? It has gone far enough and doesn't do anything to support the Ostheer concept idea's or the forum in any way...

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 04:23:01 PM »
Well. Close? You are the second person who askes for a close here but i think the thread starter had to say the "final word". I will close here when something unacceptable
will happen  ;)

When Versedhorison say i should close here i will close it.
May the force be with you.

Offline TheReaper

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 05:14:04 PM »
Put this unit:
http://www.surfsedge.com/NewYorkBomber/The%20Bomber%202.jpg
With NUCLEAR BOMB!!!!We know, evil Nazis were close to build it, now it's time to put in the game!!!! The ultimate superweapon, I suggest, call it The Red Button ability. Destroys the whole map!!!

Sorry guys I'm a bit tired today. :)

Offline Ghost

• Beta Testers
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 06:36:58 PM »
Jagd[tiger] is a buildable replacement for the Kettenkrad... It can cloak and cap points. :P

Offline Shadowmetroid

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »