Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: pettiton on stupid ideas.  (Read 16462 times)

Offline Ost_Front_Soldat

• Guard
    • View Profile
Re: pettiton on stupid ideas.
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2010, 08:49:13 PM »
18 Is aceptable if 20 pershings saw action  ::)

Pershings in vCoH is NOT acceptable, thats why we play mods. And Sturmtigers only deserve to be in BotB, other than that, other equipment has priority over it. Besides, it was mainly a western front unit.

And my statement and there being more railguns(I only used the K5 series as an example, there were many more guns of different models mounted on rail cars. And thank you sauerKRAUT.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:53:33 PM by Ost_Front_Soldat »

Offline comrade2012

• Guard
  • "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 03:23:25 AM »
The Maus was the ultimate Lulz tank
"It is better to fight for something than live for nothing." George Patton

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 12:50:33 PM »
You caught this topic right befor it would go to page 2, great.
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 04:14:06 PM »
Here we go again , comrade try not to mention RATTE , MAUS , LOWE, DORA, OR GUSTAV people get cranky when they are recommended. The rule is if its smaller than a KT and made more than 50 times its not considered outrageous.
Molly: " It's our rock garden"
Dwight: "What are you farming, Bullcrap?"

You Are a Rebel Spy and a traitor to the Empire!
~Darth Vader

Any typos found may be given to Seeme.

Offline DrCashpor

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »
the large amount off noob feedback and demands slowly starts to brainwash the developers.

Offline comrade2012

• Guard
  • "Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2010, 12:13:05 AM »
Im not saying that they should make it. The "Lulz" was ment to reinforce the amount of stupidity involved in the Maus.
"It is better to fight for something than live for nothing." George Patton

Offline Fementedbeancurd

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »
That jeep and retreat idea is also stupid.

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2010, 03:41:30 PM »
For what reason?

The jeep can benefit the Soviet union early by providing a more diverse force and retreat is one of the MAIN mechanics of what makes CoH great. Both these ideas were voted upon and the majority favoured them, so just because you personally don't like it doesn't make it stupid. Get over yourself.

I'm in total agreement against stupid ideas but can we just let this thread die please?
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Sonders

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
I had to vote no because one of the thing I like about this forum is that it doesn’t seem to be a lock-fest like others I’ve seen. Stupid posts are stupid, especially if the guy is serious. Stop reading if you feel its stupid. Now I realize some have to go, vulgar ones, racial stuff, but I don’t like to vote on something designed to take away any of our liberties. Besides, what’s stupid to you may be important to someone else. And what stupid and what isn’t?

Now is this a stupid idea?
Give the Americans a nuke. Once fired I takes out a area of about 4 sectors. Any inf wondering into that area for the next 10000 years starts dying of radiation sickness. The Germans can buy radiation suites at 12CP for 1000mp 500 fuel. Allies pay 5 munitions since it was their nuke.
What ya think guys? Am I on to a good one here? Lol

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2010, 06:35:56 AM »
That jeep and retreat idea is also stupid.

explain your reasoning. otherwise stop trolling.

[insert signature here]

Offline Fementedbeancurd

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2010, 07:43:25 AM »
explain your reasoning. otherwise stop trolling.
[/quote]

Well this mod is great because it added a team unique in its own way , putting in a jeep and retreat is just making it more like the other teams , because people are used to playing as them .

Offline GodlikeDennis

• Donor
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »
Retreat is one of the fundamental concepts that made CoH great in the first place. It puts an added emphasis on getting whole squads out alive and preserving your units because it costs less to reinforce a squad than build a new one (unlike the original DoW). This system rewards good play, something that competitive players find very important. Sure, it's cool and all that Soviets can't retreat. But people find it very n00b that you have to blob up your conscripts and if you get suppressed, you can't retreat so you have to pop your "OH SHIT" ability from the command squad. Conscripts can't be used to flank because failure will lead to the whole squad being wiped due to lack of retreat.

If retreat were added, heroic charge should be removed/made available very late and another option would have to be added to harass and flank mgs. Thus, a jeep-like light vehicle.

Uniqueness between the factions is a great thing, another of the core concepts that makes CoH great. To stray too far from the other concepts though is what makes the difference between a US vs Wehr game (awesome) and a Brit vs Wehr game (terrible). Soviets are still unique but they shouldn't take all the original concepts that made the game the best of it's genre and say "fuck you, we'll do it our own way".
If you get into an argument with me, you're wrong.

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2010, 06:05:33 AM »
well I for one would like to see more early game units other than a conscript horde, although I do like mass conscripts it has gotten old.

[insert signature here]

Offline ShannonDimuzio

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2014, 06:36:24 AM »
I'm starting this petition because I'm sick of people wishlisting or making idea's or delusions that they are gonna get German 'wonder weapons' that either were never used or never existed as weapons. These 'weapons' include:

*all chemical weapons
*the Maus
*the Ratte
*the monster
*the dora gun

this also includes any other stupid ideas like solar death rays or sound cannons and you can forget about trolling me cause it won't work, trust me. If people are in support of this I'd like to see the mods at least shutting down dedicated threads or warning people or failing that just having as many people flame noobs for posting such garbage again. I'm sorry if this is rather extreme I'm just personally sick of seeing people going on about those five, I know its a game but lets keep it at least a bit realistic. Also I may update this list if more crap comes to light.

Cheers.

Ich denke, es ist immer noch kein Halten mehr, solche Themen nutzlos .. Ich habe viele von ihnen in der letzten Zeit gesehen.

Offline Codename "Tiger"

• Balancer
  • Guard
  • Ostheer for Victory!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel (German)
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2014, 11:22:57 AM »
Some people spam their ideas on who the game can get better.
Sometimes i wish there is a kind of "silly ideas filter" in this forum...