Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Interesting thoughts  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Oberst Faust

• Ingenery
  • Wehrmacht - Heer
    • View Profile
Interesting thoughts
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:25:05 AM »
Well I finally sat down and got time to play a game against the Russians as I wanted to see how the computer played.

It was Myself (Wehrmacht) another Expert computer (Wehrmacht) and 2 Russians on normal. I used fixed positions and high resources (I enjoy the rush of a big battle)

The game started out normal, the Russians have a clear advantage with the conscripts on high resources, even without high resources. They captured about 2/3 of the map (Berlin) and my ally and I fought back very difficult with many volksgrenadiers and I eventually was able to keep calling in stormtroopers.

I had a sniper and about 2 or 3 units of Stormtroopers fighting for control of the map (right side) and was barely holding on, an influx of volksgrenadiers and grenadiers were steady but always getting killed. I started producing Stugs and fought back alebit soon I realized that my ally was overwhelmed with T-34s and mass conscripts and other infantry.

They fell and I soon fell afterwards...I've always considered myself a half decent player, no where near genius or anything but...I get utterly destroyed as did my ally.

Is this a common practice or...do I just suck? (lol)

Offline Loupblanc

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 02:52:08 AM »

You just suck :)
 Play with me helping you, you'll see! :D

Ahah, hey, at least you had fun! :D
You know, there are many people in the country today who, through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane. Some of them became sane later in their lives. It is up to people like you and me who are out of our tiny little minds to try and help these people overcome their sanity

Offline theafroninja

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 03:28:40 AM »
narh i really think he doesn't soviet map control is too dominant early-game since ingenry can easily overpower pioneers and ever panzer elite infantry... i reckon this is totally screwed up. i can beat americans and brits on expert 1v1 but cant even get through 15 mins before it looks like the game is completely unwinnable against soviets on normal

Offline Toxic19813

• Guard
  • Lack of gaming PC makes me crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »
There was only one game where I did not get roflstomped by the Russian normal difficulty. My ally and I took strong hold of the bridges on Achelous River, but they had 2/3 of the middle ground. I had my Hummel artillery and was destroying all of their bridges to reinforce so we can storm the islands. Eventually, after cutting down hundreds of Conscripts and blowing up a hecka' lot of tanks (including IS2-152) we made it to the enemy base, and we almost won... My game crashed.  >:(

Offline thebomb

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »
It is unusual that you lost to two normal AI players when you had an expert AI ally. You probably need a bit more practice with the game (say until you start beating a normal Soviet AI on a regular basis). The high resources starting condition really ramps it up in favor of the AI though, you're not the first player to mention losing in this circumstance.