Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Unit - Reward suggestions thread:  (Read 269170 times)

Offline FallBarbarossa

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Re: Unit - Reward suggestions thread:
« Reply #750 on: April 10, 2013, 03:16:45 PM »
I'm also opposed to the ace units.

Offline IGobux

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
    • ремонт квартиры цены
« Reply #751 on: July 09, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »
How about letting the luftwaffe officer have no weapon at all but the abilety to pick one up?

Offline Svarog_CDO

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
Shtrafbat/Penal units and partisans logic modifications.
« Reply #752 on: July 19, 2013, 05:36:29 PM »
Hi everbody, I'm new on this forum, first I'd like to thank the modders for their wonderful work! Then excuse me for eventual grammatical mistakes, I'm French.

However since the last patch introducing the OstHeer and modifications to the Red Army, i'd like to suggest some modifications that seem logic to me:

-the new penal units system is weird: why would brave conscripts/recruits units be suddenly changed in an unit composed of desertors, and condemned soldiers? The former way to recruit them was much more correct, in adequation with the soviet strategy: they were "sent" to the front. And having a kommisar to command them and strelkys acting as a blocking unit preventing from desertion was great! So I wonder if you could reintroduce the former penal units; recruitable in a building or as a capacity. To my mind it would be much more correct.

-Modifications brought to partisans are great! But as their description shows: they are guerilla units. So I wonder if they shouldn't; because they fight "behind ennemy lines" and in order to rebalance their lacks in close combat, have a camo system, the same as sharpshooters, allowing them to move discretly to their target.

One more time: thanks to the whole team for this great mod! And have a nice day!

Offline Hendrik 'DarcReaver' S.

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • ...Fear my Arty...
    • View Profile
Re: Shtrafbat/Penal units and partisans logic modifications.
« Reply #753 on: July 19, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
Hi everbody, I'm new on this forum, first I'd like to thank the modders for their wonderful work! Then excuse me for eventual grammatical mistakes, I'm French.

However since the last patch introducing the OstHeer and modifications to the Red Army, i'd like to suggest some modifications that seem logic to me:

-the new penal units system is weird: why would brave conscripts/recruits units be suddenly changed in an unit composed of desertors, and condemned soldiers?
Commissars were forced to create Penal units for every part of the Eastern front with Order No. 227. It didn't matter if the units were desertors or condemned. They were just issued to become penals. That's why "Not One Step Back!" (which is based on Stalin's Order No. 227) enables the Strafnies.

The former way to recruit them was much more correct, in adequation with the soviet strategy: they were "sent" to the front. And having a kommisar to command them and strelkys acting as a blocking unit preventing from desertion was great! So I wonder if you could reintroduce the former penal units; recruitable in a building or as a capacity. To my mind it would be much more correct.
The Strafnie upgrade itself is brought in for gameplay reasons: Propaganda is supposed to reflect the huge "Human Wave" tactics from the Soviets early in the war, with masses of cheap conscripts pushing forward and defending territory with huge losses, but they're inexpensive since they are cheap to reinforce etc.

The Stafnie upgrade gives Conscripts a better way to scale into the midgame, so you can use them as a placeholder infantry until you can get either Navals and/or Guards.
-Modifications brought to partisans are great! But as their description shows: they are guerilla units. So I wonder if they shouldn't; because they fight "behind ennemy lines" and in order to rebalance their lacks in close combat, have a camo system, the same as sharpshooters, allowing them to move discretly to their target.

One more time: thanks to the whole team for this great mod! And have a nice day!
thx :) And yes, Partisans have camouflage to sneak around in enemy territory.

Abuse is abuse and has to go.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 19, 2013, 10:42:19 PM »
He means if Partisans are fine as it, because in his opinion they don't feel like a guerrilla unit any more.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline JuhwannX

• Beta Testers
  • Mr. Spam
  • Every night I get some serious pussy
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel, for EF shoutcasts.
« Reply #755 on: July 20, 2013, 02:51:57 AM »
Well the thing about Partisans is that they're the purest level of a glass cannon. There are plenty of times I've had partisans get right up to a landser and then get wrecked. They need support of a larger army, or a second partisan group, to help them out. When they're supported well, they're great line breakers/behind the line fighters. If you try to use them in your defensive lines, you're basically asking for a bleeding partisan. Especially considering their vet and the conscripts vet are the same.
YOU THINK YOU CAN FUCK WITH ME?! www.youtube.com/user/juhwannX

Offline 777mais777

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 21, 2013, 03:33:01 PM »
May be for SSSR will you make command tank or new system rang of tanks? :D

Offline BffWithDEATH

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 08, 2013, 12:53:48 PM »
KPV heavy machine guns in ZPU-4 quad anti-aircraft mounting 14.5x114mm

Embrace your Dreams

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 08, 2013, 06:36:25 PM »
KPV heavy machine guns in ZPU-4 quad anti-aircraft mounting 14.5x114mm

Those were created after the war

Though the soviets did have 25mm and 37mm AA guns which performed a similar role, and quad maxim AA guns
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:44:31 PM by robotnik »

Offline Tom

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 08, 2013, 07:43:33 PM »
Would be nice to have mg gunners on heavy tanks like tiger and the Is2. Also a reward unit for the ISU 152 would be great.
knowing what you want is half the battle

Offline Jeff 'Robotnik' W.

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Forum historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 08, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »
Would be nice to have mg gunners on heavy tanks like tiger and the Is2. Also a reward unit for the ISU 152 would be great.

We have that planned for when we make the updated soviet models

Offline Walentin 'Walki' L.

• Developer
  • Creator of Things
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 13, 2013, 08:46:44 PM »

We have that planned for when we make the updated soviet models

... furthermore the Ostheer Tiger has a MG Gunner (Radio Vet 2)
I identify as a four-eyed bird man. /s

Offline Todstyak

• Strelky
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 14, 2013, 01:33:50 AM »
They should be powerful inf- but only limited to 3 the whole game.

Please no unitcaps! They drive me insane!

Offline BffWithDEATH

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 15, 2013, 04:41:08 PM »
AVT-40 kinda like an SVT-40 but it's fully automatic
Embrace your Dreams

Offline The Soldier

• Developer
  • Commissar
  • Shock Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 25, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »
The AVT-40 couldn't handle the extreme recoil of automatic fire - it literally fell apart.  So, me thinks that won't be a nice choice of weaponry for Yuri.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
~Erwin Rommel