Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Neosdarks Third Attempt at a Good Ostheer  (Read 7390 times)

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Neosdarks Third Attempt at a Good Ostheer
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »
Now Olorin please read the way i build up buildings, as Defense Pioneers are scientificly Tier 2-4. U make it seem like i don't have any units for defense. I think the aptly named Defensive Pioneers do almost everything you outlined. They make bunkers, Tank-traps, mines, sandbags, wire, and can also use their G-41 to fight people in buildings with the G-launcher. Perfect engies for a defensive operation and urban combat.

The reason i dislike your Concrete Dugout is becuase it is in fact a TRENCH WITH A CONCRETE LINING. It would be like making an upgrade for a trench or something of the variety. Dugout=Trench, in almost all military terms my friend.

Now as for le mines. Lets make two things clear: 1)Mines in their entirety are designed to be a defensive buffer, suppressing and killing soldiers around the large explosion.

2)If you don't use them then you obviously aren't a defensive player. Give them a good old-fashioned college try, and then perhaps you will realize that its has an extreme defensive purpose. And while ur at it get a few snipers, MGs and mortars in the area and watch the fireworks.

The Volkssturm: I came up with a good idea for them. When I activate the Wunderwaffen upgrade i will change it so the soldiers equipped with VG 1-5 have 1 out of 2 VG 1-5 become VMG-28. It would stop the upgrade to StG but give them something to suppress with so they would have relevance later in the game. If u want i can throw in the Panzerfaust for 15 munitions but that makes them too versatile in my opinion. 

Panzerschreck would be too unfair for such a cheap squad as it would also not have the proper gear to operate one without killing or hurting themselves.

Anyway enough of my ranting. Any other suggestions my friend??