Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: OFFICIAL POLL: Removing the original factions plus adding in retreat and vet  (Read 39110 times)

Offline Fementedbeancurd

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
oh my god , giving the russians retreat is  terrible idea! why remove it ? the recrewing maybe yeah thats understandable, but the russians are all " CHARGE YEAHHHHH " and didnt retreat in most cases , i think that is unique shouldnt be taken away.

And on that though , i do think Russians should be able to recrew , it would work if sayyy , the gaurds and command squad can recrew , or something like that , i mean the gaurds can already pick up axis weapons cant they? It isnt neccessary for veterancy either , buying the upgrades is far better.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 01:01:17 PM by Fementedbeancurd »

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
Picking up weapons and recrewing weapons are two different things entirely from a coding pov. All units can pick up weapons, you can give conscripts Shrecks and LMG42's if you so wish.

Soviets would be balanced to incorporate retreat, its a core game element that some people cannot bare to be without, I haven't exactly missed it but then my fighting style is quite sloppy.
Right now, the AI in 1.05 can retreat (its a bug brought on by the Prop-war 'fix') and they are no more difficult to fight aginst with retreat than they are without retreat... actually, the fact the Soviets are basically FORCED to fight to the death is what made them a pain in the ass to fight against in the first place

Offline Panzer4life

• Axis Commander
  • Commissar
    • View Profile
Hey, what will the Soviets also get, since you are adding retreat? And What makes everyone think it will bring all the old fans back?
No one can stop the German panzer divisions.

Offline ParkerWarrior

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
I think that the theme is not only about the retreat of the Soviet Union
but what ostheer and removing the original factions
How about remove the Americans and the Wehrmacht, and instead add them to the Soviet Union and ostheer but assuring leaving the British and Panzer Elite
one billet can change history

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
And What makes everyone think it will bring all the old fans back?

I can tell you what it would bring back if we didn't change things...nothing.
The more you fix something more likely it to be liked by the wider audience that rejected it due to these flaws in the first place.
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
I don't think you should retreat, but if you do choose to, you have to get rid of a few things. No, alot of things. First of all theres like, I think, 5-9 things (depending on doctine) that makes the sovs fire up and deny suppression. Your going to have to put that down to 2-3 things because then they would all be useless. Also you  have to rise the  cost because before the sovs could retreat, it was a very low chance to get the conscripts back to the base. But now since they run like hell to the base, you have a way higher chance and people are going to get a great fighing force in less then 30 seconds.

I could be wrong, lets see how it turns out.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:15:40 PM by Seeme »
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
we won't just add reterat and vet and leave everything else as is...of course not! We'll be making (or should I say unmaking) alot of stuff we put in place just so we can make the no retreat sort of viable...
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline Dominic 'Dragon' Cassidy

• Administrator
  • Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL POLL: Changes for 1.06
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »
The people have spoken. The poll says add retreat and veterancy but keep existing factions.

Topic Closed.

Not to mention the majority of discussions in this part of the forum are completely and utterly outdated, repeating the existence of long lost issues and balance instabilities.
Posting about balance problems in 1.04 days before the release of 1.05 is nothing more than a waste of your own time.

P.S. This is targeted at no one in particular and is simply my own opinion.

Cassidy Motto -> Frangas non flectes.....You can break me, but I'll never bend.