Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Player vs AI replays  (Read 1789 times)

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
Player vs AI replays
« on: May 24, 2010, 08:48:29 PM »
As the name of the topic say => why this replays are not allowed?

I really like to watch replays sometimes,even player vs AI.
What is wrong in posting replays like that ?
Many players make games against AI and some of them can be interesting or fun for watching.
Also with a large base of replays many people will learn to play just watching them,and will be avoided hundreds of topics created just for some little things/questions.

For example if will be created one official topic just for replays with players vs AI will be very little "waste" of space,in exchange of many advantages.

So...what do you think ?

Offline Zerstörer

• Developer
  • Mr. Spam
  • Listen up knuckleheads!
    • View Profile
Re: Player vs AI replays
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 12:07:56 PM »
Playing AI may be fun, but its not good to judge balance, its not competitive, its not creative and 90% of the time its played on maps with many choke points which is simply a meat grinder.
Watching a replay vs AI is...a waste of time to be honest, you might as well use the time to play a game....even if it is AI.

The reason for posting replays , is to show some competitive gaming, innovative tactics...fun games where you outsmart your opponent etc. That's not what you get with AI matches. You won't really get tactics advice either...more like 'tricks' that work only vs AI.

So, as we originally said, this is only for human vs human games.
R.I.P MrScruff - A genuine Good Guy and great artist
R.I.P Loran Korn - A very brave and talented guy
RAP NEWS http://thejuicemedia.com/?ref=nf

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: Player vs AI replays
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 12:18:11 PM »
I know to play and i don't ask or need for advices,but,how i told,for me is funny watching replays.

It don't matter to much if is against AI or player.I have allot of time to waste,so....i have time to play this game 3 days non stop if i want,but...sometimes i am lazy,or drunk and i just want to relax watching at something funny...

Nothing wrong in that...i think...