Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: [1.31] If your game crashes - Post here  (Read 93973 times)

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
Re: *NEW NEW* If your game crashes - Post here
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2010, 04:00:31 AM »
That's because the second time you try, the game is in the cache memory.
Yep, that's what we suspected.  The auto-detect on the client machine set most stuff to "Ultra".
Did you and your friends installed DirectX routines? If not you should.

Also, you and your friends can deactivate triplebuffer and vsync to improve the performace. You can check it on EF Launcher Settings menu, if you use EF Launcher; if you use a shorcut from RelicCoH.exe you should add "-novsync -notriplebuffer", without the quotes of course.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline sightreader

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2010, 12:12:38 AM »
Did you and your friends installed DirectX [nofollow] routines? If not you should.
Our DirectX should be up to date as far as I know.  The game has been running flawlessly since he turned his graphics down from Ultra (not to mention loading faster as well!)

Offline KALIMATOR

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2011, 08:19:51 AM »
Здарова народ!! Вот проблема. Скачал, установил, обновил. Загружаю и в выборе нации пишет что мол нельзя русских юзать и замок красный рядом. Что за Хня!?

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
Ну привет.
Ты, случаем, не ГР запускаешь (надо именно ВФ)?
Замки, в любом случае, идут от игры, а не от мода. Т.е. замки стоят на месте кампаний, которые тебе не доступны, потому что ты купил не полную версию игры (не Tales of Valor, а Opposing Fronts, например).
РККА доступна только в режиме схватка, т.к. компании никто еще не сделал, и если сделает, то не скоро.

Бывай.

П.С.: Проголосуй против фашисткого вермахта, за РККА! Не дай фашистской гадине снова поднять свою уродливую голову! -
http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=4913.0
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:36:11 PM by IJoe »

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline Werty_5792

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2011, 05:41:35 AM »
Game crashed with me being russian and an american ally vsing 2 german. it crashed when their tanks had entered my base.
This was with the lastest patches out atm. i've attached requested log and dmp files
cant remember the name of the map but it was one of the custom EF maps (2v2)

Offline jmac4311

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2011, 09:04:25 PM »
I've a problem with playing on the Vire River Valley. One Wehrmacht vs a soviet and american AI. The game always locks up on when I do this. The screen will shake as if the images of the game were something that could be tossed about by picking up ones monitor and shaking it. The game doesnt completely crash but it certainly wont play any farther past that point.

My pc has directx up to date and the graphics for company of heroes are well below upper limit of my graphics card. Have not noticed any problem on other maps to this extent.

Offline mowensmith

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »
Whenever i click on my launcher it crashes, and i am unable to play the game. if anyone has any ideas please reply

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2011, 10:09:30 PM »
I've a problem with playing on the Vire River Valley. One Wehrmacht vs a soviet and american AI. The game always locks up on when I do this. The screen will shake as if the images of the game were something that could be tossed about by picking up ones monitor and shaking it. The game doesnt completely crash but it certainly wont play any farther past that point.

My pc has directx up to date and the graphics for company of heroes are well below upper limit of my graphics card. Have not noticed any problem on other maps to this extent.

Low your settings and disable anti-aliasing. Hope that helps.

Whenever i click on my launcher it crashes, and i am unable to play the game. if anyone has any ideas please reply
READ BEFORE POSTING!! - List of Issues & Fixes
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline wangdalf

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2011, 01:27:33 AM »
I usually play this game with 3 friends of mine, and we've all had problems with the game crashing during 4 player matches, but never usually during a 1v1. The thing that always seems to trigger the crashes is when a player uses artillery. it's happened once when I used the command squad artillery strike as russians, and also when a werhmacht player used rocket barrage. only one player's game actually crashes when this happens and it's a different player every time.

Offline 6izik

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »
Здравствуйте, у меня проблема. Некоторые карты вылетают, пишет, что нет папки TEMP, хотя всё наместе. Оригинал работает без проблем. Причем вылетает не постоянно, некоторые карты (с пометкой ВФ) запускаются нормально, некоторые вылетают на середине загрузки, а не которые загрузились и тут же вылетают (ещё в окне загрузки), это у всех так или проблема у меня? В любом случае есть решение?

Offline IJoe

• Mr. Spam
  • Who controls the present controls the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
Здравствуйте, у меня проблема. Некоторые карты вылетают, пишет, что нет папки TEMP, хотя всё наместе. Оригинал работает без проблем. Причем вылетает не постоянно, некоторые карты (с пометкой ВФ) запускаются нормально, некоторые вылетают на середине загрузки, а не которые загрузились и тут же вылетают (ещё в окне загрузки), это у всех так или проблема у меня? В любом случае есть решение?
Try using english further on. (Здесь пиши только на английском, т.к. здесь нет модераторов специально под каждую языковую группу. Будешь продолжать - не получишь ответа, а возможно и бан отхватишь, как за спам)
Translated as follows:
Hello! I have a problem.
Some maps crash the game. It writes, that "there's no TEMP folder", though everything is in place. Vanilla works just fine. Crashes are not persistent: some EF maps run without any problems, some crash the game, while loading, some finish the loading process, and then crash (still in the loading window). Am I the only one to have such a problem? Anyway, is there a solution?

If you want a picture of the future,
imagine a boot stamping on a human face
— forever.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2011, 05:17:10 PM »
Try using english further on. (Здесь пиши только на английском, т.к. здесь нет модераторов специально под каждую языковую группу. Будешь продолжать - не получишь ответа, а возможно и бан отхватишь, как за спам)
Translated as follows:
Hello! I have a problem.
Some maps crash the game. It writes, that "there's no TEMP folder", though everything is in place. Vanilla works just fine. Crashes are not persistent: some EF maps run without any problems, some crash the game, while loading, some finish the loading process, and then crash (still in the loading window). Am I the only one to have such a problem? Anyway, is there a solution?

Running the game on lower settings; also as that problem is just seen on x86 OS, you could try to change the OS from x86 to x64 one.
Mors Indecepta

Offline Harle

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2011, 12:38:08 AM »
I don't have the dmp file, sadly. I have played a game since it crashed and I don't feel like playing another one right now to see if it crashes. I will upload the file if I play another soon.

Basically from what I have seen, the game crashes during any skirmish including more than two players. I can complete 1vs1 no problem. But 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4, all seem to crash eventually. I have not managed to complete a single game using anything except 1vs1.

This has almost always been while playing Russia, with Russian AI on my team. I suspect the problem has something to do with AI Russians. I will probably try running a game versus two AI russians, and trying running a game where I am the only Russian faction, and fill out the rest of my team with Americans. See if the game crashes in those circumstances. Because thus far, the game has crashed very reliably whenever there is more than one AI Russian.

The crash is fast. It just drops immediately to desktop and brings up the Relic crash reporter. Nothing special.

I will say that one of those times the game seemed to crash when I recrewed an AT gun as Russians, and it's possible that the game might be crashing when the AI Russians recrew AT guns, but that's just speculation.

Edit: About AT guns, I will say that I have had no trouble recrewing AT guns in 1vs1 as Russians, so it's probably just my imagination.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:40:35 AM by Harle »

Offline Clinxz

• Ingenery
  • Go in all guns blazing
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2011, 02:27:09 AM »
Map: Gilroy's Harbor
Factions involved: Russians, Americans, Germans, Elite Germans (the 2 dif axis factions)
I was in the process of defending my ally with commissars with SMG upgrade.
It crashes every game. Have suspicions it has something to do with the Germans....

Both files needed are attached. Please fix soon. Only just got it working again  :-\

Offline schwev

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2011, 08:01:19 AM »
Hello. I just bought the company of heroes gold pack from steam that includes both COH and COH opposing fronts. I went on and made my account and all seemed to be going well, but ANYTHING I try to play on the game makes me crash to the desktop... Tutorial, skirmish, online, campaign, even the performance test after adjusting graphics settings.

I have windows 7 64-bit, geforce 9800GT graphics card, and i'm currently using an HDTV as my monitor with an HDMI cable.

For any other details  on computer specs just ask, thanks
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:16:48 AM by schwev »