Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Foreign Support Units.  (Read 15060 times)

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
Foreign Support Units.
« on: June 02, 2010, 05:47:21 AM »
Right guys, since we all keep arguing about which nation (if any) should be implemented into the Ostheer, I opened up this poll to see who will gain the largest majority. When you choose your nation be sure to present in what possible form can you implement it into the Ost (as in Infantry, Support, Vehicles, Tank, be specific!!!!!!)

I will start us of by saying I would implement the Italians in the form of:

Alpini Infantry Support: 4 soldiers armed with 1 scoped Carcano M91 rifle, 2 Beretta Modello 38, and 1 Fucile Mitragliatore Breda Modello 30 LMG, this small versatile squad can provide support in offensive ops as well as defensive.

They can be upgraded with an Alpini Capitano (for 75 munitions) who is armed with a Beretta M 1934 and gives a Zeal bonus to all nearby Alpini (the effects are cumilative per Alpini Capitano). Only 5 of these squads are allowed on the field at one time.

So guys, I'd love to see your thoughts and idea. But no impolite remarks guys. Lets keep this thing clean :) .

Offline Versedhorison

• Commissar
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign Support Units.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 06:18:18 AM »
No one. These threads are for trolls and flame wars.

[insert signature here]

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »
I have a bad feeling about this poll...

And i told this all the time;
when Ostheer gets foreign troops we will try to get them "general names" like mediteranian troops or nordic volunteers or balkan legion or things like that.

The main problem is;
when we call one unit e.g. hungarian soldiers or italian soldiers a lot of other guys would start to cry. It is impossible to implement ALL NATIONS of the axis. It would be TOO much!

And seperating by poll wont calm dont the situation.
By this reason a warning for u!
-> When this topic turns into a flamewar i will close it immediately!!!

May the force be with you.

Offline Aouch

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »
I really hope foreign troops will be represented the way Lord Rommel said.
There were just too many nations involved to focus on 2-3 single countries while the rest will start to cry for their own nation's unit.

I would just make a "Foreign Volunteers squad" without any hint to the region they comes from, so this squad could cover every Axis state from Finnland to Persia (or wherever "Handzar" came from).

Tanks could be replacement-units for German tanks, like Turán II for PzKpfW. III, Semovente 75/18 for StuG III or Toldi for PzKpfW. II.
In memoriam MrScruff
The Wehrmacht in the East

Obstheer FTW!

Offline 250.Inf. Div.

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 06:38:15 PM »
i dont like the idea because,mediterranean volunter composed of Italian and Spanish is no historical italians use your uniforn and weapon,the spaniards use germans uniforns and weapons,is that mediterranean volunters ??? likes sound similar fruit juice,or used ss grenadier divisions a example the 29 grenadiers ss division formed by italians and one spanish kompanie.

By the problem in use "ss" name make a patch for countries that have not prohibitionist and the rest change the name.

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 11:41:14 PM »
Lord Rommel, i understand were you are coming from being afraid for the trolling and whining that their nation isn't implemented. Thats why i asked for people to name a unit, not just vote and nag why their country isn't on the poll. My concern is people not naming or designing units, just voting and leaving. Kinda a bummer. If it become a flame war please do close it but as it is right now i would like some ideas, nothing too special just see what would be represented in what way. If i had my way, we would have Cossack SS divisions and Italian Alpini, but i understand where you are coming from, sooooo

I present my new unit suggestion:

Foreign Volunteers: A 4 man squad of multinational
 troops from various countries that have pledged their support to us.

Armed with multiple different weapons (2 rifles and 2 sub-machine guns and AT grenades), wearing different uniforms, and speaking different languages, these troops are varying in skill: from WW1 veterans to fresh troops, from MG gunners to snipers, but they have one thing in common, a want to kill the Communist dogs. They are skilled at all ranges but do not specialize in anything making them good, all around Infantry troops, but nothing too special.

Now if one of the devs can tell me, is it possible to create a unit who's troops are always dressed in random nations uniforms with complementary weapons from such weapons without having to completly overhaul the system because this can be used to solve quite a few problems (such as diversity in a Foreign Squad of mine or perhaps similar design)

Thanks in advance guys

Offline ford_prefect

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 11:45:19 PM »
holy crap I voted for Spain  ;D see I'm not that much of a hater

Offline Gerrit 'Lord Rommel' G.

• Developer
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • #RememberAdmiralAckbar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 11:50:30 PM »
Lord Rommel, i understand were you are coming from being afraid for the trolling and whining that their nation isn't implemented. Thats why i asked for people to name a unit, not just vote and nag why their country isn't on the poll. My concern is people not naming or designing units, just voting and leaving. Kinda a bummer. If it become a flame war please do close it but as it is right now i would like some ideas, nothing too special just see what would be represented in what way. If i had my way, we would have Cossack SS divisions and Italian Alpini, but i understand where you are coming from, sooooo

Dont understand why my home country is a "problem"  ???
( Perhaps "problem" is the wrong word xD )
I haven't to be afraid that "my nation" isnt part of the
Ostheer because my nation "was the Ostheer" xD
My problem is that we have too much nations for one game faction and so finding a compromise is my first misson on this topic ;)
May the force be with you.

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 12:06:39 AM »
There is nothing wrong with you country Lord Rommel. But the problem is that unlike most fronts where you had a few allies that aren't to numerous to represent (or just aren't interseting to represent). The Ostfront saw a massive use of German allies (compared to other times at least) and most people (including myself) believe that they must be represented in some certain ways. We have nothing against Germany, Lord Rommel, but sometimes its fun to add some more people into the mix.

Would you prefer to have the Allies (such as in vCoH 1.00) represent only Americans or have British and others in their too. Same thing here. Would you rather have Ostheer represent only Germany and ignore multiple contributions to their war efforts by many different countries or include them in some way. It's you choice

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 12:27:12 AM »
I agree with Rommel and his Idea of 'Nordic volunteers' it puts scandinavia in mind , if represented at all they should be like that as to prevent arguments.
Molly: " It's our rock garden"
Dwight: "What are you farming, Bullcrap?"

You Are a Rebel Spy and a traitor to the Empire!
~Darth Vader

Any typos found may be given to Seeme.

Offline jdogg

• Ingenery
  • re-enacting scenes from platoon with charlie sheen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 02:22:19 AM »
the only two non-german nations that should be in the ostheer in some form are finland and romania. these two nations contributed heavily to fighting on the eastern front. im not saying that other nations didnt contribute but statistically these countries offered the most in terms of men and equipment aside from germany
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 02:26:10 AM by jdogg »

Offline PSIHOPAT

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 04:15:39 AM »
I started to don't care...

It seems this mod have another vision who go with every day more and more far for my taste...

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 04:48:29 AM »
But  people will be angry even if Finns and Romanians contributed the most if they are the only ones represented.
I swear I met you before PSIHOPAT.....somewhere .....-.-
Molly: " It's our rock garden"
Dwight: "What are you farming, Bullcrap?"

You Are a Rebel Spy and a traitor to the Empire!
~Darth Vader

Any typos found may be given to Seeme.

Offline PetikeHUN1984

• Ingenery
  • Hungarian EF Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »
I had a concept for this problem.

The "Allies support center" and in the buildin you can build the major allies nation infantry units (one type per nation) and only 1 or 2 unlocked when you chose in doctrinal tree(This is non cost in Doctr. tree)

Offline 250.Inf. Div.

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 03:27:39 PM »
I had a concept for this problem.

The "Allies support center" and in the buildin you can build the major allies nation infantry units (one type per nation) and only 1 or 2 unlocked when you chose in doctrinal tree(This is non cost in Doctr. tree)

+1