Company of Heroes: Eastern Front

Author Topic: Foreign Support Units.  (Read 15097 times)

Offline Akalonor

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign Support Units.
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2010, 02:38:12 AM »
erm what seeme ?
Molly: " It's our rock garden"
Dwight: "What are you farming, Bullcrap?"

You Are a Rebel Spy and a traitor to the Empire!
~Darth Vader

Any typos found may be given to Seeme.

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2010, 02:40:54 AM »
I was answering "The reaper"
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline PanzerWilly

• Donor
  • Strelky
  • Fresh meat into the Fray!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2010, 03:39:15 AM »
They should have a ability called Ambush! which makes there first shoot out of camo instantly kill 1 soldier from the enemy squad and suppresses all the squad for a few secs. This will make the unit very useful.
Wow, that will be too powerful, considered that they are inspiration troops with aura that may benefit the remaining ostheer infantry. The camo may only serve to hide the unit if the fights turn ugly and the Finnish might be a whole lot more costly than regular infantry. But I would not go straight and think that my concept will be used. It up to the dev that think wheter or not the Finnish and Hungarians should have a role in the Ostheer, if the dev said its a no no, then better we discussed something more important.

Offline Aouch

• Commissar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2010, 04:08:26 PM »
I don't know, but for some reason I think the DEVs already stated, that IF there are any Foreign Units in the Ostheer, they'll have more general/common names like (this is an example by mine!) "Foreign Support Troops" or maybe "Northern Assault Squad".
Not a specific name like "Spanish 250th Blue Division" or "SS-Division Wiking".  :)
In memoriam MrScruff
The Wehrmacht in the East

Obstheer FTW!

Offline 250.Inf. Div.

• Guard
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2010, 04:55:43 PM »
Hmmm, as the soviets don't have any foreign named troops, like Ukrainian support, or something like that, I think Ostheer wont be getting any foreign troops. Like Mother Russia, the Ostheer represent the regular German army.

exist foreign units within the Red Army,I think the Russians framed foreigners in the same units that they,Spanish side only know these cases:

Enrique Líster-soviet general.

Rubén Ruiz Ibárruri-Lieutenant 13th Regiment of the Guard fallen in stalingrad.hero of the soviet union and Order of Lenin.

Ángel Guindal-captain in sabotage unit.

units concerning:4th Special Company formed only by republicans spanish,moscow front 1941,1942.

3rd regiment of volunteers-leningrad front formed by 74 spanish and more foreign volunteers.

greetings товарищ.

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Poster of the Soviet Union
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2010, 07:53:34 PM »
I don't know, but for some reason I think the DEVs already stated, that IF there are any Foreign Units in the Ostheer, they'll have more general/common names like (this is an example by mine!) "Foreign Support Troops" or maybe "Northern Assault Squad".
Not a specific name like "Spanish 250th Blue Division" or "SS-Division Wiking".  :)
The reason is that if they represent all the allies, besides the time that will take, a lot of pelople will complain about it, the uniforms, the weapons, that X and Y nations didn't get mixed because they hatred each other, the way they walk... you cannot make everyone happy... Also any other faction doesn't have that feature as well, and i don't think ostheer needs that to be unique.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline Newbie.

• Commissar
  • A single Tiger was worth ten Sherman. I'm the 11th
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2010, 09:38:26 PM »
call it 'Volunteer Unit' (Doesn't have to state their foreign, maybe give them a european accent,) and arm them with Steyr-Mannclineer M1895 Rifles, and everyones happy.

Offline Seeme

• Mr. Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2010, 02:38:39 AM »
The fact is, I don't give a crap if everyone is happy. Just call it Finnish troops, and for those 1% of people who don't like it, screw them.
The Russians think there sooo tough, wait till the Ostheer comes...

Coh Name: Seeme

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2010, 04:20:37 AM »
Those stating that there are no specific units in the game that state their nationality are wrong, I could've sworn that the Riflemen in that British campaign level where you needed to assault the airfield were called Canadian Rifles and spoke like Canadians (American-ish accents, making references to their home on the Praire and etc.)
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline Ryousan

• Guard
  • We shall not give up and despair.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2010, 04:36:33 AM »
I think that one way to go around this problem is to use general  terms in the language of the nation that is being represented.

Romanian: Sprijin Squad

Finnish: Hyökkäys Team

Italian: Fuciliere Section

For example.

My Ostheer Concept Updated: August 26, 2010

http://easternfront.org/forums/index.php?topic=4099.0

Offline Blackbishop

• Administrator
  • Community Manager, Programmer and Kicker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2010, 04:45:22 AM »
Those stating that there are no specific units in the game that state their nationality are wrong, I could've sworn that the Riflemen in that British campaign level where you needed to assault the airfield were called Canadian Rifles and spoke like Canadians (American-ish accents, making references to their home on the Praire and etc.)
That was just the campaign. I don't think that is a valid reference. Unless you are talking about foreign units on the future campaign.
Mors Indecepta

Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself...

Offline BurroDiablo

• Developer
  • NYET!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2010, 05:01:32 AM »
Relic put in one extra nationality, we could very much put in several. Bottom line is, to avoid butthurtedness when it comes to foreign Units, we will be naming them something neutral. This means, when it comes to release time, people aren't screaming 'How waznt mi guiz cuntry addeded?!1!', then proceed to type out a 50000 word essay outlining how their countries armed forces were awesome and the ones we've added are shit.

The fact is, I don't give a crap if everyone is happy. Just call it Finnish troops, and for those 1% of people who don't like it, screw them.

You're not a dev, you don't need to deal with the crying. But you seem like the perfect EA employee...

Offline HyperSniper999

• Major
  • Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »
I wonder if Aussies or Kiwis complained there were no ANZAC and Maori Infantry to Relic when OF came out because they only put in Canadians and British.
"You can close your eyes and plug your ears and be afraid and ignorant of the darker parts of history, but always know that you're the one responsible for allowing those events to happen again and with even greater consequences and not know how to end the nightmare you did upon yourself."

Offline neosdark

• Donor
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »
I wonder if Aussies or Kiwis complained there were no ANZAC and Maori Infantry to Relic when OF came out because they only put in Canadians and British.

They probably didn't care much...... I'm sure they consider American/ Canadian game companies to be full of idiots who didn't read history textbooks when they were in school. And i'm not implying anything about the Canadians, but as an American i can safely say that 98% of people could care less about history.

Anyway im still surprised that this topic hasn't evolved into a flame war, eh Lord Rommel.

Offline Lolman112

• Ingenery
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2010, 07:23:57 PM »
Plz dont make foreign units, they were from everywhere, too confusing. I'm dutch, Many SS volunteers were from the Netherlands. There were also ppl from luxembourg and berlium who were forced into the german wehrmacht. these are only 3 countries. They also came from sweden, norway, finland, italia, france etc, etc...